Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
evasion

Salt Water and Liver Flush

I was looking into a colon cleanse for awhile and after reading that, I think I will just do a salt water cleanse. Thanks alot for the interesting article :]

You realize that all of these cleanses are just b.s. right? Your colon is designed to eliminate waste, and drinking saltwater so that you shit your guts up isn't going to somehow "clean" your body.

Also what is a "toxin"? The word is thrown around all over the place like it has meaning, but nobody can say what the heck one is. It's because it is nothing.

If you don't have regular bowel movements, it is likely a function of your day to day diet. Not eating any food for a week and drinking a substance that causes your body to purge fluids, essential vitamins and minerals, and electrolytes is not the proper route to a healthy body.

I know I'm wasting my time typing this because you won't believe me, but whatever maybe someone will see this and not do something this stupid.

All I know is I've done 3 liver flushes.

The second and third one I passed out hundreds of those green stones.

I guess I can say that my skin has improved a little bit and my body has improved detoxifying blood, but I think I might have to do at least 10 before I see permanent changes.

*Also, a good note

I did a parasite cleanse before my second flush (which is probably why I didn't pass any stones out the first time)

Edited by recoverme

You realize that all of these cleanses are just b.s. right? Your colon is designed to eliminate waste, and drinking saltwater so that you shit your guts up isn't going to somehow "clean" your body.

Also what is a "toxin"? The word is thrown around all over the place like it has meaning, but nobody can say what the heck one is. It's because it is nothing.

If you don't have regular bowel movements, it is likely a function of your day to day diet. Not eating any food for a week and drinking a substance that causes your body to purge fluids, essential vitamins and minerals, and electrolytes is not the proper route to a healthy body.

I know I'm wasting my time typing this because you won't believe me, but whatever maybe someone will see this and not do something this stupid.

Not if you have a really toxic body. Your body may need that extra help to speed up the process.

How can it hurt you? it can only help.

Not if you have a really toxic body. Your body may need that extra help to speed up the process.

How can it hurt you? it can only help.

Um, it can hurt you by dehydrating you, depleting your body of vital vitamins and minerals, and flushing the electrolytes from your body. Not to mention if you are subsisting on juice and salt water for a week you are not properly fueling your body. Also having to spend a bunch of time on the can shitting your guts up is going to kill your work productivity, that is, if you have a job.

But most likely it just isn't going to do anything. A healthy functioning liver isn't full of stones, especially at a young age. Those stones are much more likely a byproduct of whatever is in the cleanse itself.

Also, you used the word again. Toxic body. Someone scientifically tell me what a toxin is. Or a toxic body. Or tell me scientifically how drinking saltwater to induce diarrhea is going to "cleanse" your body.

I guess I can say that my skin has improved a little bit and my body has improved detoxifying blood, but I think I might have to do at least 10 before I see permanent changes.

*Also, a good note

I did a parasite cleanse before my second flush (which is probably why I didn't pass any stones out the first time)

How did you do your parasite cleanse?

And Pimpstick I don't know where you get the idea that I am "subsisting on juice and salt water for a week." However, I have fasted before and although you and modern medicine would like to make people believe that if you aren't eating an American diet you are simply malnourished, that is just not true. Can I ask you something though? What do you think causes acne?

*Also, a good note

How did you do your parasite cleanse?

And Pimpstick I don't know where you get the idea that I am "subsisting on juice and salt water for a week." However, I have fasted before and although you and modern medicine would like to make people believe that if you aren't eating an American diet you are simply malnourished, that is just not true. Can I ask you something though? What do you think causes acne?

Sorry, the juice one was in reference to the liver cleanse, which is on par in b.s. with the other one. I guess you're allowed to chow down on a half cup of olive oil too. Yummy.

Modern medicine has allowed people who don't give a damn whatsoever about their health to live longer than at any other time in history. People now are fat and unhealthy, yet live longer. It's numbers and facts that you can't make up.

I didn't say a word about a typical American diet. A huge percentage of Americans eat like crap and look like crap. My diet is far from typical and as a result of that and my workouts I look far from typical. But that wasn't my point at all and just an irrelevant aside you brought up in a rather obvious drawing for straws to dodge my real questions.

Nobody really knows what causes acne definitively, though there are many theories and somewhere in there is probably the truth. Diet is probably a factor as well as genetics and hormone levels. But nobody can say for sure what the cause is because everyone is different and reacts differently to each of those factors.

So the questions remain, scientifically explain to me why these cleanses are necessary and serve to accomplish what they say they do. That means link me to scientific studies that have been done that say they work.

Then explain to me what a toxin is. What is the chemical composition of a toxin. And why does drinking this particular potion among the millions of other b.s. snake oil potions cleanse you of said toxins.

Edited by Pimpstick

cleansing is very helpful for the body and acne as long as you REPLACE the stuff you flushed out with good stuff

For example eating a healthy diet afterwards and taking probiotics.

and you won't get dehydrated with the salt flush as long as you keep replacing the fluids lost

cleansing is very helpful for the body and acne as long as you REPLACE the stuff you flushed out with good stuff

For example eating a healthy diet afterwards and taking probiotics.

and you won't get dehydrated with the salt flush as long as you keep replacing the fluids lost

No, it isn't very helpful for the body. If it is, prove it to me with science. Show me that doing a "cleanse" then eating healthier is better than just eating healthy to begin with. And no kidding you won't be permanently dehydrated if you replace fluids afterwards, that isn't the point. The point is you're unnecessarily purging your body of vital fluids and other things because you read on some hack site on the internet that it's good for you *moderator edit*. That is, unless the placebo effect is something. Or maybe the "cleanse" makes you feel so bad while you're shitting your guts up that you get a wave of euphoria when your body rights itself afterwards.

