Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
travelgirl

Where can I Purchase 100% TCA Acid?

Help! I had read through the TCA cross thread several times in the past, and since it is such a long thread, and I haven't revisited it lately, I couldn't remember where within the thread I could find a source for the purchase of some 100% TCA acid. Can someone please help me quickly???

I did see a source on something like page 18 for Glycolicondemand, but I'm not sure they still exist as I can't access their website.

I would greatly appreciate anyone's help!

Thank you,

Angela

To state the obvious, you better be very, very careful. No matter how bad my scars were, I dont think i'd ever want to do this high of a percentage on my own. There's too many opportunities to ruin your face further. I scarred myself worse with a 12%, I'd hate to see what a 100% could do if applied incorrectly.

I wouldn't touch 100% TCA acid with a very long bargepole. Using that strengh TCA you have to have a doctors guidance.

i've done many of my own 100% CROSSes with success. just don't be an idiot, and don't use too much. i use so little, sometimes mine don't frost sad.gif

100% TCA will scar you permanently if it drips. To be safe, use 50% or less for TCA CROSS.

Hello, thank you to everyone who took the time to reply to my question. I truly appreciate everyone's help and concern.

Thing is, I have attempted the TCA cross method on myself twice before with a 50% acid, and I didn't find the results to be very significant. Therefore, I really wanted to step-up to the 100% TCA. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to be treated by a doctor at the moment, but I WILL be VERY careful, believe me! The last thing I want is further scarring, so perhaps I shall start with a test on a couple of my larger icepicks. Maybe I'll even try to treat the smaller icepicks with another round of 50% because your comments have started to make me a little nervous about trying the 100% on my full face.

Thank you,

Angela

Angela,

Surround the scars with Vaseline before you stick 100% in them (you may have to use a toothpick). That way, if any drips it will not touch the surrounding skin. But I would still avoid 100%.

It sounds too strong to be safe. Better be safe than sorry blablabla, we all have heard that, but hey, this 100% acid is way too dangerous for your skin.

You know, if you can't afford to hire a doctor, maybe you should just wait and save up some money. Don't take the risk. I would at least want SOMEBODY else to apply it to me, somebody with a steady hand. Imagine how you will feel if you mess up and burn a big hole in your skin or something. Then you'd be wishing that you just waited and saved some money.

Good point. I'm still stuck in this mind-set that doctors can be trusted...need to get over that. Anyway, I'm considering the TCA CROSS thing myself, but I want to find somebody with experience. Perhaps that would be an indication (not a guarantee of course) that they will be able to do this without burning my good skin. Then, again, I'm a clumsy clutz, and always have been, so trust myself less than a professional. Hopefully there are some good and ethical doctors out there still, who know what they are doing.

Just make sure that you don't have any visible liquid on the toothpick if you do it yourself. There's absolutely no way it can drip that way (there's nothing to drip!) On the downside, you'll need like 3-5 applications per scar to get a scab. It's foolproof.