Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dandantheman

Ejaculation causing hormonal acne

I know this happens to me too :( zinc has definitely helped alot for me though. I take 50 mg of chelated zinc gluconate a day right before I go to bed. I heard that zinc is best absorbed when you sleep. so maybe you can up your dose? Now I can get away with doing it up to 2x (sometimes 3x) a week

Edited by red2528
I've read a study where ejaculation was found to trigger some kind of hormonal cycle in men ! 7 days after an ejaculation a peack of testoterone level is observed (over 145 %), this can explain the relationship between sexual activity and acne...

PS:

Link to the article:

where's the link?

I've read a study where ejaculation was found to trigger some kind of hormonal cycle in men ! 7 days after an ejaculation a peack of testoterone level is observed (over 145 %), this can explain the relationship between sexual activity and acne...

PS:

Link to the article:

Is there supposed to be a link there..?

EDIT: Ooops duplicate post..

Edited by dandantheman
The same thing happens to me. Absolutely, positively, with 100% certainty.

If I ejaculate more than once in (roughly) 7 days I break out. The longer I abstain, the better my skin is.

Anything I should try?? ... Ugh any ideas???

Fish oil or vitamins or chinese internet pills won't help, the only 'cure' is to space ejaculations about a week apart.

I actually prefer it this way - my girlfriend enjoys more than her share of oral sex, we still have sex a lot but I don't finish (so I'm always "ready" and really in to it) and when I do ejaculate it's > 7x better than if I had done so the day before.

It's like fasting for a week - the first hamburger you eat after breaking the fast is DELICIOUS!!!11 It's quality over quantity.

I'm definitely in agreement with you. I think this is the only solution..

When I was told, that masturbation/sex caused acne. The first thing that came into my mind was sweat. But after some experiments, with sports, or even interrupting sexual activity before ejaculation. It become very clear to me that it´s ejaculation. The study that is on google about the male response to sex, makes this clear too. It´s ejaculation that makes steroid levels go higher.

Now I can tell you that I told a friend I haven´t see for a while about this. He is on day 11 of sexual abstinence and he told me that he has never been so clear.

You just have to google to see a lot more of these cases reported. Thinking that masturbation doesn´t have an impact on acne, will be a "flat earth" believe in the future...

take care

When I was told, that masturbation/sex caused acne. The first thing that came into my mind was sweat. But after some experiments, with sports, or even interrupting sexual activity before ejaculation. It become very clear to me that it´s ejaculation. The study that is on google about the male response to sex, makes this clear too. It´s ejaculation that makes steroid levels go higher.

Now I can tell you that I told a friend I haven´t see for a while about this. He is on day 11 of sexual abstinence and he told me that he has never been so clear.

You just have to google to see a lot more of these cases reported. Thinking that masturbation doesn´t have an impact on acne, will be a "flat earth" believe in the future...

take care

could you share a link to this 'study' that you found on google?

2 months without masterbating - i cant manage even a day - i`d rather take roaccutane and destroy my internal composition with systamatic chemotherapy, than do this regimen

But i think the science behind this is that ours body have a limited supply of coenzyme A. Coenzyme A is used for two things:

1. making sex hormones

2. breaking down substances that would otherwise be deposited as sebum on the skin.

Because of limited amounds of coenzyme a the body prioritises sex hormone production and therefore just makes the substances into sebum and causes acne.

However if you are very sexually active then more sex

No.... I didn´t like your ´study´....

You can't just claim to have found studies then not actually show where you found it. I might as well say that I found a study that 100% refutes the claim that ejaculation is linked to acne; but without providing the source, it is deceptive and dishonest. Thank you for being helpful on a forum designed to help people. *moderator edit*

2 months without masterbating - i cant manage even a day - i`d rather take roaccutane and destroy my internal composition with systamatic chemotherapy, than do this regimen

But i think the science behind this is that ours body have a limited supply of coenzyme A. Coenzyme A is used for two things:

1. making sex hormones

2. breaking down substances that would otherwise be deposited as sebum on the skin.

Because of limited amounds of coenzyme a the body prioritises sex hormone production and therefore just makes the substances into sebum and causes acne.

However if you are very sexually active then more sex

that is what the b5 regimen is for and wht i am currenlty trying, but still breaking out as of now.

You can't just claim to have found studies then not actually show where you found it. I might as well say that I found a study that 100% refutes the claim that ejaculation is linked to acne; but without providing the source, it is deceptive and dishonest. Thank you for being helpful on a forum designed to help people. *moderator edit*

Yes, here the *moderator edit*, has a skin better than rihanna on photoshop, after following this regimen for 8 weeks....

I´m here to help, you are here to fight, and your "study" was just sarcastic. If you want more information read my past posts... Everyone asks me for this study every topic about this, and of course I´m not your servant, you have my word it works. But google if you want endocrine response masturbation *moderator edit*....

Yes, here the *moderator edit*, has a skin better than rihanna on photoshop, after following this regimen for 8 weeks....

I´m here to help, you are here to fight, and your "study" was just sarcastic. If you want more information read my past posts... Everyone asks me for this study every topic about this, and of course I´m not your servant, you have my word it works. But google if you want endocrine response masturbation *moderator edit*....

So in 8 weeks you have not had one breakout? Where were your breakouts?

