Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Palin/Jindal2012

Question about Bactrim DS and Benzoyl Peroxide?

My derm has had me on Bacrtim DS twice a day for 4 months now. I have only slight improvement sadly. I was also on Tazorac and aczone but those didnt seem to help.

Here's the question:

Since Bactrim works as a antibacterial agent and so does benzoyl peroxide, cant i just use both twice a day due to the effectiveness it could potentially have?

Any one try this before with success?

Thanks

Edited by Palin/Jindal2012

I don't see why not. Are you also on Accutane? I think most people recommend not to use BP while you're on Accutane because your skin is going to get dry and BP is quite irritating. If not, then try following the regimen. It uses the lowest concentration of BP.

I don't see why not. Are you also on Accutane? I think most people recommend not to use BP while you're on Accutane because your skin is going to get dry and BP is quite irritating. If not, then try following the regimen. It uses the lowest concentration of BP.

No im not on accutane btw. thanks for the help :D

My derm has had me on Bacrtim DS twice a day for 4 months now. I have only slight improvement sadly. I was also on Tazorac and aczone but those didnt seem to help.

Here's the question:

Since Bactrim works as a antibacterial agent and so does benzoyl peroxide, cant i just use both twice a day due to the effectiveness it could potentially have?

Any one try this before with success?

Thanks

Hi, I'm 26 and have never had an acne problem until recently due to hormonal imbalance. I broke out into an acne rash all red, cystic and something worse than you'd see on a proactive ad.

My doctor prescribed me Bactrim DS along with Epiduo Gel(25mg/g benzoyl peroxide) and Diane 35. In two days, the redness went down, no more cystic pimples.. I'm just waiting for my skin to heal. It has gone really dry though and no moisturising seems to help. It's gotten rid of the acne which is the pain part though. Apart from drying and killing a layer of skin... it definitely did the job for me. :)