Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dandantheman

Ejaculation causing hormonal acne

I'm not going to give up masturbating because a few random guys (for God knows why) want me to get rid of acne. But hey, if you don't care about masturbating, do it.

Yeah, why would anyone try to help someone get rid of acne on a website called ACNE.ORG

Why am I even replying to you, when you don't even make sense or care.

Regardless, it worked for me, it can work for someone else.

To those who read the thread and want to give it a try, do it!

I already gave you a way to reduce acne by balancing your hormones: diet.

guppy98, it is obvious that you are in denial - you refuse to admit that there is a correlation between acne and masturbation because admitting so would mean that you would have to stop any furhter sexual activity, which you arent willing to give up. Firstly, you say that acne does not help boost confidence, that statement just goes to show how ignorant and deluded you are. Next you say that reducing acne does not make one more attractive to the opposite sex, again what a false statement. Im assuming you are a male right? Without sounding too harsh to anyone on this board, how willing are you to date someone of tthe opposite sex with more acne that you do? Believe it or not, looks matter. Reducing acne improves look, thus sexual attraction, common sense right?

For those on this board who ask the cliche question, "95% of teens masturbate daily, if masturbating really does cause acne, why does only a small portion of that percentage have acne?", my answer to that question is simple - some people are more prone to acne than others. Just like some people find it easier to gain weight than others (analogy). We all have different skin, therefore to those on the board who do masturbate, and are wondering why they still have acne, well it looks like your problem is there.

Again guppy98, if diet alone is responsible for acne, and simply changing your diet will cure your acne, then I wonder why you are even on this board on the first place - you shouldnt have ANY acne right?

TO wrap up this disscussion about whether or not masturbation does indeed trigger acne breakouts, I'll leave you at this - not everyone is susceptible to acne the same way others are. SOme people can eat fried food every day without getting a single acne breakouts, others find that simply exposing themselve to an environment in which fried food is being mdae would trigger a severe acne breaout. The same goes for masturbation. If you find that you have fixed up your diet, and are cleansing your face twice a day, and yet your acne is still a persistent problem, then the way is clear - stop masturbating for a few weeks and observe for any changes.

Edited by johnw

umm....i think its truee

I think we are beating a dead horse with this subject. Its pretty clear that just like with anything else, it is true for some and not for others. So the statement itself, "Ejaculation causes hormonal acne" is a false statement, just as eating chocolate causes acne.

I'm not going to give up masturbating because a few random guys (for God knows why) want me to get rid of acne. But hey, if you don't care about masturbating, do it.

Yeah, why would anyone try to help someone get rid of acne on a website called ACNE.ORG

Why am I even replying to you, when you don't even make sense or care.

Regardless, it worked for me, it can work for someone else.

To those who read the thread and want to give it a try, do it!

I already gave you a way to reduce acne by balancing your hormones: diet.

guppy98, it is obvious that you are in denial - you refuse to admit that there is a correlation between acne and masturbation because admitting so would mean that you would have to stop any furhter sexual activity, which you arent willing to give up. Firstly, you say that acne does not help boost confidence, that statement just goes to show how ignorant and deluded you are. Next you say that reducing acne does not make one more attractive to the opposite sex, again what a false statement. Im assuming you are a male right? Without sounding too harsh to anyone on this board, how willing are you to date someone of tthe opposite sex with more acne that you do? Believe it or not, looks matter. Reducing acne improves look, thus sexual attraction, common sense right?

For those on this board who ask the cliche question, "95% of teens masturbate daily, if masturbating really does cause acne, why does only a small portion of that percentage have acne?", my answer to that question is simple - some people are more prone to acne than others. Just like some people find it easier to gain weight than others (analogy). We all have different skin, therefore to those on the board who do masturbate, and are wondering why they still have acne, well it looks like your problem is there.

Again guppy98, if diet alone is responsible for acne, and simply changing your diet will cure your acne, then I wonder why you are even on this board on the first place - you shouldnt have ANY acne right?

TO wrap up this disscussion about whether or not masturbation does indeed trigger acne breakouts, I'll leave you at this - not everyone is susceptible to acne the same way others are. SOme people can eat fried food every day without getting a single acne breakouts, others find that simply exposing themselve to an environment in which fried food is being mdae would trigger a severe acne breaout. The same goes for masturbation. If you find that you have fixed up your diet, and are cleansing your face twice a day, and yet your acne is still a persistent problem, then the way is clear - stop masturbating for a few weeks and observe for any changes.

1st it's guppy88 :confused:

2nd I never said masturbation and acne never had a correlation

3rd I never said acne DOESN’T make you less attractive. It does.

4th Yes, acne shouldn't be related to your self-esteem; Otherwise, you need help. That's advice from a professional. You should listen.

