Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zafu

Is this scarring?

I think it could be. The thing is, it seems to get better and worse after shaving, but doesn't really form into pustules or anything.

I'm referring to the pigmented areas. I know the craters are scars.

post-123755-1267376470_thumb.jpg

post-123755-1267376509_thumb.jpg

post-123755-1267376470_thumb.jpg

post-123755-1267376509_thumb.jpg

Edited by zafu

I agree with everyone above. Those spots are what is known as post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and they will fade away over time, but it is a very gradual process and requires patience. I recommend finding a noncomedogenic sunscreen and wearing it daily because sun exposure can slow the fading process.

If you want to speed up the fading then there are certain skin lighteners that you can apply or you can get some lactic peels from an esthetician in your city.

see, i thought it was hyperpigmentation at first, too. but i also noticed that in the second picture, theres small depressions in the skin, which is more than just discoloration. if theres like... small dips in the skin like it looks like there is, then yeah, i would definitely say its scarring.

-taija

you guys would say sun exposure slows down the healing (dark colour)?

I kinda disagree, but im not really sure. All I know is my hyperpigmentation scars are dark now in the winter months when Im not getting much sun.

Sun heals imo. im brown though, not Caucasian so It may be different.

Edited by monkeytime1

Thanks for the replies.

It wasn't nearly as bad until I started shaving. I'm thinking the shaving cream might be throwing off my skin pH.

where i just had a nodule and squeezed it i have a small dip in the skin like crator :(

but surely using aha over time will level them out? since its technically removing the outer layer of skin?

grrr i just popped another nodule that came up on my right cheek. so flipping angry, i knew i should have left it. if it scars i will be so depressed.

nah dude I feel ya on the shaving part; my skin looks pretty bad after I shave as well.

I had the same thing from nodules this past summer, my dumb ass popped 'em all.. and I have the same exact skin situation as yours. It definitely improves over time. I can promise ya that.