Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clearskinwannabe

BP states once a day...

Hi I apologise in advance if this has already been covered but I wasn't sure what to type in the search box to find the answer to my question:

On the tube and box of my BP 2.5% gel it says use once a day but obviously the regimen states apply this twice a day.

Is it really okay to apply the BP twice a day? Does it just say once a day on the box of the BP to stop people breaking out in red itchy patches?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, it's OK to use it twice a day. Did you even read Dan's website?

The whole point is to go against what the so-called experts say and apply way more BP than recommended. Our method works, theirs don't.

My tube (Panoxyl 2.5) says to apply BP once a day. I've been doing it twice a day for a year. It took care of my acne. If I had listened to those assholes instead of Dan I'd still have cystic acne. But do as you like.

Oh, and by the way, I've seen other BP brands out there that said twice a day on them.

Applying 2.5% BP twice a day is fine. Just be sure to start with a small amount and to work your way up to larger amounts slowly to keep dryness and irritation to a minimum. Using a good moisturizer is important, too.

I don't know what brand of BP you're using, but you might be able to get an idea of how much to start with by checking this page.

Applying 2.5% BP twice a day is fine. Just be sure to start with a small amount and to work your way up to larger amounts slowly to keep dryness and irritation to a minimum. Using a good moisturizer is important, too.

I don't know what brand of BP you're using, but you might be able to get an idea of how much to start with by checking .

Hi thanks for that reply - it was a bit mroe friendly than the one above!!!

I will have a look at that link.

Thanks again.

You're welcome. : )

What brand are you using, by the way? I'm just curious.

Hi its the BP 2.5 Gel by Panoxyl. Is it a good one to use?

A few people have posted that Panoxyl makes them redder than other BPs, but it really all comes down to how it works for you, since everyone's skin reacts differently to things.

As long as it works for you, it's good. ; )

Haha. I wasn't being an ass on purpose, it just came out that way. Sorry about that.

Panoxyl does make me a lot more dry and red than Dan's BP, but it's the one I've been able to get my hands on. It works on the Regimen and will clear you up just like any other 2.5 BP, but it's just not as pleasant as Dan's AT ALL. If you can get your hands on the Acne.org products, get 'em! If not, Panoxyl will do. But I'd strongly recommend you get a really good moisturizer and something like jojoba oil to go with it. I use Dan's moisturizer because it is the best one, but even when I apply two full pumps of it after treating my face with a full finger's worth of BP, I feel tightness. So I'm not a big fan of Panoxyl.

Haha. I wasn't being an ass on purpose, it just came out that way. Sorry about that.

Panoxyl does make me a lot more dry and red than Dan's BP, but it's the one I've been able to get my hands on. It works on the Regimen and will clear you up just like any other 2.5 BP, but it's just not as pleasant as Dan's AT ALL. If you can get your hands on the Acne.org products, get 'em! If not, Panoxyl will do. But I'd strongly recommend you get a really good moisturizer and something like jojoba oil to go with it. I use Dan's moisturizer because it is the best one, but even when I apply two full pumps of it after treating my face with a full finger's worth of BP, I feel tightness. So I'm not a big fan of Panoxyl.

Ok I forgive you. hahahah.

I am just starting out on the regimen so I think I will try the Panoxyl for a bit and see how I get on with it but I have already experienced redness and very very dry skin.

I hope this regimen works because its my last chance saloon before I try the dreaded roaccutane!!!