Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Crystal Brookhurst

Crystal's Regimen LOG, My progress on Acne.Org's Regimen

Day 14:

So last night for my regimen i decided that i wanted to try the AHA+ only on ONE spot that seemed like it would never come to head and it looked infected. So i did my regimen and this time i waited about 20 minutes for the BP to dry ( i got caught up online shopping and totally forgot) and then I did one drop of Jojoba in my moisturizer. ( The reason that i only do 1 drop is because i dont think i need 4-6 like they say and also, i dont want to risk greating big white heads while im trying to clear my face up). I put on the AHA+ and it stung for llike 2 minutes and that was it. Nothing major, poppin zits hurts wayyy more. Anywho, i woke up in the AM and the zit came to head (WOW)! i had to pop it and help it get on its way OUT OF MY FACE. I would rate my clarity at maybe 75% clear. That 25% is for the remaining healing ones, they look red and inflamed, a couple whiteheads that came up (small) and the crusting..i am waiting til Sunday to do the baby brush method and gently massage away the dead skin.

I probably wont do AHA+ on anything other than 1 spot at a time until everything heals and i can start using it on my problem areas i need to be restored!

Patience is a virtue and if anything good comes out of Acne its realizing that the way we treat our bodies will ultimately determine how they treat us. I dont think that acne comes out of nowhere and i do think i had a big hand on letting it get as bad as it did. I think realizing that and accepting that i am trying to reverse a problem i may have caused in addition to things i may have not makes it easier to get through the tough days.

CANT WAIT til i get to go out with my friends, look them in the eyes and not be worried about my face.

:rolleyes:

75% clear! Congrats :)

THANKS!!! I am really trying to focus on the big red ones and hoping they go away soon! I dont want to worry about the little ones that may come up here and there as my skin is getting adjusted. LETS GO REGIMEN! We can do this, girl!

DAY 15:

So last night I decided to get a baby brush to exfoliate dead skin off my face. I feel that with the BP it makes me look super dry on my cheeks (problem area) and when i smile (which i dont because it feels tight) i see like an extra layer so i can obviously tell its dead skin cells so hence, the baby brush method!

So after 15 days on BP i figure it should be ok. I got a little baby brush and let me tell you, obviously the economy is so bad that stores decided that baby hair brushes arent important and therefore i had to go to 2 stores to find one! What is funny is that i totally remember using a baby brush in the past, not because i read it here but for some reason i totally remember using it! My skin was so much better then. SOooo..i used it and it totally helped on getting that dead BP layer off my face. Totally made it easier for the BP to absorb last night. So i did that, my regular regimen and did AHA+ on only 2 blemishes that have gone down. Right now i have some little white heads on my chin but they come to head fast, pop and then heal so they arent my biggest worry tho not having them would be GRREAT! With that, i did switch another thing i have been doing. For the last..i dont know 4-6 years i have only used paper towels or tissues on my face. I always felt towels were so dirty for some reason and now that i wash my hands like a mad woman on the regimen my hands are sooooo dry! So i decided to get a bunch of face towels and switch every 2 uses to see if that helps with my dry skin.

Today my skin looked more calm and my face seems to be healing..SLOWLY but hey, at least its healing.

Another thing i realized is that since i have HD now on my beautiful giant LCD screen i can totally see everyones skin so much clearer and realized that no one should strive for perfect skin, there is no such thing, what you want is to treat your skin the best you can and over continuous use and time it should restore and stay beautiful but i dont think the DKR is meant to give you a complexion like Beyonce, i think that is something you have to acheive through time. I ALSO think that Acne may not be caused by "dirt" or "diet" or "cheap make-up" but rather a combination. I think to have beautiful skin you have to have a healthy diet to benefit from the affects of fruits and veggies and all those things that nourish your body, also having good habits such as not picking or touching your face helps your skin and also less is more with make-up, i want to eventually get to a point where i dont wear makeup and if i do it is only Tinted moisturizer with translucent power. I know this might take me a whole 6 months to acheive but whats the alternative? Exactly.

