Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beanHOLES

Started my DermaRoller on Nose Pores tonight..

Well tonight, I recieved my dermaroller and I proceeded to give it a roll...or two..or 400.

on my nose, cuz my nose pores are so hideous and destroy my social life.

my pore topic-----> http://www.acne.org/messageboard/huge-roug...04#entry2687504

anyways, so i began rolling using a .5mm roller.

i could hear the tiny little punctures and noticed oily like substance spill onto my nose as i rolled, then came traces of blood.

It hurt, but not in a horrible way, like, a nagging ingrown hair type pain taht u keep messing with, but only get a tear to squirt out of your eye..

anyways, so the hundreds of little holes are supposed to enforce collegan growth -therefore helping to minimize and heal these large pores/scars/and aging skin.

5x a wk is the recommended use, and i am willing to roll and roll away to healthier looking skin.

not long ago, i made a HUGE mistake of going to a estitician and having her do a chemical peel to help wit my nose pores...no no no no. waht a mistake.

when i least expected it, she squeezed all the solidified sebum out of my nose pores. I WAS PISSED! soon after, i realized, she had made them so much worse and literally tore them open wider. I hoped and hoped clearing this sebum woulda shrank them, but HE11 NO!

now i hide them even MORE! and makeup (i know i know, homo since im a guy) will not even hide them anymore!

it is the worst case of Orange peel look ever.

so Im really hoping taht this roller will work...at least sumwhat.

i have given it almost all i have. and i heard nothing but terrific things about this and negative things about all that i have thought about doing besides this.

from lazers to peels. horrible outcomes.

PLEASE! if you have any experience with rollers, do tell.

so far, my nose is a lil bloody, like a scraped knee. burns a bit, but not bad at all. dont know if i shoudl wash the blood off or what yet....

or if i should moisturize before bed, or let my natural oils take control...

the package says nothing about post rolling, only prior directions and use.

hmm...

please please please! work work work! i will donate to this dermaroller fund if so! :)

day 2:

nose texture is horrible, but pores arent looking as deep and large.

nose is bright red-been keeping moisturized with the occasional slab of vitamin a&d cream (baby rash and tattoo use)

just really red. dont know if im to use it while its red, or use, then day off, then use, day off, use use use?

i heard 5days is the way to keep it goin. is it goin to be this red each time? or am i pusshin to hard?

if i dont get a response i think ill give it a day off then roll again tomorw.

I know exactly what you are going through. I'm a 29 year old female, and I have LARGE pores ALL over my nose - Not just in one spot, but all over! I avoid wearing makeup because it makes my pores more noticeable. I think about my pores 24/7, I'm always looking in the mirror every min. When I go to bed the first thing I think about is how my pores are gonna look in the next day. When I wake up in the morning, the first thing i do is look in the mirror to see if my pores have gotten any smaller. I hate when people talk to me really close, lately I've been avoiding people by doing most of my clothing shopping online. Whenever I have to go to the grocery store I don't go until late at night around midnight or so. I've had this problem since I was around 14 years old - seriously! I mean, at that time my pores weren't noticeable but I had black heads that I would squeeze out of my nose every single chance that I got. I seriously had a problem, I was always in the mirror squeezing the white gunk outta my nose. Then one day I remember picking at this one pore that didn't completely close up with a needle - It was sooooo stupid- I was bored i guess, and I thought no harm done cause it would close up or what ever (I know now that pores do not close up or shrink on their own) So now I had this one huge pore on the side of my nose. So then after a while I began to notice that the pore would close whenever it was full of dirt or whatever. So once again, being dumb I refused to clean or even touch my nose (I washed my face of course, I just avoided my nose). Not once did i have a black head or anything like that. so I went about my business my nose was fine, then about three years ago I noticed that my pores where huge on my nose, not just that one on the side, but all over. Anyways to make a long story short I've tried that product concelapore, I've tried microbrasion, I tried not squeezing my nose, but the pores just seem to get bigger and bigger. my husband made a comment about my nose, so that didn't help much. I thought about burning my nose, cutting my nose - pretty much everything you can think of because I figure it'll heal and look ten times better then what it does now.

