Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted (edited)

Just my personal experience........

Check out my blog for starters....

Basically, I been spot treating my post breakout/pre-accutane red marks with Cetaphil Mosturizer. I rub a little bit into the red mark, then I put a dab on it with out rubbing it in and just let it sit there. I do this ALLLLLL day.....ALLLL night.......constantly. Granted I have no life because I'm not going anywhere because of my f'n acne and red marks. By all day, all night I mean periodically check yourself in the mirror. When you notice the lotion has absorbed into your skin, put another dab on. I been doing this for 2 days now and I swear that it has drastically reduce the redness almost to being completely gone. I SWEAR to God!!. No BS....

My whole theory on that is why try and BLEACH the red marks with potatos or lemons or whatever other crazy methods that people do, including myself, when you can TREAT the red mark by mosturizing it and letting your body's natural repair system repair it.

I use the Cetaphil mosturizer. But I'm sure any mosturizer/lotion will do as long as it is non-comedomegenic. I'm telling you....take a pic of yourself now....do this alllll day and if you wake up during the night sometime, do it then tooo.......and take a pic 48 hrs later and I can promise you that you will see a change. Well.......I'm not gonna promise anything but all I can say and swear by is I do it and it seriously, honestly, truely, works very, very well for me.

I hope and pray it works for ya'll. :pray:

Edited by RealTalk

Posted

I can't stress how well this works. It's almost like every time I look in the mirror, it gets better.

Posted

Are you not just temporarily covering the marks? By putting moisturiser on it constantly you could just be masking them.

Posted
Are you not just temporarily covering the marks? By putting moisturiser on it constantly you could just be masking them.

All I know is I been doing exactly what I said starting maybe 3 days ago. Today...I'd say my red marks are reduce by about 75%. I wish I would have taken pictures. I'm sorry but I'm not going to wish I get a new pimple so I can pop it and then take pictures of the fading redness progress. :)

Posted

I'm predicting that when I wake up in the morning these red marks I had will be gone.

Posted
I'm predicting that when I wake up in the morning these red marks I had will be gone.

Congrats for finding something thats working. Is it possible that you can take a picture so we can see your progress.

Posted

Congrats for finding something thats working. Is it possible that you can take a picture so we can see your progress.

I wish I had taken a picture 3 days ago. There's nothing to really take now. The marks are so faded into light light pink almost into my complexion that you can barely see them. If I get a new blemish, which I hope I dont, I will track it's fading progress.

Posted

omg tried it with some vitamin e cream.....i kept spotting it and spotting it last night, i actually have seen improvment :D

Posted

I have had acne for 3 years, the derm put me on some medicene to "clear it up" and it made my face COMPLETELY break out and it took about a month for me to be able to get it to stop. So now i am left will tons of red marks mainly on my cheeks! I am going to try this but i cant apply over and over and over like u have bc I go to college full time and work full time but i am hoping this will still work..I have a beach trip coming up and I wanna be able to layout without makeup and not b self consious :surprised:

Posted
omg tried it with some vitamin e cream.....i kept spotting it and spotting it last night, i actually have seen improvment :D

That's awesome......Those marks that I predicted would be gone are at about 90% faded now.

Posted
I have had acne for 3 years, the derm put me on some medicene to "clear it up" and it made my face COMPLETELY break out and it took about a month for me to be able to get it to stop. So now i am left will tons of red marks mainly on my cheeks! I am going to try this but i cant apply over and over and over like u have bc I go to college full time and work full time but i am hoping this will still work..I have a beach trip coming up and I wanna be able to layout without makeup and not b self consious :surprised:

I hope it does work for you. I take about 2000 mg of vitamin C tabets and about 800-1200 IU's of vitamin E a day as well. I heard they are good for the skin at repairing. I order some vitamin E lotion with emu oil and am still waiting on that. I'm sure that will work really well. Like I said though I can't promise you that it will work.....all I know is that it works for me and I wouldn't bother putting this out there if it didn't. I'll be praying for you... :pray:

Posted

how many red marks did you have to begin with? and were they like "severe" persay? and describe how they look now please, this would really help me!