Right now i would say i am closer to clear than not, i dont have opened pimples on my face, no cysts that are hurting so i am happy even with that. I just hope my complexion becomes used to the BP because i really dont like the dull, tight look of my face right now. Anyone that has been on the Regimen for 6 months know if my skin texture will improve? Any insight would be great.

xoxo

CB

75% clear! Congrats :)

THANKS!!! I am really trying to focus on the big red ones and hoping they go away soon! I dont want to worry about the little ones that may come up here and there as my skin is getting adjusted. LETS GO REGIMEN! We can do this, girl!

I hear ya. If we can get through these first few months then it'll all be worth it. Haha, nice that you pointed out the clarity of the HD TV. We got a big one, and I'm always like, "Look she has acne!!" Lol.

Day 18:

EH!!! I think this thing is starting to really really take an emotional toll on me. Everyday i wake up trying to think positive and focus on it but it gets hard when i see my skin looking scal-ly and dry & find a new zit. Makes me feel like i am taking 2 steps forward and one step back. Yes the acne farm has calmed down but i am still getting zits in my problem areas. I know its to be expected and that i am not that much into the regimen yet but i mean seriously, i have religiously been doing this and i feel like my face seems swollen? I dont know why my cheeks feel fuller and fatter! I am so gentle on my face that i dont even feel my cheeks to check for under-skin pimples but i did on sat and found like one on each side that is under the skin, not even surfacing and not even an indication that it will, that worries me. What is it? Why are they under the skin, is that the reason my cheeks feel fuller? I feel so helpless, i am doing all i can and it just doesnt feel like enough. Then i tell myself what else do i have to do? NOTHING which in turn makes me even more sad.

I have a boyfriend who absolutely LOVES me, adores me, finds me 100% attractive and because i find myself to be so repulsive i push him away from me. i know this is wrong, i know that but i cant help but feel sad and depressed. I want this to be over. Yes the redness is slowly going away from my past pimples but i just feel like for every one i finally get rid of i get one more thats just as big and will take just as long to heal. This is so depressing. What did i do to myself to get like this? Why did i end up with such a horrible breakout? I thought the Tetracycline i took the month of January would be helping not leaving me battered and bruised. I want to run away.

On saturday after forcing myself to get out of the house to get myself some dinner i run into 2 people i know. WHY WHY WHY! I literally felt so embarassed, got in my car to leave and cried the whole way home. I know this sounds so melodramatic but its really sad feeling stagnated. Cant get pretty and go out, cant even get pretty enough to go to the damn store. Its just so much.

As far as my actual acne goes:

*Red spots SLOWLY going away

*3 new zits- one on each cheek and another one by my nose that is a white head.

*Still lots of dryness where i apply BP

*2 zits over weekend on my chin, i popped and they are slowly healing.

I consider myself 70% clear.

I have a friend coming in from out of town this weekend and i cant bail. I am going to have to go out to dinner and drinks. WHY!!! I feel so freaking sad ya'll. I just hope the next 2 weeks can bring me some hope bc emotionally i am depleted.

:shifty::sick::snooty::cry:

You are not alone when it comes to feeling this way. I know it's no help when someone says that! Acne is a very very lonely problem but you are past the hardest part which is starting.. It takes time and you will go through some tough times in the next few weeks. Just when u see improvement it gets pulled away from you and you are left feeling helpless. I speak from experience, but trust me, your perserverence will be rewarded come summer time. That's how I look at it anyway, all this will be a crappy memory that you will gladly forget. :)

Chin up chick!

You are not alone when it comes to feeling this way. I know it's no help when someone says that! Acne is a very very lonely problem but you are past the hardest part which is starting.. It takes time and you will go through some tough times in the next few weeks. Just when u see improvement it gets pulled away from you and you are left feeling helpless. I speak from experience, but trust me, your perserverence will be rewarded come summer time. That's how I look at it anyway, all this will be a crappy memory that you will gladly forget. :)

Chin up chick!

