Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chultzy

paleo seems to be working so far

Hey everyone- I began my journey of paleolithic food This Tuesday, Feb 23rd. I am a 24 year old female and have had persistent acne for the last 4 years. I usually always have about 3 or 4 active pimples- most of them painful, red cysts. I am determined to get to the bottom of the cause and I have been reading up on the paleo diet quite a bit on these boards. I figure that I don't really have much to lose except for my acne, so why not try it?! It really hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be, however I think that I can see myself getting sick of salads fairly quickly. I just thought that I would start a thread and update my progress so that others and myself can see if this is going to work. I have been pretty strict with what I have been eating and I can say that my face already feels less oily and I have not had a new pimple since I started on Tues. which is a pretty big deal. I will try to update every few days...... So far so good :shifty:

I have been doing paleo for about the same time as you because it is an anti candida diet and my face is almost clear right now. The hard part is sticking to the diet!

its going to be hard to not get bored of meat and veggies, but I honestly believe this is the best diet for acne. Just dont forget to add good fats like coconut oil

Good to hear it seems to be working for you too! I have been trying to eat a variety of fruits and veggies and load up on nuts and lean, organic meats. Yeah- I have to get some coconut oil tomorrow because I have been reading a lot about it. Is it paleo to cook with both EVOO ? Or should I just use coconut oil?

there's a paleo thread on this board called "paleo diet" if you wanna join in with us. we started it about a week ago and have been sharing tips and what not. hope to see you there!

February is Paleo Month here at Acne.org! Good to see so many people trying this diet. Been on it for about a month or so now. Check out the thread marti783 mentioned, we're having a never-ending party in there.