I know exactly what you are going through. I'm a 29 year old female, and I have LARGE pores ALL over my nose - Not just in one spot, but all over! I avoid wearing makeup because it makes my pores more noticeable. I think about my pores 24/7, I'm always looking in the mirror every min. When I go to bed the first thing I think about is how my pores are gonna look in the next day. When I wake up in the morning, the first thing i do is look in the mirror to see if my pores have gotten any smaller. I hate when people talk to me really close, lately I've been avoiding people by doing most of my clothing shopping online. Whenever I have to go to the grocery store I don't go until late at night around midnight or so. I've had this problem since I was around 14 years old - seriously! I mean, at that time my pores weren't noticeable but I had black heads that I would squeeze out of my nose every single chance that I got. I seriously had a problem, I was always in the mirror squeezing the white gunk outta my nose. Then one day I remember picking at this one pore that didn't completely close up with a needle - It was sooooo stupid- I was bored i guess, and I thought no harm done cause it would close up or what ever (I know now that pores do not close up or shrink on their own) So now I had this one huge pore on the side of my nose. So then after a while I began to notice that the pore would close whenever it was full of dirt or whatever. So once again, being dumb I refused to clean or even touch my nose (I washed my face of course, I just avoided my nose). Not once did i have a black head or anything like that. so I went about my business my nose was fine, then about three years ago I noticed that my pores where huge on my nose, not just that one on the side, but all over. Anyways to make a long story short I've tried that product concelapore, I've tried microbrasion, I tried not squeezing my nose, but the pores just seem to get bigger and bigger. my husband made a comment about my nose, so that didn't help much. I thought about burning my nose, cutting my nose - pretty much everything you can think of because I figure it'll heal and look ten times better then what it does now.

Wow. So you just explained literally, word for word, what i have been doing for teh last 2,3 years.

Im almost hesitant to believe someone wrote that rather then myself! !

Ya im in constant moderation of my nose, if im out somewhere, I feel my nose getting plagued with oil, so ill leave to restroom, wash hands, and pat with the damp towel while checking how noticeable my nose is to everyone else. I use my cell phone like a mirror sometimes...

The days my nose is somwhat better, I'll use that day like crazy! ill go everywhere with a better confidence -but sadly that day has not been in a long time. I notice that when I sweat, my nose looks how i would LOVE to have it. Smooth and a nice color tone. So ill usually workout before i go out and about. But usually, Ill go places that are not well lit.

So no wal marts. Malls. Arena games. anything in daylight...it sux.

BTW!!!

the dermaroller didnt work well for me. I made a mistake of rolling on teh front and sides of my nose, and the sides didnt change, but now the FRONT of my nose is porous. HUGE mistake. Huge huge huge. to the point i wish i could go back in time...

Ive gone to a Laser skin place also for a consultation. Just did a Foto facial and Microdermabrasion...

not sure what to expect or think of it yet. Only got 1 of each done.

I know this is an internal problem and probably has to do with the massive oil production and skin problems beneath, but my derm said, EPIDUO.

I already used it before and it worsened the oil condition.

I almost wish I had extreme cystic acne to get Accutane to put a stop to the rediculous oil production...

As of now, I have just been washing my face with a cream like cleanser from clean and clear. then I rub down with witch hazel, then moisterize with a Vitamin E cream mixed with a few drops of Tea tree oil.

The more moist my nose is, teh better the pores look. BUT< the greasier and shiny it looks.

I just can't win.

It sux going from my past very social life, to a hermit hiding out all the time. Especially since my brother and I share the same friends.

Im afraid of my mental state, im a very strong willed person but this is ruining my life.

Im thinking of looking into something that maybe works like accutane with oil glands...I'm making me another derm appt to discuss how worse its getting and ill ask.

Then, if i find something, and the oil is helped, ill look into possible skin graphing at a Plastic surgeon or something...

Thank Universe I have money to do it all. I dnt know how i would ever work a regular job with this constantly bothering me to where I get anxiety attacks if Im stuck in light near people.