Thank you very much! Today is a better day. I just have to remind myself that right now i am in hibernation period and when i emerge i will do so happy and confident! The fight continues! :)

DAY 20:

Today is a better day. I started washing my face with colder water. I figure the warm/hot water was irritating my face and making me all red which made me see the red marks so much more. The way i see it is the least amount of irritation, the better. Some argue that the temperature of the water doesnt matter but to me it does. Its going good. Also, i started adding a little BP on top after i do my moisturizer to the spots that need more medicine (thats how i see it) it also helped to not make the red marks as noticable since i dont wear any makeup now that i am on the regimen. As far as the emotional part of it, i am doing better, trying to avoid the mirror when i feel a little better. No need to remind myself or bring myself down. One day at a time. As far as my actual face

*Red spots slowly fading

*less active acne - about 4 spots, one of them on each cheek and they seem kinda big :-/

*Skin is adjusting to BP

*About 72% clear

I also started using CeraVe lotion. I liked it but its hard to sink onto my skin after i do BP, however i keeps me moisturized longer. I figure no amount of moisturizer is gonna keep me super hydrated while my face is adjusting to BP so you give a little you take a little. :)

Also, i am going to do my baby brush method today to exfoliate. I am going to do it once a week, every wednesday. I figure thats a good way not to cause irritation. So i am looking forward to that. I am also going to try to use cold water for my face when i shower (ouch) but i think these are little tricks you have to figure out for yourself and see how your skin reacts. All i keep telling myself is that if i fast foward 4 weeks from now i should be even closer to healthier skin. No one has perfect skin, no one will have no pimples ever but i think most of us want something that will keep us closer to our goal than at the complete opposite side of the spectrum. To be honest, even when i was using proactiv or any other system, i never was a dilligent as i am now, not washing my face or skipping a cleansing is not an option. I think breaking bad habits will help me beat acne.

Til next time

CB

Today i had a mini breakdown. Yes, i really did. In fact i am still trying to pull myself together at work.

First let me tell you what led up to this. As i posted before, my friends came in from out of town and these are childhood friends so i had to go out. I didnt want to risk wearing makeup so i settled with my Proactiv tinted moisturizer that i have used in the past and never caused me problems. I still dont like to wear anything but i mean i had to, anyway, i wore it, hated my face when i left the house but did it anyway. Went to a bar and of course pictures were taken. I didnt hide my current problem from any one of my girls but i mean still i made the camera man stand as far back, that didnt do anything, i saw the pictures this morning. I cant believe how bad i look, it has been the first picture since this problem began at the beginning of January. Now i wonder if i will ever look the same again, will i ever look like i used to? What did i do to get this? What can i do to stop?

I am on DKR but some days i feel better than others, i feel like every time i get over a bad couple of days i get something on my face to remind me its bad. I consider my acne severe for what i have had in the past. Some friends say "its not that bad, it it will clear up" but will it? I feel like for every one i get rid of i get 2 in its place. I dont know what to do, i religiously do the regimen, i feel like i am almost ready to turn that corner and then BAM, i see it again and its bad.

I wanted to hurt myself today, i wanted to stay in bed all day, cry, feel sorry for myself, but i forced myself to come to work, i forced myself to do my regimen because i felt like i have nothing else in the world to help me. My doctor didnt help me, she made it worse by prescribing me Tetracycline so the last thing i want to go back to is my doctor. What else is left for me? I can wait it out, see what happens and then what? Be disappointed when it doesnt work? What did i do? I want to know what i did. It is really hard for me to keep it together here at work. I even wanted to cheat on my diet and go to Burger King which is the grosest when it comes to things you shouldnt eat, but i passed it, i told myself no, now i am at work with a candy bar sitting on my desk from a co-worker and even though its chocolate i wanted to eat it. I even go as far as grabbing it to unwrap it and then told myself not to. I dont know if i will be happy later, i dont know, all i know is that right now, i feel so low. I feel like i almost let people down? I had always liked pictures, didnt mind them, now that i see what i look like in the picture i want to delete myself from any type of social media and crawl into my cave. I feel like crap.

