Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dandantheman

Ejaculation causing hormonal acne

If masturbating causes acne, mabe its because of hormones not being balanced so they unbalance more when u come, which breaks you out, but if you didnt masturbate then your body could heal the hormones and that might balance them eventually. Its stupid that some people think that masturbating carnt unbalance hormones, because if u think about it you are putting stress on your body which isnt as bad as normal stress but can do a bit of damage. Im not saying everyone will break out if they masturbate just that its possible to cause a break out depending on the person who is doing it.

Edited by Az112

yeah its actually only been 5 days TODAY so we'll see. I'm definitely someone who knows how long it takes to show results. Dont listen to people saying it doesnt work...like you said everyone is different so if its helping you then thats all that matters.

as for me...im going a month to see. This will be the longest ive gone in about.......yearssss lol!

I did just remember though, when i was in florida with my friends a couple years ago (when my back acne was at its worst) i didnt masturbate one bit that whole week. I went home and thought my acne was clearing because I had been at the beach. Then last year I DID masturbate at the beach and had acne bad still when i came back.

I think it could be the cause of my back acne so I'm giving it a shot.

Also i read a lot of people drink about 1 lemon in 8 glasses of water each day so im trying that as well. I swear to god this acne will be gone before summer

Yes, I can't tell you how many times I've suspected a totally different correlation - being at the beach, being in the salt water, being in the sun, the sand, whatever.. Drinking this much water, that much water, withholding milk, eggs, taking more this vitamin, that vitamin.. But then I'd notice other occasions when those things DON'T help AT ALL, which was always a bummer.

As far as abstinence helping, I don't really care if people don't believe it. If it's a problem for a person, then that person can relate. If not, then that person can't relate and will probably disbelieve, which is utterly useless to me and they can go away. It's not debatable at this point for me, case closed. I'm here to figure out solutions to the problem, not to verify the existence of the problem. (And hear from others who have already verified the problem in their own bodies, and act as a beacon of "hey this is possible" for people who might be suspecting this problem in their bodies.)

I wish that I didn't have to rely on abstinence at all. If I could come every day I would, seriously. I do believe there is a benefit to not overdoing ejaculation, but come on... only once per week?! That really kills the weekend..

If masturbating causes acne, mabe its because of hormones not being balanced so they unbalance more when u come, which breaks you out, but if you didnt masturbate then your body could heal the hormones and that might balance them eventually. Its stupid that some people think that masturbating carnt unbalance hormones, because if u think about it you are putting stress on your body which isnt as bad as normal stress but can do a bit of damage. Im not saying everyone will break out if they masturbate just that its possible to cause a break out depending on the person who is doing it.

It makes sense. Some have mentioned the Coenzyme-A thing, where the body has limited resources to synthesize sex hormones AND break down fats that end up disturbing the skin. In that case, it would be a matter of sex hormones taking priority in the consumption of limited resources. In some males, coenzyme-A resources must not be limited. Who knows.. I don't know much about this hypothesis.

Edited by dandantheman

Day 6 no ejaculation- No noticeable results yet...I'm going to indiana this weekend so ill update when i get back home. That will be a week and a half

I know acne doesnt take a couple days to go away so if anyone is experimenting with this, give it a *moderator edit* fair chance.

Quality over quantity ;)

yeah its actually only been 5 days TODAY so we'll see. I'm definitely someone who knows how long it takes to show results. Dont listen to people saying it doesnt work...like you said everyone is different so if its helping you then thats all that matters.

as for me...im going a month to see. This will be the longest ive gone in about.......yearssss lol!

I did just remember though, when i was in florida with my friends a couple years ago (when my back acne was at its worst) i didnt masturbate one bit that whole week. I went home and thought my acne was clearing because I had been at the beach. Then last year I DID masturbate at the beach and had acne bad still when i came back.

I think it could be the cause of my back acne so I'm giving it a shot.

Also i read a lot of people drink about 1 lemon in 8 glasses of water each day so im trying that as well. I swear to god this acne will be gone before summer

Yes, I can't tell you how many times I've suspected a totally different correlation - being at the beach, being in the salt water, being in the sun, the sand, whatever.. Drinking this much water, that much water, withholding milk, eggs, taking more this vitamin, that vitamin.. But then I'd notice other occasions when those things DON'T help AT ALL, which was always a bummer.