5th I'm willing to date someone with moderate acne. Too much would, of course, be a turn off Hell, I would go out with her if she asked me. I just wouldn't go all the way too intercourse. And I have had many women call me sexy/studly

6th Maybe 95% of teens masturbate, but 75% of statistics are made up on the spot.

7th Diet MAY reduce acne; especially, if it's a hormonal problem

8th I have light acne, and a few scars from my teen years. I also have a lot of injuries when I was a professional athlete. I'm on a mass gaining diet right now for getting bigger, but once I get on the paleo diet I will cut out all the grains which will reduce any allergies and inflammation. Many people don't realize grains can cause a lot of allergic reactions; one being acne.

9th It's not the fried part that causes acne.

10th Your post doesn’t make much sense. You ripped on me the whole time, and then you had a similar conclusion to mine.

:confused:

fish oi causes acne for a lot of people.

that's opposite from what i've heard

Edited by guppy88

WOW, did any of you read the page on acne myths: Direct quote!

"Myth:

Masturbation or sex causes acne

Reality:

This antiquated notion, originating as early as the 17th century to dissuade young people from having premarital sex, is not based on scientific evidence. A more plausible explanation may be that higher levels of androgens (male sex hormones) can cause increased sex drive. We also know that high levels of androgens can be related to more severe cases of acne. So it may be the higher androgen levels and not the associated increase in desire for sexual activity that is related to acne"

There is your answer.

i have NEVER heard of this kinda problem.....

however, sex makes sweat, probably a lot on your back and face. wash right after sex. :) good luck

That's the issue, plain and simple. You may not believe it because it doesn't happen to you, or you might assume that I am religious and talkin smack about your favorite heathen activity behind closed doors, but that is not the case. I have noticed without fail that if I ejaculate, I can EXPECT acne, mostly and most severely on my back within 1-5 days, the more I do it the more it will appear on my face. Usually it is constrained to my back. If I Have sex more than once per week, the acne is larger and more painful, more inflamed. I'd like to be able to have sex with my girlfriend more often, without having to deal with this **** anymore.

Anything I should try?? I've been taking 1x30mg zinc per day, 3 fish oil pills per day, 1 vitamin B100 complex. They help very minimally. I heard accupuncture can help regulate the hormones, but that is rather expensive. I will not consider accutane an option, the side effects are too severe and acne returns in most people that use it.

Ugh any ideas??? Any doctors or dermatologists out there on these forums that have any clue as to what can be done about this?? Help! This sucks....

========NOTICE========

I'm not asking whether this true. I know this has been debated on this forum, but I'm here simply telling you that I have observed with my own eyes and to my own frustration that this happens, and quite obviously it happens for some other guys too. If it does not happen to you, please don't post here telling me it's untrue. It is true. For me it's true and many others it's true. If you don't know the answer, Don't post. Plain and simple. I am not religious, I am not anti-sex, I am not anti-masturbation. I love science, and I want to know the solution to this annoying problem that not all guys experience. Is there a solution to this problem other than limiting the frequency of sexual activity?

"No it does not cause hormonal acne" is not an acceptable reply at this point. Please refrain from posting that viewpoint, which in my plain observance is very clearly not the case.

======================

I had one this morning lol. Normally I would drink pomegranate blueberry acai juice and tons of water to lower the severity of acne. Fasting on juices can permanently fix this problem, maybe. Pomegranate blueberry acai juice is the healthiest juice on the market and has the highest antioxidant value in the world next to its top competitor Maqui fruit. The extreme most powerful superfruit above all fruits. These fruits will help neutralize these symptoms. Also avoid sugars, dairy, and of course masturbation as they could imbalance your hormones. Damn I should be a nutritionist.

WOW, did any of you read the page on acne myths: Direct quote!

"Myth:

Masturbation or sex causes acne

Reality:

This antiquated notion, originating as early as the 17th century to dissuade young people from having premarital sex, is not based on scientific evidence. A more plausible explanation may be that higher levels of androgens (male sex hormones) can cause increased sex drive. We also know that high levels of androgens can be related to more severe cases of acne. So it may be the higher androgen levels and not the associated increase in desire for sexual activity that is related to acne"

There is your answer.

HA! And did YOU read the parts in this thread where people mention how, like anything else, it's different for a lot of people?

Did the big words in the quote hook you into believing it? "Antiquated" ooooh nice one. 17th century, oooh some history there, now all of a sudden it's a history lesson, it's got some credibility. Because, nooo, it couldn't POSSIBLY be defensive against anti-sexual 'dissuasion'. That quote is dripping with defensiveness. How QUICKLY someone, especially the founder of this forum, could dismiss such a theory I find incomprehensible. He started this site to help people, and with his stupid quotes page establishes a nice framework for idiots like you to help perpetuate the real myths. That is, that "sex" couldn't possibly have anything to do with this. Now, if he's tunnel-visioned directly to masturbation, and how this is a 'sinful' act or whatever, YES I can see how that would be a myth. But religious bullshit aside, the actual biological underpinnings of whatever is causing this to be TRUE for some of us are actually worth investigating, and are NOT myths.