I got 2 new pimples on my cheek that wont heal. The right side of my face is slowly healing up but i have about 10 red marks of past pimples. My right temple has one big one and one healing up SLOWLY. I got a big one brewing on my forehead, why? I dont know, The two huge ones are on my left cheek. Left cheek looks way worse than right, when last month right was the winner when it came to an explosion. I know theres nothing any one else can say other than keep with the regimen, but i wanted everyone to understand that i am feeling the same emotions as most of you, i feel absolutely desperate, pulled in different directions and completely depleted. It has to get better, i hope it really does.

You are so early into the regimen, it's been 8 weeks and only now am I seeing any improvement, you have to hang in there, the first couple of months are hell, I suffered badly. For all I know I will break out again now and feel like I'm back to square one again. But I know it will be worth it in the end!

Just aim for the 3 months mark, try to focus on that and that these are just temporary spots. There is light at the end of the tunnel :)

Edited by Colwyn

You are so early into the regimen, it's been 8 weeks and only now am I seeing any improvement, you have to hang in there, the first couple of months are hell, I suffered badly. For all I know I will break out again now and feel like I'm back to square one again. But I know it will be worth it in the end!

Just aim for the 3 months mark, try to focus on that and that these are just temporary spots. There is light at the end of the tunnel :)

Thank you! This really gave me hope! I have been keeping up with your log so i look forward to reading up on your results! :)

DAY 28:

Slight improvement. Or so i thought, I had a really bad day on Monday, i even left work early. Then Tuesday i thought "i dont look that bad" and then i realized i didnt wear my contacts and left my glasses in the car a majority of the day. THEN i put them on and lets just say, i had to stay away from mirrors the rest of the day. Just looking at my skin, even though its better than it was i still feel scared that its never going to go back to where it was when i was happy. Feeling like i have acne on my face makes me feel like i am not myself. Like i am wearing a mask and i dont feel comfortable in my own skin, i see alllllll these people with beautiful skin, like they never even had a mark on their face, no discoloration, nothing, i wonder what I did to get this problem on my face. I feel more sad because i have completely pulled away from my boyfriend. Every night when i do my routine i end up going to bed totally sad. Yeah like i said, its not as bad, but i dont see a VAST improvement and so it makes me feel like i am always going to feel this way. I dont want to.

I am a very smart girl. I know that life is what you make it, but what if you cant MAKE yourself feel something you dont? My skin is still flaky on my cheeks, its the place i put the BP mostly because i dont see a purpose in doing my whole face if the problem is all in my cheeks, some spots on my chin and my temples, those are clearing but my cheeks just dont look like they belong to me anymore.

On top of that, i feel like i will never be able to look in the mirror and be happy, i know as a girl its important to wear some coverage because everyone longs for the even matte skin and not everyone has that. I just am so afraid to cause this problem again and i cant say that my makeup didnt cause this on my cheeks because i cant figure out WHAT did, that is the most frustrating. As for my Acne, its slowly healing. SLOWLY. I would consider myself 75% clear now. I still have some under the skin ones on my cheeks that make me feel like its a never ending cycle. I just want to get to that point where i can say "my skin is beautiful" i want to feel that surge or excitement that makes me feel like i can do absolutely ANYTHING i want. I want to feel comfortable in my skin and not like its detached from me, like its this "thing on my face".