As far as abstinence helping, I don't really care if people don't believe it. If it's a problem for a person, then that person can relate. If not, then that person can't relate and will probably disbelieve, which is utterly useless to me and they can go away. It's not debatable at this point for me, case closed. I'm here to figure out solutions to the problem, not to verify the existence of the problem. (And hear from others who have already verified the problem in their own bodies, and act as a beacon of "hey this is possible" for people who might be suspecting this problem in their bodies.)

I wish that I didn't have to rely on abstinence at all. If I could come every day I would, seriously. I do believe there is a benefit to not overdoing ejaculation, but come on... only once per week?! That really kills the weekend..

It makes sense. Some have mentioned the Coenzyme-A thing, where the body has limited resources to synthesize sex hormones AND break down fats that end up disturbing the skin. In that case, it would be a matter of sex hormones taking priority in the consumption of limited resources. In some males, coenzyme-A resources must not be limited. Who knows.. I don't know much about this hypothesis.

by the way how many days have you gone and whats the acne progress for you?

thanks bro

screw scientific evidence, coming up on a month and im 70% clear. Any male who has back acne they think is hormonal because there is no other explanation should just man up and try it. To sit back and wait for scientific evidence is just laziness and mental weakness. That is if your body acne situation is severe enough that you would do ANYTHING for it to go away, like myself (24 years old, 6 years scared to take my shirt off in public).

could i get your progress to man?

my derm said that the oil that causes acne forms so deep in the skin that it takes 2 months for a pimple to form. i mean.... i believe her. she went to school for mad long to do what she does.

You're one of the few idiots i still see on here.

Derms dont know everything. They want a paycheck and your consistency at their clinic.

My aunt is a dermatologist so I have every right to say that

In the spirit of being constructive...

All reading online and personal experiences has led me to believe that DHT is the problem. Search "excessive masturbation dht", or "dht acne." It is mainly linked to male pattern balness, but acne is an added bonus. I now reduced frequency to once a week, which sucks, but I am seeing results and my back is 80% better than a month ago.

If you believe this may be the root cause for you too, the only other two things I know are also beneficial would be taking certain supplements (saw palmetto, zinc) and cardio, aerobic exercise. The supplements may be more of a placebo effect, I'm not really sure. But the exercise is important and definitely noticeable. The best is running, swimming, anything that is intense and you sweat a lot. NOT lifting weights, I find this has the opposite effect and increases testosterone and ultimately DHT.

This is just my experience and all I have learned over the last 6 years after ultimately breaking down everything I do, eat, breathe, think to find the root of the problem. If anyone has a similar experience and has additional tips I'm listening.

by the way how many days have you gone and whats the acne progress for you?

thanks bro

I've been experimenting with this for over a year. The longest I've gone I think was 2 months. I wasn't dating anyone at the time so it was easier to do this on my own schedule, and after a few days I sort of forgot about the urge to masturbate. I was more interested in discovering a 'cure' from my acne, and tried to control my 'need' for pleasure. Acne disappeared. Noticeable acne was no longer a concern. Ejaculation is the ONLY thing that I have been able to determine that actually causes acne. I've been dirty, sweaty, I've showered daily, twice-daily, bi-weekly, once weekly, followed the 'regimen', stopped using all chemicals/cleansers, while ejaculating, not ejaculating. Ejaculation is the ONLY significant cause of my inflamed acne. Washing more than once per day with water & using any chemicals only seemed to exacerbate the problem at worst, and make zero improvement at best.

Blackheads can be caused by excess oil, but that's very superficial. This inflamed bullshit comes from within, due to ejaculation... and possibly other factors for OTHER people. For me however, the only thing I can pinpoint is ejaculation after over a year of experimentation at various intervals of time.

Went to a dermatologist today, explained the problem. She admitted that she's never heard of this before AND that there isn't much research in this area. (And probably won't be for a while).

She said we should treat it as if it were normal acne and prescribed minocycline, retin-A, etc.

The minocycline causes sunlight sensitivity and mild dizziness, which as a surfer is not too desirable, and the topicals I'm going to go ahead and categorically ignore since they only treat the symptom and not the source.

