Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jags2732

acne 4th month on accutane

Not my first time on Accutane but it was awhile ago so I dont exactly remember too much. At my last visit for 3 months the derm said that I should be pretty much clear from there till I finish my course of Accutane. Things were going well(not clear, but def. better) but now it seems that I am breaking out again and heading back to where I was when I started. I go next week for my 4 month checkup, and my question is, Did anyone else break out this late in the course and still end up clear by the end?

You know, I'm basically in the same situation you are. Except I finished my course Friday. It was my first, and 5 months long.

I am NOT clear. I'm very very very far from clear. But my PA keeps telling me that after 2 months of coming off Accutane, I will be completely clear. He told me that only 1/5 of the people he has on Accutane are completely clear by their last month. He won't increase my course, so all I can do is wait.

I hope he's right, and maybe we'll both be clear a month or so after our course ends.

Best wishes, and happy waiting. :)

Im in the same boat! I started my 4th month last week and my skin just basically is going down hill.

Im on 40mgs twice a day and around my chin im getting red bumps. Its really annoying i hope it goes away soon! If yall know anything please help =[