I also have been fighting off the urge to use my Proactiv Cleanser, i feel like i used proactiv for soooo long with pretty good results. I mean, when i used it religiously i got clear but my face was always sooooo dry and the texture was horrible. Now i know its because i didnt use a moisturizer after the BP, no one told me!! Either way, i would like to use it like 1 time every 2 weeks to exfoliate, i can see all the dark dead skin on my face and it looks dirty, i have tried the babybrush method but it barely gets rid of anything, i feel like i need something rougher. Has anyone used this during the Regimen? Answers would be extremely appreciated.

Currently i have one big one healing on my forhead, two healing on my right temple. Red marks on my right cheek are healing but there are still some pimples under the skin. I have 2 big ones on my left cheek and LOTS of red marks. SIGH...i know im only on month 1 but i feel like this is the time i usually give up and try something new, i just really need a GOOD exfoliator!!!

DAY 32:

Still on the regimen. I think about my acne.org community when i want to resort back to bad habits. I think, 'would they approve?' HAHA well after thinking about it long and hard i actually used my proactiv cleanser. I only used it for 10 seconds, and i didnt push down on my skin, i figured after 1 months of BP 1 exfoliation would be OK, i probably will do it again in 2 weeks to see how my skin reacts. So far i have a couple actives. I have one giant one on my left cheek, no head just bump. I notice if i put BP on these they go back down? WEIRD. Anyway, as for my right cheek, its slowly improving, at least its not going in the other direction at full speed so i shouldnt complain. I got a couple white heads 2 on my chin and one by my nose, the nose one is ready, i popped the other 2 last night, they are healing. I still have dry skin but i am hoping it decreases w. use of BP, so far i still think i am at 72% clear. One more month b4 improvements.

Day 43:

I have been reluctant to update because i feel stagnated. Sure my face isnt breaking out like it was 6 weeks ago but its still taking its sweet time to heal. I dont know if its because obviously i had the worst breakout of my life, meaning all over my face, or what, but it feels like this is taking longer than othe breakouts ive had in the past. :-/

Yesterday i did a salt rinse, i just put organic sea salt in the sink, rinsed my face a couple times, used a little bit of Purpose just to wash away any residue and then just did the regimen. It didnt hurt, in fact, after i washed my face felt refreshed. I dont plan to do this often, i dont even know what made me really do it. I didnt do a scrub or anything, i just thought it would be ok to do since it is true, my face always seemed clearer after swimming in the ocean.

As for any other tweaks ive done..i just stopped drying my face off with a face towel or even paper towels, i started to feel like paper towels were actually breaking me out so better safe than sorry, so now i just air dry, it adds about 10 more minutes to my regimen but its okay.

Right now i have one active, small one on my chin, yesterday i had 3 total, 2 i got out completely and now they are healing, red marks dont seem as red but i still have a lot of post acne marks. I think 1-2 may actually scar which pisses me off because prior to this i didnt have any, but whatever, what can i do but wait it out. I havent really started using AHA on my face other than the occassional spot treat only becasue its hard to use sunscreen and i dont want sun spots. Also, i find it hard to moisturize. I feel like since i dont use the BP all over that it wil spread out when i put my moisturizer and also, ive always felt like it would break me out, i know i may just be paranoid but hey, i am trying.

My face is really dry on my cheeks and the texture of my skin looks dull and weird. I just keep telling myself that it will pass and eventually when i clear up i can lower the amount of BP i use..my overall plan is to use the regimen for 6 months until i can clear up and heal up completely and then decrease to once a day until i can handle it...ill probably check back in about 2 weeks. My birthday is approaching soon, cross my fingers i can actually wear makeup since my dry flaky skin is just annoying! Oh well, it goes hand in hand with BP use!