I don't understand the purpose of expressing one's doubts about this "claim" in this thread. Me telling you that this is happening (and other people agreeing, from experience) is evidence enough, if it doesn't happen to you then you must have amazing genes, now go away.

To restate the topic at hand - IN SOME MALES, EJACULATION BEYOND A PARTICULAR FREQUENCY WILL INDUCE ACNE.

I'm making a fucking observation with my god damn eyes, this isn't a half-assed hypothesis like "could it be sweat causing my acne??" NO it isn't fucking sweat, if it was sweat I'd be getting crazy acne from exercise, which is not the case whatsoever, not even close.

Sweat, stress, etc. these really don't amount to much in this particular case. When it is so CLEARLY observed that there is a link (FOR SOME MALES, not all, and not just myself, as you can see) between ejaculation & the occurrence of acne, it begs the question "What the fuck is going on?"

I appreciate the random hypotheses, but let's try to keep this focused.

For those with doubts, here is another forum full of people experiencing this problem: http://www.steadyhealth.com/Masturbation_a...t__t119084.html

ok well since im desperate and will do anything to get rid of my horrifying acne im gonna try this but dont expect me to last more than a few days let alone 2 months fuck thats crazy but i will give it my best shot

BULLSHIT!

I am an avid reader. I enjoy books on body image. I just finished the chapter "Perfect Skin" in a book called The Body Project. That was an old old old old old myth. it's been proven wrong over a thousand times.

ejauclate all you want it aint gonna make or break ya face.

geeez...*moderator edit*

It's also been proven right a thousand times.

Give up uncle buck.... BTW you should see my skin lol... it looks sooooo good. It will probably take a thousand years for people start believing this "myth".. I don´t care, these guys obviously prefer going on accutane this was my last post on acneidiots.org . Keep that mentality NOTHING WORKS FOR ACNE, diet and sex don´t affect acne, the only way to cure it is using very expensive medicine...lol very sad.

For the brave:

One notices some improvement in the first week of abstinence, then from day 8-14 you might stop seeing improvement, this is where most people who had already a decent fight with their urges give up... And they do wrong...this should be looked at as a "natural accutane". Where you stop overstimulating your sebaceous glands. If accutane shows the first results on 6 weeks, and it´s a 5 month course... Now I don´t think you need to go 5 months wo sex... for me 2 months was enough....

Bye bye

I'm also trying this theory for my bacne.. I have not 'knocked one off' :D;):whistle: for 2 days now. It is going to be very hard, but I guess it will be worth it in the end..

day 5 for me...as of right now no noticable results but im sticking with it.

Can people give some updates? id like to see if its still helping you guys

this is harder than quitting smoking

Are there any dermatologists or doctors out there who have any knowledge of this problem?

Look, you guys seem to be missing something.

First off, my point isn't to prove anything here, please remember that. It's already been proven to me that this is a problem by my own observation (let me emphasize once again - FOR ME & obviously for others who have been noticing this correlation in their bodies as well.) Not everyone will experience this problem. This is NOT a universal problem.

Nor is this a myth. It might be a myth for YOUR body, but it is not a myth for my body, and for others as well.

Does pantothenic acid work for this?

Is it recommended to take a B complex? Or just straight B5?

Are there any alternatives to accutane? Drying up the glands seems to be a "throw the baby out with the bath water" solution, kinda want to avoid resorting to that.

First of all, I've had acne kick in days after my last ejaculation. Day 5 is a little too soon to tell, especially if this is your first time abstaining from daily ejaculation. Go two weeks to determine if it helps or not.

Second, it may very well be possible that this is not the cause of YOUR acne.

Like I said, this is not relevant to every male on the planet, but to those that are affected by this it really is a shitty realization to make. Acne sucks, not being able to have sex or masturbate freely sucks..

BULLSHIT!

I am an avid reader. I enjoy books on body image. I just finished the chapter "Perfect Skin" in a book called The Body Project. That was an old old old old old myth. it's been proven wrong over a thousand times.

ejauclate all you want it aint gonna make or break ya face.

geeez...*moderator edit*

Have you been reading the whole thread? Or just the title? You make me sick, you really do. Read my first post and realize that you do not belong here.

THANKS!

First of all, I've had acne kick in days after my last ejaculation. Day 5 is a little too soon to tell, especially if this is your first time abstaining from daily ejaculation. Go two weeks to determine if it helps or not.

Second, it may very well be possible that this is not the cause of YOUR acne.

Like I said, this is not relevant to every male on the planet, but to those that are affected by this it really is a shitty realization to make. Acne sucks, not being able to have sex or masturbate freely sucks..

yeah its actually only been 5 days TODAY so we'll see. I'm definitely someone who knows how long it takes to show results. Dont listen to people saying it doesnt work...like you said everyone is different so if its helping you then thats all that matters.

as for me...im going a month to see. This will be the longest ive gone in about.......yearssss lol!

I did just remember though, when i was in florida with my friends a couple years ago (when my back acne was at its worst) i didnt masturbate one bit that whole week. I went home and thought my acne was clearing because I had been at the beach. Then last year I DID masturbate at the beach and had acne bad still when i came back.

I think it could be the cause of my back acne so I'm giving it a shot.

Also i read a lot of people drink about 1 lemon in 8 glasses of water each day so im trying that as well. I swear to god this acne will be gone before summer