*moderator edit* I have seen hundreds accounts of things being cured or heal by cleansing internally. I have witnessed first hand because I am almost clear. Some people need more than just a diet to cure their acne. I dont need to provide you with science because I believe in results not what some doctor tells me what is good for acne.

*moderator edit* I have seen hundreds accounts of things being cured or heal by cleansing internally. I have witnessed first hand because I am almost clear. Some people need more than just a diet to cure their acne. I dont need to provide you with science because I believe in results not what some doctor tells me what is good for acne.

Finally someone understands. Day 1 of my saltwater flush has begun. I drank it when I woke up but still haven't had my bowel movement. Maybe my body is in worse trouble than I thought.

Finally someone understands. Day 1 of my saltwater flush has begun. I drank it when I woke up but still haven't had my bowel movement. Maybe my body is in worse trouble than I thought.

Oh I see, the don't confuse me with the facts approach. People like you are the reason I'm going to bank a lot of cash once I get my supplement business off the ground, so I guess I should thank you.

I guess throw up some before and after pics since you can't be pursuaded that it's useless.

Edited by Pimpstick

Sorry for the language earlier but I just hate when people come onto a board just to bash a method of clearing acne saying that its useless and doesnt work for anybody. Let people figure out what works for themselves. Don't dissuade someone from cleansing when it possibly could clear their acne. My best example is Denise2 from these threads who did lots of cleansing and is clear to this day. Ive went from SEVERE acne to 90% clear and the only breakouts I have now are die off from this candida diet/cleanse im doing

I am not saying cleansing will cure your acne, but it is a crucial step in clearing in my opinion

Sorry for the language earlier but I just hate when people come onto a board just to bash a method of clearing acne saying that its useless and doesnt work for anybody. Let people figure out what works for themselves. Don't dissuade someone from cleansing when it possibly could clear their acne. My best example is Denise2 from these threads who did lots of cleansing and is clear to this day. Ive went from SEVERE acne to 90% clear and the only breakouts I have now are die off from this candida diet/cleanse im doing

I am not saying cleansing will cure your acne, but it is a crucial step in clearing in my opinion

its useless and doesnt work for anybody

What is a toxin?

From Merriam Webster's Medical Dictionary:

a colloidal proteinaceous poisonous substance that is a specific product of themetabolic activities of a living organism and is usually very unstable, notably toxic when introduced into the tissues, and typically capable of inducing antibody formation

From American Heritage Stedman's Medical Dictionary:

A poisonous substance, especially a protein, that is produced by living cells or organisms and is capable of causing disease when introduced into the body tissues but is often also capable of inducing neutralizing antibodies or antitoxins.

From American Heritage Science Dictionary:

A poisonous substance, especially one produced by a living organism. Toxins can be products or byproducts of ordinary metabolism, such as lactic acid, and they must be broken down or excreted before building up to dangerous levels. Toxins can facilitate survival, as with snake venom that kills or immobilizes prey, or cyanide produced by some plants as a defense against being eaten. Bacterial toxins can sometimes be neutralized with antitoxins.

My thoughts:

- Diet, exercise and an overall healthy lifestyle is the best approach to detoxification. If it's bowel movement regularity you seek, eat tons of fruits and veggies - and I do mean a ton. Eating a lot of fruit can actually cause some diarrhea. (I learned that the hard way)

- Colon cleanses are okay, if you must, so long as you're eating better foods afterward that will promote better digestion instead of relying on these cleanses. A salt water flush CAN be dangerous if done long term. It has that 'flush' affect because the body is unable to digest it properly. That, combined with potentially zapping water from your cells, makes for a bad combination if done a lot.

I don't think what you're doing is terribly dangerous - as long as your chugging tons of unsalted water and replenishing your nutrients.

- I don't know about liver cleansing. Those little "stones" you pass may actually just be bile stained saponified oil - or so I've read. I've heard good things and bad things about liver flushes. I wouldn't do one because I feel a healthy diet lets your body heal itself.

I don't condemn or condone flushes. If they help, like with constipation, they may be a good jump start for some people. I don't think they're necessary, though. If you want to do it, and it helps, then great. Just remember to keep taking care of your body, afterward.

Day 2 and the bowel movements don't happen as quickly as I thought they would but they definitely come. I feel like this is a good direction to take my cleansing in.

I'm not gonna make a new topic about this. I'm now 100% sure that food or just protein makes me break out so I'm going to do the planned 7 day fast starting today. However I have some really good multivitamins, should I still keep taking those supplements? Would they hinder the fasting process?

About the flushes. I'm already drinking a lot of lemon juice. Can I just skip the warm water part and only drink lemon juice with salt?

Edited by hesitation

I would say don't take the supplement. I stopped taking all of mine for the flush. It's really up to you and what you think is best. I don't think supplements will make or break the flush it's just a mental thing for me. So, no, I do not believe they will hinder the fast. That being said I would not take them just so you know if the fast is working not the vitamins. Sorry if this is rambling I'm very tired.

Definitely drink the sea salt with warm water and lemon juice. Remember to use sea salt not table salt. Do not skip the warm water.

my acne has gotten a lot better as I continue my flushing. I am about to get a lot more stricter on my sugar intake and hope that helps as well. Just wanted to bump in case anyone is interested in my progress or flushing of their own.