Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thanonymousdude

big unhealable bumps (pimples under skin)

hi guys!

uh i feel sorry for stupid mistakes or silly explanations i am german so dont flame pls ;)

i got my infected whiteheads (the ones you can scratch out) almost under control i get like 2 every month right now. but my face is FULL of red spots and then i get those 'bumps' -.-

i can't really explain them :P its just like a pimple but its 1mm under my skin so i have a hardened red spot that sits on my face and just doesn't leave. they come like everyday and it takes around 1-2 months until i see them shrinking A BIT... i think that my problem now is not only all the pre-acne red spots i have but those damn bumps.

so, finally my question is: how can i get rid/prevent those DAMN bumps?!

oh yeah right now i only use cleanser, an 'acne-removing-cream' with salicylic acid (know its spelled wrong but i hope u know what i mean xD), tea-tree oil and (rarely) moisturizer. this has been the best way to deal with my face but im missing the right ingredients for the bumps :P

greeets and thanks :hand:

salicylic acid well there's your problem. Stop using that. Those bumps are pimples and an abnormally amount of blood is in them, causing the redness. They are deep under and protected, so they take an extremely long time to go away. When you notice the swelling going down, the pimple has left, but you will notice the redness stays. That is because the blood takes a long time to leave the hole it's made. The best way to treat this is to stop using that acid. Go to the store, and buy some Omega-3 fish oil. Take those as directed. Also, pick up a bottle of Organic (Mother) Apple Cider Vinegar and some cotton balls. Apply the ACV to your face with the cotton balls, gently. Tap, don't rub. The ACV treats the skin and removes toxins that causes build up. Ex: Pimples, blood surfacing, etc. Also, it would be a good idea to buy a benzyl peroxide facial cleansing bar (10%) to clean your face with while in the shower instead of that acid stuff. Um also, when you apply the ACV, the first couple times you use it be sure to add some water to the cotton ball so your skin can get used to the ACV. After three or four times with added water, you can gradually decrease the amount of water you use until you're finally using just the ACV.

Give it a try, honestly. People don't think it works, but they never try it. I did and it works. If you have acne and you want it to go away, then try this. Hope it helps.

Hank would have you believe these pimples are filled with blood. That's probably not true. It sounds like you have cysts. You're right, they take forever to go away on their own. They become inflamed and painful (but not due to being filled with blood). Quickest solution: get a cortisone shot. I honestly don't think salicylic acid could hurt things...

Well, it is blood. Redness means there is blood there. Yes, it probably is a cyst. Within a cyst is blood. You could get a shot, but that's a lot of money. Though if you aren't cheap like me then go for it. But whatever you do, do not try to pop it or poke it with a needle. You have to be extremely experienced and know what you're doing to do that. Um, ACV will penetrate down to a cyst and get rid of it with time any way. So do whatever you want, but I swear by ACV. And i've had acne as bad as any one. I prefer using natural things to cure my acne, and it works great! I hope you find a solution. Also, the acid hurt me pretty badly. I went through weeks and weeks of testing. My conclusion: It just aggravated my acne worse. A little Benzyl and ACV helped me the most. Any way I'm just trying to help. One thing I have learned is, different things work for different people. I hope you find the right thing for you. And i'm not trying to argue with the post above me. :-)

Edited by hank

Cysts aren't pimples filled with massive amounts of blood. It's usually just pus that makes them so big. And, of course, the skin is irritated so it provokes an inflammatory response.

True, but there is always blood. I've popped my share. Yes, there is a lot of pus

Edited by hank

hey hank,

ive heard much about this apple cider vinegar but apparently only about the name and what it does.

is it a cream?

and where can i buy this? is it in every store or do i need a prescription from a doctor?

greets

Hey I have problem like you, I have a red bump on my nose that seems to shrink after I wash but only becomes red and seems to get bigger shortly after. Also, I have bumps on my chin which aren't really red, but are very visible. I've had both of these for months, since last summer, and even went to the dermatologist who i think said they were black heads under the skin. But they look nothing like blackheads and I'm not sure if blackheads do get red? Anyway, at this point I'm not sure if the bumps are some form of scar or if they just like my face and don't want to leave. Either way I really wish they were gone. Any suggestions?

Unless you can get access to a cortizone shot, leave it alone... it's under the skin and probably a cyst. If you want a scar just keep tweekin with it. If you get a lot of cysts just go on Accutane and get all the nasty acne and harmful products over with. Best advice :D