Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been using Benzaclin now for a little less than a month, and it's okay, really hasn't helped much. I was just wondering if anyone has used this product and had any luck with it? How long did it actually take to work? My friend said it took her a good 4 weeks for her to see a difference, but I was just wondering.

Ehhhhhh.....it worked for me for a bit i guess. I was using it with other stuff as well as an oral medication so im not so sure how it works by itself. It's good for spot treatments.

It's good stuff. Everybody reacts different to different things though, y'know

My daughter used it, but it caused a *lot* of redness for her with very little good results, so she stopped. She did better with the 2.5% BP.

I use benzaclin and I love it because it helped clear my skin. I use it as spot treatment at night and it work great.

Benzaclin has been a life saver for me. I have used it for about 7 years. I was on Accutane when I was in High School and continued to use Benzaclin after my face was cleared up. I'm now finished with college and 23, and in November I had the horrible idea to see if my skin would stay perfect without Benzaclin. BIG mistake. Now my face is broken out on my chin and forehead and I feel like I did before Accutane - bummed out!

Unfortunately, this probably means I will have to use it for a long time and it costs me $150 because of the horrible insurance my family is on right now. I have an appointment with my dermatologist (who has seen me for 10 years due to my acne) next week and I am going to hand over the money to get my Benzaclin!

It does bleach, as does ALL Benzoyl Peroxide, so I use white pillow cases and wash cloths and sleep in t shirts I don't care too much about. Remember that most treatments take a pain staking two months to show if they are working or not. Just use it as your doctor prescribed. I was initially prescribed twice a day and then went to once a day after Accutane.

I'm on Duac which is essentially the same thing. Worked great for me for 3 years. It's not been so great over the last year - I guess I've developed some resistance to it. :(

I used it before having to resort to Accutane. It didn't do squat for cysts, but cleared up pustules wonderfully although it did cause a lot of drying. It's potent stuff.

I have used benzaclin for well over a year now. I did try it as a all over topical for a couple of months but it did not prevent my acne from forming and it stayed the same. I still use it as a spot treatement but try to use it sparingly since it is very drying. It does work well on pustules, but does create redness after lesion is gone that takes time to go away and your skin will stay dry for days after too on the spot you treated.

Benzaclin worked great for me at first. Unfortunately, its efficacy wore off over the course of a year and a half to the point where the side effects (dry skin, redness) outweighed the benefits by a large margin. It's great to hear that it's working for you, though! Since Hook 'Em Horns had success with it for 7 years, it may work long term for you too.

Benzaclin helped my acne, but it didn't clear it up completely. It's taken Accutane to really clear up my acne. My sister, however, is on Benzaclin and doxycycline, and she's almost clear!

I've been on Benzaclin for over a year. When I first started using it, I went through an initial purging process... my acne got worse before it got better. I noticed a tremendous difference after the first month and a half.

Now I hardly ever get pimples.

I've been on Benzaclin for over a year. When I first started using it, I went through an initial purging process... my acne got worse before it got better. I noticed a tremendous difference after the first month and a half.

Now I hardly ever get pimples.

My kids have used it for years but have suddenly developed an allergy to it. Both of them! Eye's and faces swelling. This was from two different prescriptions also. I don't get it.

Hmmm, PaperCloud maybe that's what was happening to me....I was using Benzaclin only in the morning and I kept breaking out like crazy I couldn't understand why it wasn't working. But I like Epiduo better now anyway for the mornings.

Boston50, sometimes when people use/eat something way too much for too long they develop an allergy to it. I suspect sometime in the future I will develop an allergy to honey, but until then I'm still addicted to it, lol.

I've been hearing that if you use benzaclin, you need a good moisturizer. Well, my skin flakes like mad on this medication, so I tried a gentle, non-scented lotion. Immediately, my skin started to burn. Now, I have red, flaky burn marks on one cheek (the rest of my face is fine). They look almost like hives, and they're painful- worse than a sunburn. The same thing happened when I tried just using aloe. Obviously, I won't be able to moisturize.

For those of you who are using benzaclin, have you noticed any significant burning? Did you find ways to alleviate the side effects? The stuff is great on my actual acne, so I want to keep using it, but not if it's gonna burn my face off. Also, I have a wedding to go to in a couple of weeks and I don't want my skin flakes falling in the chocolate fountain.

I had horrible acne over a year ago and I was on some other stuff but I finally decided to commit to using benza clin and it definitely did the best job at clearing me up as I noticed when I don't use it I break out. At the beginning when I put it on in the morning my face would look like a cherry and it was too sensitive to apply any powder. Soon after I'm pretty sure my skin got worse like papercloud said that your skin initially purges all of the junk in your pores and then after awhile the redness goes away and your skin is clear. If you have problems with widespread acne, this is what I had at least, it will most likely help clear all that up. Right now I'm not using Benza clin as I recently took a break from prescription meds but I have all those fields of acne coming back. If you do get really dry you should try using cold pressed argan oil a try for moisturising. It might seem oily at first (it is an oil) but it's very healthy for your skin and it absorbs into your skin so it doesn't look oily. I would know I have very oily skin.

I had horrible acne over a year ago and I was on some other stuff but I finally decided to commit to using benza clin and it definitely did the best job at clearing me up as I noticed when I don't use it I break out. At the beginning when I put it on in the morning my face would look like a cherry and it was too sensitive to apply any powder. Soon after I'm pretty sure my skin got worse like papercloud said that your skin initially purges all of the junk in your pores and then after awhile the redness goes away and your skin is clear. If you have problems with widespread acne, this is what I had at least, it will most likely help clear all that up. Right now I'm not using Benza clin as I recently took a break from prescription meds but I have all those fields of acne coming back. If you do get really dry you should try using cold pressed argan oil a try for moisturising. It might seem oily at first (it is an oil) but it's very healthy for your skin and it absorbs into your skin so it doesn't look oily. I would know I have very oily skin.

Thanks. I googled argan oil and it looks promising. I'll give it a try.