Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dotty1

I think I have a yeast sensitivity, too

I ate 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast and withhin 3 hours I felt drunk, lightheaded, dizzy and sleepy. Later I developed a very light headache. Although I have eaten yeast in small quantities this entire past week, the quantities were very small (small amounts of vinegar, miso soup, grapes, etc).

But eating 1/2 cup in one sitting made me feel drugged.

I became suspicious about the yeast because I had read that people with gluten-sensitivity have a significant risk of also being yeast insensitive.

The symptoms of yeast sensitivity are:

Fatigue, dizziness, mental confusion, weakness, sensory disturbances, "Spaciness," memory loss, difficulty concentrating, irritability, mood swings, depression, anxiety, weight gain, difficulty with concentration, sugar craving, menstrual problems, and muscle and joint pain. Individual feels "tired" or experiences any of the above symptoms after consuming bread products or alcohol. Also, other symptoms include: digestive problems, bloating, constipation, diarrhea, irritability, fatigue, skin rash, white coated tongue or thrush. They may experience fatigue and feeling "slow."

More Symptoms (from another site):

Generalized: Fatigue, lethargy, migraine headaches, weakness, dizziness, sensory disturbances, hypoglycemia, muscle pain, respiratory problems, chemical sensitivities.

Gastrointestinal: Oral thrush, diarrhea, constipation, rectal itching, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), flatulence, food sensitivities.

Genitourinary: Yeast vaginitis, menstrual and premenstrual problems, bladder inflammation, chronic urinary tract infections (UTI’s), bladder inflammation, cystitis, PMS.

Dermatological: Eczema, acne, hives.

Mental and emotional: Confusion, irritability, memory loss, inability to concentrate, depression, insomnia, learning disability, short attention span.

Autoimmune: Multiple sclerosis, arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, myasthenia gravis, scleroderma, hemolytic anemia, sarcoidosis, thrombocytopenic purpura.

---

EnteroLab tests for yeast sensitivity with a 95% accuracy rate. Although I'm almost 100% sure I have a yeast sensitivity from just my symptoms, I might take their test for $99 when I get a little more money.

Edited by Dotty1

Couldn't you have just added this to the other food sensitivity thread you made like 2 hours ago?

Agreed. There are way too many of these sensitivity-related threads.

I probably should have. I guess I didn't do the logical thing because I still feel light headed and not-all-there from the yeast a few hours ago. :think:

I also think my reaction was very strong because the sauce had SO Much YEAST in it. At least a half cup. I'd been feeling a little less energetic this past week after eating tiny amounts of yeast in various foods.

dotty seriously I think your fine.

Just a bit of hypocondriac and paranoia

LOL Thanks.

At 5:00, I was cooking dinner, chatting and 100% fine and by 7:00, I was dizzy and lightheaded and slurring my words. On here, I'm told that I'm a hypochondriac. In real life, my close family members said I looked and acted drugged and began saying I must have a yeast sensitivity just like my sibling who has a severe yeast sensitivity. The symptoms for yeast sensitivity are dizziness, lethargy, sensory disturbances and mental confusion.

Edited by Dotty1

Ok fair enough you have a family history of this.

I would get it checked out just to be 100% sure because symptoms can be misleading, i mean a runny nose is the main symptom of swine flu, come on.

I agree. In my first post, I said I planned on taking a yeast sensitivity stool test from EnteroLab for $99. But my reaction was so strong that I am definitely avoiding yeasts until then.

yeah that is true the procedures are costly if you avoid yeast and your symptoms clear then just keep avoiding it rather than forking out 100$

Ah I found why I acted drugged:

"One of the major toxins produced by yeast is acetic aldehyde, through conversion by the enzyme aldehyde dehydrogenase. It is converted by the liver into alcohol, depleting the body of magnesium and potassium, reducing cell energy, and causing symptoms of intoxication, disorientation, dizziness, or mental confusion.'"

Interestingly, I only acted this way after eating a LOT of yeast. Although I was eating small amounts of yeast throughout the weak, I just felt continually fatigued and I would have NEVER noticed those symptoms.

Edited by Dotty1

For people who are yeast sensitive, a moderate amount can be like a vast amount just because their body cannot handle it. Dizziness and mental confusion are the "common symptoms" of yeast sensitivity, so it doesn't take very much for those who are yeast sensitive.

yes but if it converts to alchohol i cant see it producing a concentrated or large amount as it isnt much yeast you may have dizziness but the yeast must be causing this itself without the help of alcohol production

Drunk?? I got to try this!! Is it cheap :P

LOL Just be sure that you don't exhibit symptoms like "breathing difficulties."

And if you discover it makes you "drunk" then it means you are supposed to avoid it :confused:.