I'm tempted to go to a witchdoctor or some crazy shit like that.

Alright so I'm prepared to give this theory a shot. For those of you who have tried not ejaculating for a while, what sort of advice would you give someone who wants to try this? Personally if I hold out for longer than a week or so I get very angry/depressed, so if anyone has some advice for holding out that would be neat. Cheers.

Try to just reduce at first. Instead of every day, do every two days, etc. Don't think about it so much. Try to occupy your time with other stuff, stay busy and be around people and just try to completely forget about it.

Eventually, do it once per week, and try to do 2 weeks just to see what happens for you.

Since you're just starting, two weeks is better than one week to tell if this works for you, but for me I basically stop seeing any major new spots after a few days, the current ones stop getting any worse after the first day or two, I might get some minor redness on day 4 or 5 that looks like it could become acne, but this usually fades away by day 5-7. By the end of the first week, old stuff flakes off and my skin is perfect or very close to it. A few more days and it's all good. If there were nodules or cysts, these might take a full week or slightly more to fully heal.

However, this is after I've already reduced ejaculation significantly. For you, it might take a longer period of time to get past the final occurrences of acne that like to creep up and remind me of that extra day you decided to ejaculate.

Edited by dandantheman

Alright so I'm prepared to give this theory a shot. For those of you who have tried not ejaculating for a while, what sort of advice would you give someone who wants to try this? Personally if I hold out for longer than a week or so I get very angry/depressed, so if anyone has some advice for holding out that would be neat. Cheers.

I am a 22 guy and I using retin-a and ceasing ejaculation completely, I completely stopped a 4 year severe acne formation withing hours. Clearance within few weeks to months.

*If I ejaculate one time - massive acne attack that would take a month to clear-up.

*If I don't put retin-a cream for 2-3 nights - massive acne attack.

You should seriously pay attention to these factors especially ejaculation.

I suggest you to enjoy orgasm/ejaculating free experiences such as romantic kissing by the sea shore, playing violin for your love one :boohoo: singing, laughing, dancing, hugging, touching, massaging, finding a cure for AIDS and other thrills. :surprised:

You need the orgasm only to bring children anyways... :surprised:

Edited by Dotti

I think this is interesting I found this... I sometimes masturbate up to 2-3 times a day (when single :( ) It'll be a hard habit to kick, but I'm gonna go do it one more time and see if this works... then i'll be totally ready for swimsuit season by then hopefully :D

ok i have experimented with this for 3 weeks. It is clearly whats causing my breakouts. Im going to jack off once per month from now on. And ill have clear skin. im an idiot for not keeping up with it. after 2 weeks of not ejaculating my skin started to clear...thought it was bc of the vitamins i was taking. It turns out i have about 6 new zits on my back and chest after jacking off the past few days. Im done. Feel free to try it yourself. it'll clear your skin up

ok i have experimented with this for 3 weeks. It is clearly whats causing my breakouts. Im going to jack off once per month from now on. And ill have clear skin. im an idiot for not keeping up with it. after 2 weeks of not ejaculating my skin started to clear...thought it was bc of the vitamins i was taking. It turns out i have about 6 new zits on my back and chest after jacking off the past few days. Im done. Feel free to try it yourself. it'll clear your skin up

Keep experimenting with it, over time you'll figure out a manageable frequency. Keep your eye out for other factors. A weakened immune system can distract your body from taking care of the skin. For me, the effects are far more severe when my immune system is bogged down..

Edited by dandantheman

On a side note, not to preach, but honestly when I used to take it to excess more than once per week, relying on it as a so-called "stress reliever", the truth of the matter is that I was usually ignoring a lot of other things in my life at that time. I was basically indulging, or perhaps wallowing, in my own laziness and ignoring something important, such as exercising, or finishing a side project. I'm not trying to say that it's unacceptable to have periods of laziness/lethargy or that we have to always be non-stop working on important things and keeping ourselves busy, but I just have noticed a general feeling of disappointment when I did give in to the urge too frequently. It made me feel out of control of myself. At those times, I'm usually not exercising at all, or I'm procrastinating on something really important, or I'm just downright distracted, or all those things at once. The lack of exercise is definitely a big factor. It becomes a vicious cycle of "well, I feel lethargic, maybe I'm stressed, I think I'll masturbate... next day - well I feel the same way, still stressed, better do it again.." and it doesn't really get to the root of the problem of why I feel lethargic or unfocused.