Posted

I hope it does work for you. I take about 2000 mg of vitamin C tabets and about 800-1200 IU's of vitamin E a day as well. I heard they are good for the skin at repairing. I order some vitamin E lotion with emu oil and am still waiting on that. I'm sure that will work really well. Like I said though I can't promise you that it will work.....all I know is that it works for me and I wouldn't bother putting this out there if it didn't. I'll be praying for you... :pray:

Thanks! i will keep you updated next week i have several days off in a row so i can do more applying right when i need to!!

Posted
how many red marks did you have to begin with? and were they like "severe" persay? and describe how they look now please, this would really help me!

Basically what I mean is this.....I get a pimple ok.....I pop....I know they say not to but I just can't help. Ihate pimples, zits,a cne, blemishes, whatever you call them....I hate em. And I can't stand to have them on my face. Also, it feels better after I pop them. So what I do after I pop them is I wait for all the nasty ass puss and fluid to come out and periodically dab it with a kleenex so it will stop bleeding. Then I will spot treat that with Tazorac 1% cream. You can use whatever topical you have. I do that until the inflamation goes down and all of the bacteria is out. Usually only lasts less then a day. Then I'm left with a flat red blotch, right. This is when I atteack it with the mosturizer. I wash my face. Mosturize it all over. Then do my spot treatment with the mosturizer allllll day and alllll night. 3 days later the spot is gone. I don't think it matters on how many spots a person has or even how red or severe they really are. I'm not sure, however, if it will work on marks that have been there for a long time. It's most useful on fresh marks so to say. Uhmmm......like I said I also take vitamin E and C tablets and drink a butt load of water to assist. And it works. I mean I wouldn't lie r try to lead peope on at alll. I'm on this website to learn, to help, and to give and recieve support. My theory makes sense as to why this works and it really works. I don't know what else to say.

:D

Posted

I just realized I didnt even answer your question. I had 4 marks on my right cheek. They were red. LLike dark red. And they were about the size of uhmm...... i'd say a little smaller than a dime. The biggest one was a little smaller than a dime and the smallest one was a little bigger than a pencil eraser. It looked bad enough to make me want to cry. 2 days later they were light pink like. And by the 3rd day the were practically gone. I can still see them so they are not 100% gone but they should be gone totally by 2morrow. I'm sure depending on the mosturizer or lotion you use you can see different results as far as time and speed of healing goes.

Posted

What moisturiser are you using?

Posted (edited)
What moisturiser are you using?

Cetaphil, DailyAdvance Ultra Hydrating Lotion. Its dermatologist recommended, non-greasy, fragrance free, and non-comedogenic...

Works for me... I order some lotion online that I'm waiting for. It's some type of vitamin E lotion with emu oil in it. That should work better I think cuz those ingredients are good for repairing.

Edited by RealTalk

Posted

moisturizer? then would moisturizing your entire face have the same effect?

i believe the best way to fade red marks is to be patient. the skin will heal itself over time, and no amount of moisturizer or retinoid or "natural remedy" will be able to replace that

Posted

I totally agree to TS. I've been applying moisturizer (kojie san) since last December and the results are fantastic.

Posted
moisturizer? then would moisturizing your entire face have the same effect?

i believe the best way to fade red marks is to be patient. the skin will heal itself over time, and no amount of moisturizer or retinoid or "natural remedy" will be able to replace that

All I know is what I do works. And I really dont know what else to say

Posted

Ok, well that seems to be it. This method only gets them to fade so much. I'm at about 85% or so faded since 4 days ago which is great but I hit a wall :wall: They won't fade any more. I guess the rest has to come from the inside. Either way 85% in 4 short days I'll take. I think thats great with just using mosturizer. Maybe if I used a stronger lotion or something with a vitamin E in it I would have seen quicker results and maybe 95% fading. IDK. But I'm not hoping for any new marks so I can experiment. Hopefully someone else wil try and experiment with it and post results and progress cuz it reallly does work....

Let me rephrase that so I don't get any hopes up....Read what I have posted in relation to what I do and when to do and all that because it really does work FOR ME... :angel:

Good Luck

Posted

Can you just post a current picture?

Posted (edited)

I added more jojoba oil into my aha mixture and I noticed that after a week it faded some of my red marks. They're still there, but less noticeable. Before I used to only add three drops, I increased it to five making the aha more runny but in the end it made a slight difference to the color of my red marks. I had a particular one that was deep pink, but after a week it is now a lighter pink.

Edited by Anta