THIS IS NOT A MYTH to some of us. For some of us this so real, it hurts. It hurts our relationships. We have to try to convince people who are special to us that this is real, and that we are not bullshitting them, and that we wish we didn't even have to be having this conversation with them.

I'm not here to be anti-sexual. Probably none of us are. We are wishing we COULD be MORE sexual. Unless we want to put up with the acne that goes with it, we CAN'T. I wish I could make that clearer to some of you, but apparently it's simply not possible. Because you don't care to read what we're saying....

A lot of girls don't understand that if a man doesn't have sex or masturbate, then that man will have a wet dream and ruin his awesome spider-man bed sheets, GEEZ! Kidding about the bedsheets (not really, spiderman is the shit) but in all seriousness I don't see that ejaculation can cause acne, but maybe doing it TOO often might, because nobody can abstain from ejaculating every now and then, especially us younger guys who produce a large number of sperm each day. :D Good night mates.

Edited by Trae Michael

Hi guys, I am abstaning from having sex and masturbation. I haven´t seen any results so far. But, I will let you know after the next weeks what I experienced.

I've read this whole thread. Yes, I know it is a bit old. I thought I would add my knowledge.

A dear friend of mine has been abstinent for 2 (plus or minus some time) years. His skin is lovely now, as compared to 2 years ago. But, whenever his body has to rid itself of semen and ejaculates (wet dream) he does indeed break out within the following days.

For those of you thinking being abstinent is nearly impossible, there are men who practice it with much success. Don't lose hope if you are trying to refrain from masturbating to see if it helps your acne.

hahaha, my grandma gave me a big lecture about this.

i didn't believe her at first, but now i do.i lost my virginity at almost 15. and ive been suffering from acne since i was 15. its not so much that youre having sex or jacking off that causes acne. its how clean youre skin is when you do it. she said youre pores open every time you ejaculate, so if you have dirt or oil it can cause youre pores to clog and form new pimples. like most men, i enjoy having sex, and i probably do it to often. so i decided to test this about a year ago when i started believing my grandma(which i cont. to deny to her that i have sex) i had sex everyday for about a week. by the end of that week i broke out on my back and face. so again i had sex everyday for a week. broke out more. so i didn't do anything sexual for about 2 weeks after that so i could control my acne. so i started again, but this time i showered and washed my face and back. i had sex in the shower for a couple days out of that week. and i didn't really break out at all.

obv you cant be in the shower every time you want to do it, so i suggest you dont do it in hot places which will make you sweat profusely, and make sure you're body is washed:]

hope this helps someone.

I've read this whole thread. Yes, I know it is a bit old. I thought I would add my knowledge.

A dear friend of mine has been abstinent for 2 (plus or minus some time) years. His skin is lovely now, as compared to 2 years ago. But, whenever his body has to rid itself of semen and ejaculates (wet dream) he does indeed break out within the following days.

For those of you thinking being abstinent is nearly impossible, there are men who practice it with much success. Don't lose hope if you are trying to refrain from masturbating to see if it helps your acne.

That sounds like a tragic waste of life, i hope your not encouraging him

I encourage whatever decision he makes. He is waiting for marriage, and I find that incredibly respectable. It's not a waste of life; sex isn't life. It's just a different way to live.

I could see the viewpoint of this.. Masturbation would cause a surge in male hormones, to make the male capable of sex (I imagine)..

I guess ejaculating is a sudden shut-off of all these hormones.. which could cause a confusion and a breakout..

I doubt this any scientific backup, but in my head this sounds right to me..

Joined specifically for this experiment. I have had pretty moderate to severe acne starting about 4-5 years ago. I have been on Acutane for a couple of weeks now and I am already experiencing muscle/joint pain. After reading all of the horror stories and even hearing one firsthand from a coworker, I decided the risk is not worth it to me, and I have decided to stop taking the acutane.

I have pretty sever acne on my back, some on my chest, arms and shoulders, and random blemishes on my face along with large pores and redness.

This all seems sort of strange and medieval to cut off "pleasuring" one's self- but I am going to give it a try because the arguments are very convincing. Question- is this something that is going to be a lifetime thing to the best of one's knowledge? What I mean by that is, I feel I am still going through puberty (I am 19 going on 20 next month) and I know my hormones are still continuing to rage. Will my acne subside as I start to head out of puberty- or do you feel that anyone who ejaculates and has had acne at one time in their lives will continue to have acne when the climax (obviously it is all very subjective, I would simply like to know all of the theories on this)? Thanks so much.

Day 1 starts today- I figure I'll update in a week or so (wish me luck, hahaha).