- CB

DAY 65:

Wellllll i am happy to report that The Regimen is working. Sure its a slow process and some days i feel like maybe ill stay stuck at the last of it but i just keep telling myself that just like a burn victims skin heals over time, my face will heal too and all the red marks and scarring looking ones will go away..in time. I have been consistently doing the reg 2 times a day every day. The only thing i'm having a problem is settling on a moisturizer. Its hard..ive had dry skin for years so ive almost come to like it that way because for me.. Dry skin > Oily skin..but i know its unhealthy in the long run. Ive been using Murads Skin Perfecting lotion at night and in the morning i use Proactivs Oil Free Moisturizer with SPF 15. Which is cool. I still have some really stubborn ones that have been under the skin come up..actually as nasty as this sounds, on Thursday one that had been under my skin for like over a month and a half finally came up..it was disgusting..so bad that i remember the texture. NASTY!

As for any other tweaks..ive started using my Proactiv Cleanser 1 time per week in the last 2 weeks and it has helped by bringing up stuff that i can feel stuck under the skin. I think its good to just get the bad stuff out so i can move on with my life. I also started exercising 5 days a week..45 minute cardio making myself sweat. This i think has helped me, my face looks sooo much better after working out. I just make sure to rinse my face with COLD water immediately after i am done sweating and then i go home and shower/do the regimen immediately. Its all 12 hours apart so it works out. Some people say working out doesnt help but i think it definitely does, it keeps you healthy and also makes you more conscious. Above that, even if its for 1 hour a day that my skin looks better then i dont mind working out. Come summer i want a bikini bod and perfect skin! :)

All i gotta say is that i consider myself a "i know best" kind of person and i put my full trust into this regimen, i am not done, i will give it 2 more months before i can really say hands down it works, but so far it has. I have faith and even though ive told myself that NO IT DOESNT WORK, at the end of the day i cant deny that i dont have open wounds on my face, i am not raw in the face and i can see new skin generating so be consistent and do it even when you dont want to. The alternative is to start something new and then experience the "in the beginning its always worse" so then youre back to square one.

Also, i was on youtube looking at before and after acne pix and came across "the acne practice" channel and WOOOOOWWWW their cases were severe and the peoples skin ends up looking soooooo good! Then i started researching to see what ingredients they used...so i looked and found postings where they said that asking the creator what ingredients were in the products wasnt getting any answers (weird) so i kept looking..found out its clinic in NY and it costs 900 bucks to do their program and you can also buy it online for $280 for a starter skin, after looking for reviews i found a current user who said the active ingredient in the system is...dun dun dun...... BENZOYL PEROXIDE! Woooowww shocker...but they sell probably the same system as The Regimen for 20 times the profit. I love Dan. Hes honest and he actually cares..end of the day, this is by far the most effective system because it gives you the tools to understand the cure and not something in a bottle with a hefty price tag and a miracle promise.

Stay consistent, dont give up, all things in life heal. Be patient and good luck!

ill update in a few weeks!

xoxo

CB

DAY 85:

Hello! I gotta say, i spend less and less time on this site. I am not completely clear..i dont want to say that i am not significantly clearer than when i started because i sure am. I sometimes worry that using BP for so long is gonna cause damage but oh well..so far its kept my pimples minimal and even though i am still healing i am not quitting the regimen anytime soon. I told myself i would give it 4 months. Even if i wanted to quit, i wouldnt, and there were days that i felt like there was no point because i was too dry, too red, or there was a new pimple..then i forced myself to keep going. Kept reading the sucess stories and told myself that i had to trust in Dan. I am still doing it 2 times a day 12 hours a part. I exfoliate every 3 days with something i picked up at Bed Bath And Beyond..its called Wonder Cloth and OMG..those japanese people are genius' i think if youre interested in a cloth that removes makeup and exfoliates without anything else than water then please look into it! I wanted to let poeple know that you have to follow it to the T..i experimented and took steps back..be patient..the day will come..even if im not there yet, i am on my way..all i gotta do is do the exact same thing im doing!

I would consider myself 83% clear only because i am a perfectionist and i consider the dry flaky skill a bad thing. Its not as bad as when i first started but it still dries my skin out so i know its working! STAY CONSISTENT! PUSH YOURSELF! BELIEVE AND DONT DEVIATE!

Ill be back in a month to update !