Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tigermike

Can't recommend this enough...

Sean Croxton is awesome! He knows his $hit! He will be blowing up in the next few years. He has a great video on Leaky Gut and its links to acne as well.

PANIC

Yeah I watch the full version some weeks ago. In a side discussion, what do you think of a moderate carb paleo where all your carbs come from fruit. Say, 30% of daily calories from carbs. It seems that you will get between 10-15% of your calories from fructose in this case, what do you guys think?

Look at this study: http://www.johnberardi.com/images/energy_balance_4.gif

The paleo diet was 38% carbs (30% proteins, 32% fat) yet insulin decrease (a lot) in only 10 days. I get really weary about this because I do eat my share of fruit carbs since I am active. Not sure if I am overdoing it ...

Yeah I watch the full version some weeks ago. In a side discussion, what do you think of a moderate carb paleo where all your carbs come from fruit. Say, 30% of daily calories from carbs. It seems that you will get between 10-15% of your calories from fructose in this case, what do you guys think?

Look at this study: http://www.johnberardi.com/images/energy_balance_4.gif

The paleo diet was 38% carbs (30% proteins, 32% fat) yet insulin decrease (a lot) in only 10 days. I get really weary about this because I do eat my share of fruit carbs since I am active. Not sure if I am overdoing it ...

well in the video I think he mentioned you have to eat a huge quantity of fruit to be able to affect your body in a negative way. how much fruit do you eat per day now? I don't really know how much is too much? LOL

Around 20-30% of my daily calories is what I eat from fruits. That's one of my main reasons I want to switch to eating more tubers instead of fruits for carbs. Most tubers are really low in sugar. They are not exactly paleo and cannot be eaten raw, so I am staying away from then for now. I have to see how they affect my acne sometime in the future.

Maybe that's why Anti-Candida is really the way to go and the Paleo diet should just be used in accommodating ease of transitioning by simply cutting out fructose by removing fruits as the last elimination.

Edited by HЯxRxᴎ

Maybe that's why Anti-Candida is really the way to go and the Paleo diet should just be used in accommodating ease of transitioning by simply cutting out fructose by removing fruits as the last elimination.

I tried anti-candida for 1.5 months. As far as acne, I did not notice any big differences from paleo but it might have just needed more time (my acne on paleo keeps improving though). I quit because it was extremely horrible for sports.

I tried anti-candida for 1.5 months. As far as acne, I did not notice any big differences from paleo but it might have just needed more time (my acne on paleo keeps improving though). I quit because it was extremely horrible for sports.

Candida requires one month of healing for every year of overgrowth which for most people is their entire life. As well, retracing is a big factor to consider in terms of energy depletion, so if you really wanted to commit to an anti-candida diet 100% then yes, perhaps you would have to consider compromising sports to best conserve energy for healing for a considerable amount of time.

watched a lot of videos, Currently watching the thing about raw milk. Very interesting. Does anyone drink raw milk here?

EDIT: thought might be nice to put a link in here:

Edited by joris