Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been on the regimen for a few months now, and although my skin has cleared up a lot, I get very dry skin using PanOxyl 2.5% BP. No moisturiser I've tried seems to fix this, unless I stop using the BP for a couple of days or so when my skin gets really dry to let it recover. My skin is naturally oily so I've been using moisturisers aimed at oily/acne prone skin, and I'm scared to try a moisturiser aimed at dry skin in case it blocks my pores and causes me to break out. Can anyone recommend any moisturisers for dry skin that will also be good for someone with naturally oily/spot-prone skin? Thanks!

You could add a few drops of Jojoba oil and see if it helps..

What the moisturiser for oily skin you're using right now?

sounds like you got similar skin to me and jojoba oil really hurt me hard with acne attack i wouldn't try it...

I too am looking for something to moisterusisiseee with

At the moment I'm using Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Shine Control Moisturiser, before then I was using Neutrogena Visibly Clear Oil Free Moisturiser. Both had similar results, although I prefer the Boots one because it absorbs a lot quicker. I think I'll give jojoba oil a go, a lot of people seem to have good results with it from this site. Thanks for the suggestion!

How is your routine with the Clearasil cleanser and Simple moisturiser working out for you Rom86? At the moment I'm using a Simple cleanser, but I'm not sure whether it would be better to use a spot-clearing cleanser or if that would be too harsh on my skin with the BP?

Dehydrated skin = lacking in water (not neccesarily because your not drinking enough water)

Dry Skin = lacking in oil

You need to find out what your suffering from. IMO I would say your suffering from dehydrated areas as dehydration is a condition that can occur on any skin type including oily and combination where as dry skin is an actual skin type, does that make sense?

Its a case of knowing whats a skin type and what's a condition. You can aslo have dry skin and acne. Dry skin being the skin type and acne being the condition.

Look for a moisturizer that hydrates your skin to put water back into the skin rather than a moisturizer for dry skin that only adds oil to the skin.

Demalogica products are very good although a little pricey, have you tired them before? x

oily skin needs moisturizer too, i found when my skin (in the past) was really dry i was much more oilier but maybe thats just me. BP will always dry out your skin, maybe ease up on the amount and use a cooling lotion that says "oil free" and no fragrance or parabens. apply every 2 8 hours initially until your skin has adequet moisture

Hi

The dryness probably is caused by PanOxyl Gel. It's the worst thing you could possible use. I did the same mistake. Switch to Quinoderm, it has two strengths so make sure you buy the 5% version. Yes it is twice as strong as the PanOxyl Aquagel you are using, but it is much more gentle. Really, tried it myself. Just remember to start with little amounts.

Remember to moisturise, though. For moisturising, quite a good option is Olay Complete Care Daily Sensitive UV Fluid (link).

Good Luck!

Helios.

You're welcome :)

If it's still to harsh, ask for advice on the forums once again or just pm me. I am sure we'll figure something out.

I was using Simple light hydrating moisturiser, and while it wasn't breaking me out, i don't think it was robust enough to cope with the drying caused by BP, so i've just switched to Eucerin Lotion - 10% UREA. It seems to make my skin less dry after one use, i'm just hoping it doesn't break me out. I hate switching products.