Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brianzx10r

is this helping or making it worse?

i get sandpaper skin very often ever since i had a bad reaction to st ives apricot scrub 2 years ago. when ever i feel spins in the shower i keep rubbing at them and scratch at them till they fall off. now is the rubbing and scratching them off too irritating for my skin and causing them to come back?? do i literally just have to ignore them and wash my face as if its not ruff and spine covered??

my skin is about as sensitive as it gets.

i get sandpaper skin very often ever since i had a bad reaction to st ives apricot scrub 2 years ago. when ever i feel spins in the shower i keep rubbing at them and scratch at them till they fall off. now is the rubbing and scratching them off too irritating for my skin and causing them to come back?? do i literally just have to ignore them and wash my face as if its not ruff and spine covered??

my skin is about as sensitive as it gets.

I won't use St. Ives apricot scrub again. I found out that the tiny exfoliating w/e they are called actually create tiny scrapes and/or cuts on your face, which can lead to more acne. The face wash is too irritating. If I were you, I'd stick with a GENTLE cleanser like Cetaphil or Purpose and use a good oil-free, non-comedogenic moisturizer. Do NOT scrub your face, it will only make the situation worse and cause further irritation. Many people have found jojoba oil helpful with dry skin, just add a few drops in with your moisturizer.

P.S. What do you mean by "spins"???