Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
paramoestrada

Finally! I'm clear! And I achieved it by DRINKING ...

By drinking water! Lemme tell you I am much more relaxed now, my acne wasn't so BAD, it was a few pimples here and there, and since I did pick them, I had a few scars, mostly the pimples would be on my cheeks (God knows that's the worst place to get them) and on my jawline. It was so frustrating!!! I wouldn't even go outside when the SUN was out cuz I was embarrased... I'd only see my bf at night, he loves me no matter what but still my self esteem was LOW. I am finally almost clear, I only have 1 pimple on my right side cheek, it's dissapearing already, and I have none on my other just a little red scar on the side of my eyebrow and a few tiny small red scars on my jawline, my face is smooth now though. I have been like this for about 1 week, I said to myself I am going to drink water and wash out all the bad toxins and I did! My secret is drinking 3 lts of water everyday. And showering everyday, right an hour before you shower cut a tomato in half and rub it gently on your skin. It makes it feel smooth, and cleans the oil out. That's all! tomorrow there will only be a small flat scar of the active pimple I've got on my right cheek, and hopefully no more pimples... I still go to sleep scared a pimple will appear on my face, and it's still a struggle, I touch my face as soon as I wake up, before I look in the mirror, to feel if I have any bumps... and it's been 5 days since I haven't gotten a new one... It scares me!! I wanna go out, walk, etc while the sun is out without having to wear makeup which by the way does not look so good if u have acne... I use Mineral Beil makeup... but havent used it over 2 weeks... (I live in Mexico).... Finally my face is clearing... I will continue to drink 3 lts of water, do the tomato rub... and hopefully it keeps working... By the way my diet still isn't the best but I will make it better!

Congratulations!

There is something to be said for drinking plenty of water, for me it cleared up my acne and cleared the bags from under my eyes but when I started working out again the acne just got worse and worse...I would urge anyone who has moderate acne to give it a try for 3 months or so though, it really can help.

Do you find it gives you more energy and puts you in a happier more stable mood too?

(I mean besides the happines you get from clear skin!)

Or is it just me?

I wanna start drinking more water so every day now I put 5 bottles of water into a big jug (it measures out to be a lil more than 2 liters) and drink it throughout the day. So over 14 liters of water a week, is this enough do you think? I know it's not as much as you said, but it seems like alot of water still.

Acnepwns- Did you give it a good chance to start working?

I noticed an improvement in months rather than days, I still get it on my back though probably due to sweating during workouts

I thought sweating was good for some reason. I'm not sure if it causes acne or not but I've been steaming my face every other day and my face feels pretty nice afterwards.

Ive started to try drinking more water. Everyone (on this board anyway) seems to have mixed feelings about it. Some swear by it and others dont notice a difference. Its seems to be like any other treatment, it works for some but not all. Im gonna try and see what happens, it cant hurt.

I try to do this but days i have school it makes it a little more difficult. I think i must have like a freakishly small bladder because when i drink lots of water i ALWAYS need to pee which makes it pretty hard since i travel on public transport alot.

Awesome topic title, haha.

I never noticed any difference by drinking more water, but then again I can never keep a routine of drinking it.

If your diet is varied enough, you really don't need to drink 8 glasses a day, believe it or not. If you're eating tons of fruits and veggies, they'll actually keep you pretty hydrated.

At one point, I was drinking a gallon a day because everyone kept saying how important it was. I did this for months when I ate well, and for months when I didn't eat well. It had little, if any, affect on my skin.

It's important to stay hydrated, but chugging water isn't going to fix everyone's skin. I think water is just part of the equation. Glad it helps some people, though.

I think it is important to drink water when you wake up (one glass), then eat breakfast around 30 mins later. Not drink after a meal until two hours to two and a half hours later. I think drinking water while eating or soon before/after can be counter productive.

I also noticed that if I masturbate I feel very dehydrated the next day. So I drink more when I do so.

And I must drink more if I workout for the same reason.

I keep drinking water... missed water yesterday though... and I don't know what it is, but my face is CLEAR!!! I squeeze half a lemon on the water or a whole lemon, just so it won't be that difficult to drink it. Personally it's done wonders for me... now about my diet, is normal, I don't eat that many veggies nor fruits (I should though). But I do drink 3.7 lts of water a day. And I also use the egg white mask twice a week or so.