Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
holdparanoia

Clearasil Ultra Deep Pore Pads

How did they work for you? And if they did...how long did it take until you started seeing results? I've been using them about 3 days and it seems like it's getting worse :(

I used those several years ago. Then after I became more informed about different ingredients in products, I stopped.

One of the main ingredients in the Clearasil Ultra Deep Pore Pads is Alcohol (specifically denatured alcohol). It is very drying and irritating for the skin, which is why your skin is getting worse.

The active ingredient is 2% Salicylic Acid, which is a decent acne medicine. I suggest you use a cleanser with 2% Salicylic Acid instead of using the pads.

Some cleansers with 2% Salicylic Acid are:

- Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

- Clearasil Stayclear Skin Perfecting Wash

- Clean & Clear Continuous Control Foaming Acne Wash

Or you could try an acne treatment lotion instead of the pads. Most of the treatment lotions do not have alcohol in them and they do have 2% salicylic acid. Just apply the lotion to the effected area, not the entire face (this could cause extra dryness and irritation)

Here are some acne treatment lotions with 2% salicylic acid:

- Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Lotion

- Neutrogena Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treament

If you decide to use a treatment lotion, you should not use a cleanser with 2% salicylic acid. Instead, use a gentle, non-medicated cleanser. My favorite is Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, but another good one is Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser Sensitive Skin.

I hope this helps.

~padresfan

Oh okay then :( do you think it would still be too drying to use on just my body?

It depends on your skin. Are you thinking of using the pads for acne on your back or where? In general, the skin on your body (versus your face) is tougher and less sensitive. I think the pads would still be drying if you used them on your body, but to a lesser extent than when used on your face. If you do decide to use them on your body (i.e. back or chest) definitely use a moisturizer afterward to help with possible dryness or itchiness. It's all up to you. I just don't recommend using the pads on your face.