Sounds like me too. I have only ever seen 3 people in my life who have nose pores in the same league as me. Those 3 people had pores slightly different to mine though.

Their pores were deep and large and u could see that the pore itself was wide. In normal overcast daylight one of these people still had noticible large pores whereas mine in overcast daylight, or normal lighting do not show like this. It is the area around my pores which is sunken slightly which means that the stuff that comes out of them isn't even wide and the pore hole itself isn't too big. It is the harsh lighting or sun light which show mine up as almost mini scars.

I am hoping that needling may raise the area around each of these pores.

For example i could have two pores which appear the same size, as in the pore opening but one could have a sunken area around and one not?

Never really seen any other people with pores like mine?

I also noticed that when my nose was oiley, it was smoother and pores less noticeable - at least to me. That's the main reason why my pores are so large because I didn't take in consideration that dirt and oil contributes to large pores (at least in my case, cause non of my family members have large pores). For the past few months I've been doing things the right way - for example, washing my face everynight before bed no exceptions, exfoliating and so on. As weird as it sounds, it was tough at the beginning (breaking my old routine) because while the rest of my face was flawless the pores on my nose was huge and shiny Plus I had these fine little wrinkles on the front of my nose that made the pores appear even worse. Every other day I would cry or wanna break something because that's how bad it was. But I stuck with the new routine because it was my bad habits that got me here in the first place. Also I kept thinking about what my nose would like like in 10 years if I continued my bad practices. I've been using proactive daily oil control which helps reduce sebum levels or something like that, Estee Lauder pore minimizing skin refinisher, and Murad T-zone pore Refining Gel (Gosh, I sound like a sales person -But I swear I'm not) . Yeah, It sounds like a product overload or something - but in the last two and a half weeks my nose doesn't LOOK that bad. Also, my nose is a lot softer and smoother. Whenever I would touch my nose it was like it was rough or something- not soft like the rest of my face, I don't know, its kind of hard to explain. I wish I could upload some before and after pictures but for some reason the site (or maybe my computer) wouldn't let me. I asked about the foto thing but I'm to dark for that procedure.

Edited by Lenapore

I also noticed that when my nose was oiley, it was smoother and pores less noticeable - at least to me. That's the main reason why my pores are so large because I didn't take in consideration that dirt and oil contributes to large pores (at least in my case, cause non of my family members have large pores). For the past few months I've been doing things the right way - for example, washing my face everynight before bed no exceptions, exfoliating and so on. As weird as it sounds, it was tough at the beginning (breaking my old routine) because while the rest of my face was flawless the pores on my nose was huge and shiny Plus I had these fine little wrinkles on the front of my nose that made the pores appear even worse. Every other day I would cry or wanna break something because that's how bad it was. But I stuck with the new routine because it was my bad habits that got me here in the first place. Also I kept thinking about what my nose would like like in 10 years if I continued my bad practices. I've been using proactive daily oil control which helps reduce sebum levels or something like that, Estee Lauder pore minimizing skin refinisher, and Murad T-zone pore Refining Gel (Gosh, I sound like a sales person -But I swear I'm not) . Yeah, It sounds like a product overload or something - but in the last two and a half weeks my nose doesn't LOOK that bad. Also, my nose is a lot softer and smoother. Whenever I would touch my nose it was like it was rough or something- not soft like the rest of my face, I don't know, its kind of hard to explain. I wish I could upload some before and after pictures but for some reason the site (or maybe my computer) wouldn't let me. I asked about the foto thing but I'm to dark for that procedure.

Brace urself, im posted horrible pics up that almost make me sad to be me.

thats awesome! im very happy for you. I find certain regimines that for a week, my pores will look awesome! usually a lotion or something...but then my PORES! (they have a mind of their own) will become immune to my new strategy...

I swear...hey does anyone drink alcohol here? I notice, if i drink , the very next day I swear I feel my pores throbbing..like they are dilating and they lOOK WORSE! so, ya..i barely go out and enjoy myself....even in darkend bar n grills.

