Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cysthunter

lemon juice made the scar more pronounced... why?

i slept in with honey+lemon juice on my face last night and this morning i notice that my skin is suppler with better tone and the red pigmentation on my acne scars have gone down dramatically. however, i have one rolling-scar-ish crease/depression next to the acne scar from where i squeezed too hard with my fingers i presume and that crease has actually become more pronounced. i'm pretty sure it's the lemon juice alone that caused that instead of honey because i had on honey all day at home yesterday and the depression wasn't increasing meanwhile. is this what's expected with lemon juice? only good for melting dead cells and not rejuvenating them? what should i try for rejuvenation? thanks for your input guys and sorry no digicam at the moment.

i slept in with honey+lemon juice on my face last night and this morning i notice that my skin is suppler with better tone and the red pigmentation on my acne scars have gone down dramatically. however, i have one rolling-scar-ish crease/depression next to the acne scar from where i squeezed too hard with my fingers i presume and that crease has actually become more pronounced. i'm pretty sure it's the lemon juice alone that caused that instead of honey because i had on honey all day at home yesterday and the depression wasn't increasing meanwhile. is this what's expected with lemon juice? only good for melting dead cells and not rejuvenating them? what should i try for rejuvenation? thanks for your input guys and sorry no digicam at the moment.

if this scar was fresh, still healing as in an open wound, then I dunno maybe you irritated the spot.

however, if this scar is healed and is old, then the lemon juice and honey didn't do anything. neither are strong enough to do anything to an old scar. Lemon juice doesn't effect skin like that. It does however, damage tooth enamel.

I would say, if you have fresh new wounds, stop putting lemon juice on them, you might be irritating the spot.

peace

I think the thing to keep in mind is that your skin... in fact... your whole body, changes every day, and in just a few hours. Typically skin looks a lot better in the morning. I think the cells retain less water, which means everything lays flatter. You'll also notice your stomach sticks out less in the morning. I think when people are noticing these changes day to day, that oftentimes it is more likely due to temporary changes that just occur normally, or maybe due to some treatment. You can ask any person that depends on their looks to make a living, and they will tell you that they look drastically different at different times, under different conditions. I think we are probably just harder on ourselves, because we think there's something wrong with us. But overall, I think it takes a long time to see any major overall differences when doing any home treatment. Lighting also has a huge difference. I looked at myself on an overcast day today and wondered why I;m even bothering trying to do stuff to my face. But I know that changes throughout the day and depends greatly on how it's viewed. So it's all relative really.

I think the thing to keep in mind is that your skin... in fact... your whole body, changes every day, and in just a few hours. Typically skin looks a lot better in the morning. I think the cells retain less water, which means everything lays flatter. You'll also notice your stomach sticks out less in the morning. I think when people are noticing these changes day to day, that oftentimes it is more likely due to temporary changes that just occur normally, or maybe due to some treatment. You can ask any person that depends on their looks to make a living, and they will tell you that they look drastically different at different times, under different conditions. I think we are probably just harder on ourselves, because we think there's something wrong with us. But overall, I think it takes a long time to see any major overall differences when doing any home treatment. Lighting also has a huge difference. I looked at myself on an overcast day today and wondered why I;m even bothering trying to do stuff to my face. But I know that changes throughout the day and depends greatly on how it's viewed. So it's all relative really.

the skin in the morning is seen well so that it has less flow of blood, sees pale white, polishes. it is as if you were in favor anemic of minutes