Notifications
Clear all

beard trimmer?

MemberMember
(@ronniec)

Posted : 02/27/2010 9:03 pm

Does anyone here use one instead of shaving?

How do you find it?

Thanks

Ron

MemberMember
(@databased)

Posted : 02/28/2010 12:22 am

IME, quality varies widely. When my first trimmer died, I bought

some name brand (Vidal Sassoon?) product and it was just

lousy. I don't know if the blades were too short/dull/slow or

what, but you could just go and go and never get it all.

Sometimes it would even pull my hair. Youch. Gave up after

a week with that, dug my old one out of the trash to verify

the brand, and then bought a new Norelco. I'll stick with them

in the future.

MemberMember
(@rivercat)

Posted : 03/04/2010 1:41 am

Man, I've used a beard trimmer since I was a senior in highschool. Graduated '07 lol...

A beard trimmer is amazing if don't wanna irriate that area of your face shaving. When I first tried shaving, my skin was all bumpy and felt extremely smooth, and I didn't like it. So for years, like I said, since HS, I used a beard trimmer. Just go to Amazon and look for a Wahl beard trimmer. You'll thanks me. I have extremely clear and healthy skin where my beard is, but just above it, my skin is clogged and has little bubble like bumps all around, going towards the front of my face. They're not noticable for others, but I know they're there. But anyway, it's definetly a good idea, only thing for me is, my beard grows pretty high and far into my cheeks, so I have little hairs under my eyes that bother the shit out of me, so recently, I've been shaving around my beard every few days with some kind of Vitamin A+E razors, but really hasn't changed that part of my skin much. Who knows...

Give the trimmer a try.

MemberMember
(@ben90)

Posted : 05/21/2010 7:14 am

Yep I use the one on the end of the wilkinson sword razor lol. Works fairly well, I still get some spots if im not careful, but over all it means I dont have to bother with all this hot/cold water/ shaving cream and moisturizer. It all just irritates even more.

MemberMember
(@mulzachan)

Posted : 06/07/2010 12:56 pm

i think i look best with stubble, so i've used a trimmer for the past year or so. i like it, and plus it helps because the only place i have to use the blade on is my neck, so it saves time and possible irritation.

you might want to check it out. i use the Shick Quatro Titanium Trimmer, because it has a trimmer on one end and a razor on the other, but i'm sure there are many other great ones out there.

MemberMember
(@jacquelep)

Posted : 12/31/2014 12:42 am

Definitely prefer a beard trimmer over a razor or anything else. Used to always get cuts and burns from razor shaving. Once you switch to a great, high quality beard trimmer with hypo-allergenic blades you will see the difference. I recommend the Norelco QT4070 or the Panasonic Milano if you have super sensitive skin as solid options.

MemberMember
(@rightsmith)

Posted : 03/26/2015 3:07 am

I do mysellf to shave my beard. I love my skin and I don't do someone else to rub my skin with hurry work of trimming.

MemberMember
(@determinedtowin)

Posted : 04/20/2015 7:10 am

I've used one for as long as I can remember. I actually used a razor for the first time in years yesterday and my scarring looked absolutely awful with no stubble to cover it

MemberMember
(@heppotan)

Posted : 03/19/2016 2:12 pm

On 4/20/2015 at 8:10 AM, determinedtowin said:

I've used one for as long as I can remember. I actually used a razor for the first time in years yesterday and my scarring looked absolutely awful with no stubble to cover it

I also tried to use razor, but I didn`t like it.  After razor I`ve found a new one. It`s a Oster Limited Edition Fast Feed Hair Cut Clipper. It works perfectly for me. I`ve got it from free share by this article.
P,S, Check photo, maybe you`ll be interested in.

11.jpg

MemberMember
(@david-smith)

Posted : 06/18/2016 9:40 pm

I am usingPanasonic ER-GB40 Hair and Beard Trimmer.

MemberMember
(@zakbut)

Posted : 08/01/2016 3:28 am

Thisis very nice one and gives depth information. Thanks and keep posting! Thanksagain for the blog article . Much thanks again. Great.

MemberMember
(@justin-kennedy)

Posted : 03/17/2017 9:23 am

Braun Series 7 790cc electric razor is one of the best beard trimmer of all the time

MemberMember
(@stven-smith)

Posted : 04/17/2017 10:09 am

Definitely prefer a beard trimmer over a razor or anything else. Used to always get cuts and burns from razor shaving. once you use bread trimmer. I recommend the Norelco QT4070 .

MemberMember
(@pmt1958)

Posted : 05/31/2017 12:26 pm

Norelco One Blade is a life saver. Looks like a real shave but without the irritation. Just a really close trimmer. Awesome.

MemberMember
(@masud-rana)

Posted : 05/20/2018 4:32 am

You should pick a beard trimmer that is powered by a battery. It reduces your dependence on a power socket and is quite mobile. Additionally, most cordless and battery-powered trimmers can work underwater. This further adds to the convenience of using them. For those of you who prefer this type of beard trimmer, ensure you select one which has an extended battery life.

MemberMember
(@aryan-ali)

Posted : 08/28/2020 5:57 am

Hi

I have purchased a new trimmer by Philips from Xcite (philips 6 in 1 male trimmer mg3710) . This is a nice pick and gives good value for the money that you spend.

MemberMember
(@milkysweet)

Posted : 10/07/2020 1:35 am

On 12/31/2014 at 11:42 AM, jacquelep said:

Definitely prefer a beard trimmer over a razor or anything else. Used to always get cuts and burns from razor shaving. Once you switch to a great, high quality beard trimmer with hypo-allergenic blades you will see the difference. I recommend the Norelco QT4070 or the Panasonic Milano if you have super sensitive skin as solid options.

100% Agree!.

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 09/27/2022 7:52 pm

It's pretty simple for guys with facial hair. Are you paying attention? You use an electric shaver that swivels, not the three circle swirling blade type, and DEFINITELY not a razor with shaving cream, unles you enjoy breakouts and skin irritation. Electric and swivel, not the swirling 3 circle "tug your haris out" shavers.

I don't know what else I can say except trust me, fron someone who has tried it all, the swivelling electric causes little to no irritation. And provides the closest shave