Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
silverangelx

Has anyone had luck with Cetaphil cleanser + moisturizer?

Okay so first, I love the acne.org cleanser and moisturizer. It works really well for me.

It's just that... every month or so my mom has to buy me the 3 piece set over and over, and I've only bought it twice and she's already a bit upset. I don't think she'd mind as much if I went to the store and bought the products. (it's a weird mindset but for some reason I think she feels like she's using less money when she actually goes out and buys the products)

I'm using her money for it, too... and I feel bad about that. I'm pretty sure Cetaphil's products come a bit cheaper, too.

I'm still going to use Dan's BP, AHA+, and jojoba oil... and I'll probably switch back to his cleanser and moisturizer when I get my own job so I can pay for it all on my own. (probably this summer)

See, at this point I would periodically have to order cleanser, moisturizer, BP, AHA+ and jojoba oil - I feel like if I cut out that cleanser and moisturizer, my mom won't mind as much.

I guess my main point is - has anyone switched to Cetaphil? Did it work just as well for you?

I dont have experience with cetaphil, but i do love Dan's products. Honestly, if you're clear, i would do everything in my power to convince your parents to keep buying Dan's. Its cheaper for the size, and very high quality. Plus, the ingredients are way better than cetaphil.

Okay so first, I love the acne.org cleanser and moisturizer. It works really well for me.

It's just that... every month or so my mom has to buy me the 3 piece set over and over, and I've only bought it twice and she's already a bit upset. I don't think she'd mind as much if I went to the store and bought the products. (it's a weird mindset but for some reason I think she feels like she's using less money when she actually goes out and buys the products)

I'm using her money for it, too... and I feel bad about that. I'm pretty sure Cetaphil's products come a bit cheaper, too.

I'm still going to use Dan's BP, AHA+, and jojoba oil... and I'll probably switch back to his cleanser and moisturizer when I get my own job so I can pay for it all on my own. (probably this summer)

See, at this point I would periodically have to order cleanser, moisturizer, BP, AHA+ and jojoba oil - I feel like if I cut out that cleanser and moisturizer, my mom won't mind as much.

I guess my main point is - has anyone switched to Cetaphil? Did it work just as well for you?

I haven't personally tried the Cetaphil facial cleanser, but I know others on here love it. A few years ago I used the Cetaphil cleanser meant for more of a body wash. I didn't like that one, it was super runny and I thought it was hard to use. I'm using Clean&Clear Fresh Foaming Cleanser for Sensitive Skin, which is pretty cheap (less than $4 a bottle). I really like it and it takes off all of my makeup without having to scrub. I've also heard the Purpose Cleanser is really good too. I might give that one a try just to see if I like it any better. It's still pretty cheap, around $4.50 a bottle here. Of course, prices could be different depending on where you live and where you shop.

hey i had baddddd skin!! n due 2 isotretinoin my skin was lookin lik a crocodiles!! i started using cetaphil face cleanser and moisturizer n trust me my skin is thanking me for it!! its hydrated my skin very well and the redness has reduced a lot:) :dance:

I've haven't used Dan's cleaner or moisturiser yet.

The cetaphil cleanser doesn't lather and the moisturiser is kind of thick and might make you a bit shiny.

That being said, I use them both and have had good results, No flaking or irritation.

I'd say give them a shot,

I just became a member just to answer this question. :) I currently use cetaphil moisturizer. Haven't tried the cleanser, I use Dan's cleanser. And I haven't tried Dan's moisturizer. However, I'm considering buying it soon. Cetaphil Moisturizer is great for night time or if you need serious moisture. Which basically all of us on the regimen need. Cetaphil is very thick, therefore, I don't mind it as much at night when all I am doing is sleeping (though I can't stand my face sticking to the pillow. yes that happens) During the day I will use it as a spot moisturizer on my neck especially in addition to Eucerin moisturizer. However, Eucerin does not rub in well at all especially after BP, which is why I'm considering switching to Dan's moisturizer and just using a seperate SPF to put on top of it. All moisturizers I want to use have Avobenzone in it which I really wanted to avoid. I shouldn't give in right? there's better options out there! Anyway, I would also consider really doing your homework: how much are you paying per ounce for DK moisturizer vs. Cetaphil. It's easy to think that a product is expensive when you pay a lot up front but over time sometimes these things really pay for themselves. Just my two cents. Hope this helps! Good luck!

I appreciate all the expertise shared. My skin is very dry, I even have eczema. So I have tried many products, finally I got my right products form myskin .com recommendation which comes up on the the basis of my profile. I love Cetaphil cleansers and moisturizers for the face during the day. Now I feel like I have on a different face that is completely moisturized.

I started off using the Cetaphil cleanser (for normal to oily skin) and I've really liked it. Everyone seems obsessed with cleansers that lather, I actually like the fact that it doesn't. It's nice and smooth on my skin. I have not tried the cetaphil moisturizer yet. When I started the Regimen a week ago, I tried to use products I already have to save money and shipping. I've been using Neutrogena Combination Skin Moisturizer. I might switch to something else when it's gone, but I just purchased some Jojoba Oil, so we'll see if that helps the dry skin.. heh.

Edited by Tiassale

I use the cetaphil and it works great at removing make up too. The purpose didn't do it very well. As far as being less expensive it is I guess. I bought one and it's lasted me for the last couple of months and I use it every morning and night and sometimes in between if I work out. Now you can buy a BIG old bottle at Albertoson's or something like that for like $11...and I'm sure it will last for a long time! Good luck!