BUT! LENAPORE! do you mind typing up ur routine for me? Im MAD willing to try. I took some pics of my nose today, and I was so disgusted Im kind iffy to put em up here. But i will anyway...these are pics AFTER washing...imagine what they look like during the day when I sweat and all that....

And i know wha tyou mean by wrinkles, like, all these pores in clusters are causing creases taht look like spider webs connected the dots (pores)...

I wanna razor blade slices of my nose!!!!! ...rhinoplasty? skin graphing maybe?

thanx for everyones inputs by the way. Im glad im not the only one who thinkx this terrible

On camera my nose looks a little like that but about 10 times worse, especially on the front. I don't consider having a strawberry nose, and I don't think my pores are deep or anything - I don't know, I'm gonna take some pictures and show ya. honestly, compared to mine, your nose is perfect - and if I didn't stress over the one large pore I had at the time on the side of my nose, I really don't think my nose would look like this today if I just walked away from the mirror. Anyways, I use proactive for the occasional pimple - Then I apply the daily oil control lotion, Murad T-zone pore Refining Gel, and Estee Lauder pore minimizing skin refinisher then I apply some moisturizer. For what it's worth "BeanHoles" Your nose is not bad at all. Even on my good days I'm still gonna envy you and everyone else around me (if that makes any sense).

Is this some kind of joke? I have read all your posts. I felt very sorry for you. I thought, hey this guy is in the same boat as me. I am 26 and I still have acne, I am not bothered by it as much, but the nose scars that I have is the thing that destroyed my life (like you I was very outgoing, always ready to party and do fun stuff with friends and family). I stayed in my apartment for months last year, only going to the nightstore once in a while to buy food (yes it was that bad), sometimes I was really starving but I didnt care. I even stayed home on christmas and new years eve in 2009, just because I hated my nose! And yes, I also thought about burning my nose. Rather have a burned nose then a nose like this. Better to say, "it was an accident" then saying:"Acne caused it."

This year (beginning of 2010), I just thought, the hell with it, I am just going outside like I do not care. Act confident, and try to act like its not bothering me. It helps. For the first time in my life I would just confront others when I am waiting in the line at the mall, sitting on the "wrong" side (both sides of my nose are bad, but one side is just horrible compared to the other) on the couch etc. etc.

It helps to act this way, I really need some social interaction now and then. But it is still VERY hard, I am still very conscious about my nose scars. But the more I go out, the easier it gets. When I was in a crowd, I always made eye contact with literary EVERYONE, just to know who the f*ck is staring at my nose and to observe the look on their face (I think we can all relate to this behaviour). Now I just dont f***ing care anymore, I stopped wasting my time by doing that.

Reading your story was really heartbreaking, I felt you were me but having a way worse nose.

But after seeing the pics you posted... I thought, "WTF, THIS MUST BE A JOKE." Compared to mine and several others with nose scars, this is NOTHING. I just couldnt believe it. I know the state of mind is mostly psychological, but this.... DUDE, unless the lightning is playing some huge tricks, your nose is just fine! Ok, maybe it is not perfect, but it's (excuse me for saying this) no excuse at all to act the way you do now.

You want to see mine? I'll post some pics. Man I am so mad right now, my nose is way worse, if you would had my nose scar you would commit instant suicide!

ps. read my post any way you want. But I hope it gives you some more confidence to get some more out of your life. Your nose really isnt that bad, at ALL. I would be in heaven with your nose.

My nose is way, way, waaay worse. And on top of that I still struggle with acne (I am 26).

post-79423-1275931983_thumb.png

post-79423-1275931983_thumb.png

Edited by chained by acne

These photos are after I washed and the cooling water kept the pores closed with clean skin (as clean as it can look). And the quality of my cell phone photos may be not that great but whether or not it is "a joke" compared to urs, it still bothers me the same. Missing events and hiding out...

I am not tryna compete photos but I will take more if you'd like and the lighting is not that great in the first place. Hides many of the dilated pores, redness, and flakes of skin.

Like i have said before in previous posts, a dermatologist even was quite taken back by the state of my pores.

BTW, i am no longer dermaroling after the first few times, it got too rediculous with the constant reddening of my nose.

