Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enraou

Lutera BC

So I was having irregular periods and my doctor prescribed me Lutera but right after that my periods went back to normal so I never took it. But then two weeks later I discovered BC can be used to help acne and we called my pharmacist and he said it was okay to use for acne and that a lot of people did that.

Thing is I was reading the information packet and it mentioned warnings of blood clots and heart attack and it just....freaked me out....

Is BC safe for the most part? I mean are those kind of side affects pretty rare? I'm always scared to try things like that. :/ I'm tired of Antibiotics though so should I give it a try?

And how long can I use them????

Thanks!

So I was having irregular periods and my doctor prescribed me Lutera but right after that my periods went back to normal so I never took it. But then two weeks later I discovered BC can be used to help acne and we called my pharmacist and he said it was okay to use for acne and that a lot of people did that.

Thing is I was reading the information packet and it mentioned warnings of blood clots and heart attack and it just....freaked me out....

Is BC safe for the most part? I mean are those kind of side affects pretty rare? I'm always scared to try things like that. :/ I'm tired of Antibiotics though so should I give it a try?

And how long can I use them????

Thanks!

Hi! All medications and drug companies are required to label the extremely severe risks. I think you should give it a try. Experiencing those side effects is rare. I would not worry about it. I believe you can use them as long as you prefer, unless your doctor tells you otherwise. Good luck. Im here if you need anything!!