Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
starzie

I will stop picking at my face

picking is a nightmare. something inside me says, pick it! you will look and feel better after.

but logically like now i can say this isnt the case. you always look worse and it always dont end up how you want it to.

i think ive popped about 6 spots ever that have just popped nicely and not left any redness!

they are the most satifisying when you feel the crap fly out at a rapid rate and it feels like such a relief !

i think this is what drives most of us to pop them or attempt to, that good satisfaction that you got rid of something you dont want on your face, not because it will make it look better.

recently i have just picked a spot that was under the skin, i could see it shining, so i pushed at it last friday and yes i got the crap out. however i was left with broken skin and compared to how the spot looked id rather have left it. but i didnt and then had to live with the consequence, went out sat night and just about managed to conseal it.

i met up with this girl i like and someone took our photo, so not only did i look drunk i looked pretty bad lol! wheey how to impress a girl...

and now with in about 1cm radiuos from that spot i got another one, and i did the same thing! squeezed it!, today at lunch i went home rushed to the bathroom and applied a warm compress. squeezed it because in my mind "the damage had already been done" and thankfully it gave in and i got some sebum out. Now in my mind i hope it will heal quickly and i can go on as normal.

anyway. i always seem to say, just one more, i wont pick it again, or anything else, then some reason i turn to picking frenzy.

its the ones under the skin that you can feel that drives me to picking madness

man i feel exactly like you! it's never just one pimple. and when i do start picking i think the exact same thing..'the damage is already done so what does it matter?'

about a week ago i got this realllly painful pimple under my skin and i left it for a couple of days but then finally i couldnt take it anymore and i squeezed the crap out of it..it bled and then i had a scab for like a weeek. it was terrible. i usually never get pimples under my skin : / but lasst night i totally lost it again. i destroyed my face ughh. i was doing so good at the whole not picking thing. i mean i still picked at one or two pimples here and there but it seemed like i had gotten rid of my bad habit..i'm just so glad its spring break for me right now cause i realllly don't wanna see anybody right now. i dont even wanna go downstairs where my mom is. its so frustrating my skin was looking so nice and then i had to go an ruin it.

do you know how long it usually takes for pimples that are popped to go away? : /

Haha That's what happens when you have too much time on your hands. Instead of covering up the mirror, how about having really dim lights so you can't see what's going on on your face? That works for me.

ahhh that's so true! i think the reason i was doing so good at the whole not picking at my face was because i was so busy and at night i just wanted to go to bed not sit in front of the mirror and pick at my pimples. but now come spring break and i destroyed my face again. the dim lights might solve the problem! i should try that : )

I didn't read all of the responses to this post, so I don't know if this has already been suggested, but what helped me stop were NO PICKING post-it notes in the middle of all my mirrors.

Good luck!

another good idea! i don't want to put 'no picking' post-it notes though cause i dont want people to be like..uh what is that all about? but i am going to think of another thing to write. maybe like stay beautiful or something. from a taylor swift song lol. but stay beautiful as in..don't pick! good idea i'm going to try it! : ) thank you!

Haha That's what happens when you have too much time on your hands. Instead of covering up the mirror, how about having really dim lights so you can't see what's going on on your face? That works for me.

ahhh that's so true! i think the reason i was doing so good at the whole not picking at my face was because i was so busy and at night i just wanted to go to bed not sit in front of the mirror and pick at my pimples. but now come spring break and i destroyed my face again. the dim lights might solve the problem! i should try that : )

Yah the only time I really didn't touch my face was when I was on a one month backpacking trip through Asia and I stayed in hostels and lousy motels. The bathroom lighting was very dim so I couldn't see my face. I just washed up and got up or washed up and slept. When I got home, I was pleased to discover that not bothering too much about my skin helped it improve.

Even now, I still touch my face because the toilet lights at my office are very bright. If any part of my face looked red or splotchy, I would press the skin to check if there's anything underneath. Well, regardless of whether there's anything, I still shouldn't be transferring germs onto my face. But I do it cos my toilet lights magnify every flaw, damnit!

I realised that the worst kind of lighting is that kind that lights up behind the mirror. Have you seen those in shopping malls? Wow those make me look like an oil field.