Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pandoro

Megadose Vitamine B5, tested for one year.

Hello people,

Let me introduce myself. I'm a 27 year old man from France.

My acne started kind of late as I was 18 or so. Before this I had a perfect skin.

I even thought once that I'd never have acne.

In fact I had, and a lot.

Not a lot by having many pimples all over my face and stuff, but I sometimes had one or two nasty cysts of impressive size that could stay for 10 days or so.

When they were finally gone they would grow again some weeks later and it seemed like there was no solution.

It was mentally hard even to go to work with this. It was awful.

I convinced a doctor to give me accutane, and after 3 periods (of 8 months I guess) on this drug, everything came back worst. My acne was not gone PLUS I was so oily I had to dry my face in a tissue regularly to remove oil. It was the worst moment in my life. Gradually, I could master the level of oil by drinking some green clay along with water every morning.

It was surely one of the best cures I've ever tried.

I came back to my "cyst" situation, and I decided to change my diet.

No chocolate, no milk, no butter, no fat of any kind, well, paranoia.

For some months it didn't change anything, and suddenly my acne came to its apogee.

My face was covered! I couldn't even watch myself in the mirror.

So as a last resort I decided to give a chance to the B5 megadose treatment.

By myself I ordered some boxes of vitamins and started to test it.

In about 10 days I was completely clear.

You know what, CLEAR.

This was one year ago, and as I'm writing I am still taking these pills at every meal.

I'm now taking about 8 grams of this vitamin everyday.

So you'd say: hey man it works, so what's the problem.

Basically, I could go on forever. Even if the transaminases in my liver have reached a really high level (like when you take nearly every medication), I have no peculiar issues with the drug.

One (small) problem is that even eating like 4 persons I can't take a gram of weight and this B5 can make someone skinny really.

If this is the price to pay to stay clear along with the pills price, I gladly accept it to keep my sanity not to see my again covered in acne.

So I thought that I would gradually lower the dose, but I'm afraid acne could come back as fast as it disappeared.

What's your experience. Was B5 megadose a cure for you and then you were able to stop and stay clear? or are you a slave to it for life once you've begun?

Thank you for time and answers.

It's probably a good idea to gradually lower the dose. Try one tablet (500mg I assume) per week. Then if you start to get oily again, you know how many tablets you need to take.

I'm not quite clear from B5 yet, but I am getting there. Then I will begin to lower my dosage.

It's probably a good idea to gradually lower the dose. Try one tablet (500mg I assume) per week. Then if you start to get oily again, you know how many tablets you need to take.

I'm not quite clear from B5 yet, but I am getting there. Then I will begin to lower my dosage.

Thanks for your advice pal, I will follow your log

Gradually, I could master the level of oil by drinking some green clay along with water every morning.

It was surely one of the best cures I've ever tried.

How can you drink green clay? I don't get it.