I'm not a religious guy whatsoever, I would hardly call myself spiritual, although I do kind of equate spirituality with our senses and just the ability to "take things in" and the importance on connecting with nature in some way (which is why I surf whenever possible). But, knowing myself, I know I can let my ambitions sometimes falter and my goals get distracted, and sometimes I resort to sexual activity as a means toward "not giving a shit about anything". Or "relieving stress". Which in a way I think is bullshit. I can't speak for other people out there, but I have very little to be stressed about, and part of me thinks the problem with myself and perhaps most people out there is that we just don't have to do anything hard in our lives. We don't have that stress to keep us focused on what we NEED to do, because we have a lot of relatively meaningless shit to do all the time. We don't feel like we need to discipline ourselves, or we don't have environments that discipline us. And when we think we should adhere to something deeper or stronger in ourselves, we have other people in our lives enforcing us back into being lazy or being over-indulgent or careless.

Anyway, I'm just saying this because although it is mainly a physical problem with physical causes and effects, the mental factor seems to be the hard part for people. They either outright disbelieve it (even though it may very well affect them) OR they believe it's probably true but value their sexual activity more highly than their skin health. As soon as I realized I just need to adjust my attitudes toward sexual activity a bit, and hold off a bit, and DISCIPLINE myself into a lower frequency of activity, I empowered myself that much more, and yeah kinda surprised myself. I discovered the means to eliminating something that causes unneeded social anxiety. It's all about balance and standing up for the truth that you find in your life and not letting external factors sway you from staying true to yourself. He who cannot be true to himself cannot be true to others, so on that note I urge everyone reading this to be inquisitive, honest, respectful, and healthful.

I'm going to try this. I've had back-acne for 5-6 years and I have no idea what's causing it. There have been periods where I was almost completely clear, yet it always comes back. I can't really remember if my frequency of masturbation was reduced during those times...so I guess there's only one way to find out for sure. Wish me luck.

I think if sex or masturbation is the cause of ur acne then im VERY VERY SORRY MATE.I just dont thiink we can be programmed like that thouh. Its our natural instincts to want to reproduce and spread our seed but to be punished for that sounds horrible. Maybe its just a coincidence but if you find a link how the hell are you going to have a normal sex life?

BUT there are scientific studies (google: endocrine response masturbation) and you will find a study that shows sexual activity itself, and the act of ejaculating, do increase your levels (A LOT) of DHT Dihydrotestosterone , DHT is responsible for overstimulating sebaceous glands and oily skin. This is really a scientific fact.

if thats true then a DHT blocker aka saw palmetto would stop acne..

i agree with the OP a day (usually 2 days) after i jerk off i notice my skin goes from bad to worse. the longer i leave it from spanking the monkey the better my skin becomes.

this is for sure not a coincidence

in terms of science, spots are caused from a few things like hormones (which is what this topic is mainly about and the link between upsetting the balance etc)

well in terms of how a spot forms its all the same, excess oil, trapped dead skin cells. these 2 things cause a spot..

somehow us people who get spots have something not quite right in our genes to turn the cells over quick enough and thus a pimple is born..

thats my understanding of it.

the only way i can see that will stop this cycle is,

1) stop the pore from making oil

2) use a retinoid to help the cell communicate better with the pore.

you can take vitamins untill your blue in the face you will still get spots, you need to alter the state of the pore and the cycle

Edited by .JacktheLad.

WORD.

This is so true. If i jerk off too much i will get acne, and the more i do it the worse it gets.

The longest i ever went without doing it was 21 days and my skin was looking great by the end.

Not masturbating also has other benefits. I feel a lot more energetic and confident when i've gone 4 or 5 days without it and my drive to actually go out and talk to women and get the real thing increases 10x when i'm not sitting at home wackin it to porn.

It worked for me... Skin hasn't been this clear since late 8th grade!!! Woooooo! Hey, but wait... does this work for women? Like, do they get acne from masturbation?

And I have a question... What happens if you just jack off, but don't ejaculate? Does that count?