Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chesty

any thing to put on scars while on smoothbeam?

Hello, first post here, i am having smoothbeam done ( face, chest ) My face is really close to being clear but my chest is a mess sad.gif i look like a burn victim sad.gif the scars are all red ones and they are like open wounds almost. I caused them by picking and popping them, I would kill to do it over again.

i am asking what can i put on my reddish wound like scars on my chest?

i use bandaids since they bleed alot

but those on smoothbeam what do u put on your problem areas ?

If the scars on your chest are like open wounds, I don't think you should be undergoing smoothbeam on them yet...

I also have extremely bad scarring on my chest - I too look like a burns victim - in fact this has been one of my cover ups! <_< I have found the following products to be helpful in reducing redness and encouraging healing. I think all of them would be beneficial to use whilst having smoothbeam, particularly the amino plex spray:

Amino-Plex spray - an incredibly powerful spray made up of amino acids, trace minerals, electrolytes and nucleotides. It has been shown to: increase oxygen in cells, stimulate ATP synthesis, improve glucose transportation, stimulate collagen formation and promote angiogenesis (formation of new blood and lymph vessels) You can purchase it by PM-ing the acne.org member Richardskin - he sells it through his company, Loganwoodskincare.

It's expensive - about 35 dollars - but worth it in my opinion.

Manuka oil and honey gel - contains manuka oil, which is an extremely powerful antiseptic - 33 times stronger than tea tree oil, and the gel is very skin-soothing, with the honey helping to heal wounds with reduced scarring. You can get it from www.livingnature.com

Emu oil - oil extracted from glands on the skin of the emu bird. It contains a potent amount of essential fatty acids and vitamin E, and has been shown to encourage wound healing. It also helps other ingredients penetrate deeper into the skin, eg: when used in conjunction with the above two products. I get mine from www.ebay.com but you can also get it from www.skinbiology.com

Hope this is helpful. Don't expect miracles, but I think these products combined with smoothbeam would help reduce recovery time and improve results. smile.gif

Amino-Plex spray - an incredibly powerful spray made up of amino acids, trace minerals, electrolytes and nucleotides. It has been shown to: increase oxygen in cells, stimulate ATP synthesis, improve glucose transportation, stimulate collagen formation and promote angiogenesis

Geez, people are so suspicious of products here!

Okay, these are not actually my 'claims', I have taken it word for word from the leaflet that I received along with my Amino plex spray. The evidence behind the amino plex spray comes from it being part of the 'Oxy mist' skin treatment used by bio2 clinics arounhd the word for over 5 years with proven clinical data.

All I know is that I have found it to be an excellent product, as have many other experienced and reliable posters on this board.