Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, there's one observation I've made, although obvious. Those of us that have been blessed/cursed with Acne, most have attempted to clear our skin by changing from a regular and/or unhealthy routine to a very strict and healthy hygiene/diet/supplement/exercise routine. Acne or not, we're getting in pretty damn good shape otherwise. We wake up with a breakout and sometimes forget just how great we're doing in many other aspects of our health. :)

-Matt-

I was at one point a lazy drug-alcohol addicted person, no good to myself or anyone else. Having painful and psychologically damaging (like all) acne has driven me to a complete turnaround in these aspects, I'll put a star beside the things that have had the biggest effect for myself. I'm male, 24, and manage a strange type of acne, where I can have perfectly flawless skin for weeks, then horribly broken out cysts and papules emerge for weeks. Weeks can be days, or even months on either side. I'm thinking hormonal acne is most likely, as well as a major wheat/dairy allergy.

Supplements:

Saw Palmetto * (Reduced prostate from size of orange to normal)

Garlic

B-Complex

Omega 3-6-9 *

Cod Liver Oil

Cayenne Pepper

Probiotic Complex

DIRECT SUNLIGHT (At least 15 minutes a day, and over entire body if possible) ******

Sensitivities/Allergies that cause me to break out:

Wheat *

Dairy *

Corn

Red Meat

Saturated-Trans Fats

Refined Sugar *

Facial Hygiene : (After all these years I keep it simple now)

Dove Soap - Wash

Urine Therapy - Toner * (Works wonders)

Benzoyl Peroxide - Night Application *

Exercise : (Every day) *

Walking, running.

Wii Fit (haha, yes)

Light weight training

It appears that you have yourself a well thought out routine too, and you've reminded me of "Apple Cider Vinegar" and to have a weekly microdermabrasion, that really helps a lot too. :)

My wii fit age went from 30, to 20. What's your wii fit age ? ;)

It appears that you have yourself a well thought out routine too, and you've reminded me of "Apple Cider Vinegar" and to have a weekly microdermabrasion, that really helps a lot too. :)

My wii fit age went from 30, to 20. What's your wii fit age ? ;)

Well then, the wii-fit does'nt lie, although it scares me sometimes with a few things that is says. It's well designed, the system in general. The new Silent Hill is a wonder, and great to see a re-telling of the original. Another random idea to help with the overall health is the "Solfeggio Scale" of music. Look it up sometime and perhaps give it a chance, there's more to it than just sound I feel. It seems that colostrum may be a good idea as well, with probiotics. :)

Hahaha, I quoted myself there accidentally, meant to reply to the soccer playing lady...

Edited by Dr. Jones