Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jennybenny

accutane

hi my name is jennifer and i have been suffering from acne since i was 16 and its just getting worst and worst i am currently 20 years old and i have acne all over my face back and chest i recently heard of accutane and ive been trying to get tons of dermatologist to prescribe it to me but all they give me is anti biotics i was wondering if any one knows of a dermatologist in the new york area who is willing to prescribe it , thank you .

my derm in CT seems to have no problem prescribing it. He actually suggested it to me and I was a little surprised. But I have tried 3 different antibiotics over the 6 years ive been seeing him so maybe that had something to do with it. My acne isnt even that severe, its just very stubborn. I too have acne on my back and chest which is also why I think he suggested Accutane. It seems like some derms won't put anyone on it, but mine made it seem like it was just another antibiotic.