BTW, i am no longer dermaroling after the first few times, it got too rediculous with the constant reddening of my nose.

That's because you were sticking needles in your nose... that's the natural reaction.

Hey everyone, thanx for you posts...to those who found my camera NOT very satisfying..i found a better one taht STILL doesnt show all but here goes.

also, Levulan, ive heard of that. Ill have to research that.

My pores seemed to be gettin better now that summer time is here, and I am an extreme fitness freak..>(which is a shame my face SUX so bad...) so i have been sweating alot, taking cooling showers ...btw my nose sweats probably just as much as it seeps oil...constantly! I am constantly sweating, sticky, and damp...and Im sure its making my pores worse..but they STARTED to look better from all the sweating out wtvr it is, then constantly staying wet during my workout (hose)...

So anyways, I got up today , and notice my nose was swollen...like, THICKER then usual. as if their was so much oil not seeping out it was causing my nose to thicken..is this possible??? do you think it is my oil glands???

I am making a, hopefully not a waste of time, derm appt. to discuss this issue... Til then, I'll just be at home n working nights... :(

post-109895-1276054828_thumb.jpg

post-109895-1276054840_thumb.jpg

post-109895-1276054853_thumb.jpg

Too bad man, I was hoping to find out what the effects of dermarolling are on noses with large scar pores.

So I take it you won't reconsider?

well...I dont konw. I tried it 1x/wk for about a month...and I didnt notice any results...jsut made my nose red for a few days, which brought more attention to my already jacked up nose...

Its a shame..cuz I was soo exited when i got my roller in mail. I tried on a few acne scars and nothing...The fotofacial I got at my Skin PLace helped with that alot... I had red marks, not bumbs, just marks from acne scars and it blended it into my skin nicely...now if only i gave $hit about that...

Have you tried DDF glycolic acid wash?

\

no. the only thing a Derm has ever prescribed to me was Epiduo...which I think made the oil problem worse...

I'm gonna have to agree with Chained by acne - Ur Nose isn't that bad at all. But I know how it can be feeling like everyone is staring at your one big flaw that's smack dab in the middle of your face. Anyways, Keep us posted and let us know how that foto facial thing is working - I really, really wish I could get it done, but I guess it's not for everyone.

it might be an oil gland issue or inflammation/rosacea.

The redness suggests inflammation which may be causing the nose to swell up. I've been through this once too and was freaking out but overall the swelling went down. For me it may have been allergies or some kind of oil gland issue.

Have you tried DDF glycolic acid wash?

\

no. the only thing a Derm has ever prescribed to me was Epiduo...which I think made the oil problem worse...

Oh well the dermatologist doesn't have to prescribe this. You can pick it up at stores! My mom said it made her pores look MUCH smaller, I got it for her. And she never uses products but she uses it.

reallY? where could i find it? maybe it may help alot ...

and those of you asking for updates, no nose has worsened -this is how i know this is a major problem i don't know how to get thru a derm's head in the 10mins they'll see me.

The pores have dilated largely onto the front of my nose and worsened on the sides...oil constantly seeps out and now i am beginning to sweat from them constantly when im not even hot.

Lotions will just shine up my nose worse, my nose is throbbing at night as if my glands have heart beats...

Im making yet ANOTHER appointment to almost PLEAD with them to help me with ANYTHIGN that may be internally wrong.

but how can it just be only my nose? I just dont understand...

does anyones pores worsen with lack of sleep? exercise? alcohol? I am not a big drinker but when I do have a few beers I will feel my nose skin raise in temperature and therefore, enlarge...my life is seriously owned by hiding out of light. I wouldn't step into my mom's bday party because there was just WAAY too much light...

:( im becoming a hermit at the age of 25 and can longer work the job I loved.

it might be an oil gland issue or inflammation/rosacea.

The redness suggests inflammation which may be causing the nose to swell up. I've been through this once too and was freaking out but overall the swelling went down. For me it may have been allergies or some kind of oil gland issue.

how did you go about ridding this or was this just a one time thing that dissappeared?