Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sfnp

3rd day, so far so good

Hey,

I started taking accutane on monday, after a LOT of hesitation. When I got down for breakfast, I must have spent like 5 minutes staring at the pill, going over the list of possible side-effects in my head over and over. Then I took a deep breath, and swallowed the pill.

This is now my 3rd day, and things are looking pretty good. I've been drinking a lot of water, washing my face 3-4 times a day. And most of all, I've stopped touching my face in any way!

I don't know if it's my imagination, but it seems that my face is a lot less red, like the red spots have started fading a bit ...

What's also strange, is that some of my pimples have practically disappeared without leaving any redness, while others have become huge ...

I'm not experiencing any side-effects yet, apart from mildly dry skin around the lips and on the nose.

So, I hope it keeps going well, and hope to have clear skin soon :)

Day 5

I got up this morning, anxious about what I would look like. Surprisingly, not too awful.

I noticed scabs had formed in several places, where there used to be whiteheads( which I had gotten ... rid of). Which is a good thing ... I think?

Other good news, some pimples have completely disappeared! And others have shrunk so much, you can barely see them.

Also, this may just be my imagination, but I feel like the redness has faded a little more. Is accutane supposed to have this effect?

I don't know whether to consider this good or bad news, but my IB seems to have started. I'm having massive whiteheads appearing a little everywhere on my face, about 7-8 of them, even on my chin, which is a place I normally never get acne.

I'm not experiencing any side-effects yet, apart from some dryness around the mouth, on the chin and nose.

I can't wait for my acne to be gone forever! It's only been 5 days, and it already feels like an eternity.

To whoever may be reading this, good luck on your course!

Edited by Sfnp

Hi,

Congrats for starting with accutane. I have finished my course 2 years ago and looking at my face nobody can tell I had acne and believe me I had the worst type of acne ( the one that leaves marks).

At first it`s hard because it seems like it isnt working and after that it`s even worse because when accutane starts working your acne breaks out and it takes a while to clear but I tell you that it is worth the wait you just have to be patient. It took me a 7 month treatment to get cured so it`s not overnight that you`ll see results. Besides, the good news is that accutane keeps on clearing your face even after you stopped taking it!!

Good luck with your treatment and be patient!! :D

Hey,

I started taking accutane on monday, after a LOT of hesitation. When I got down for breakfast, I must have spent like 5 minutes staring at the pill, going over the list of possible side-effects in my head over and over. Then I took a deep breath, and swallowed the pill.

This is now my 3rd day, and things are looking pretty good. I've been drinking a lot of water, washing my face 3-4 times a day. And most of all, I've stopped touching my face in any way!

I don't know if it's my imagination, but it seems that my face is a lot less red, like the red spots have started fading a bit ...

What's also strange, is that some of my pimples have practically disappeared without leaving any redness, while others have become huge ...

I'm not experiencing any side-effects yet, apart from mildly dry skin around the lips and on the nose.

So, I hope it keeps going well, and hope to have clear skin soon :)

Hey, good luck on your course!

I remember the day i took my first pill, way back when (last friday.) i was so nervous, and kept expecting the side effects to hit me any second. i was like.. is that dry skin? am i depressed? does my back hurt? etc. but i've barely noticed anything yet either. GOOD FOR YOU not picking at your face, that is my weakness. besides hot fudge sundaes and polar bears (in theory.)

anyway, i'll check back to see how you're doing. :)

Hey thanks for dropping by my log.

"I got up this morning, anxious about what I would look like. Surprisingly, not too awful." </~ haha, that's me too. I too have noticed that my breakouts heal faster, and i think it has some anti-inflammatory properties which makes the redness goes away sooner. But people say they develop redness in the cheeks due to accutane, so you can look forward to the "accutane glow". :) Good luck on your 'tane course.

Thanks to everyone for the support :)

Day 7

1st week is over! Felt like a month :wall:

I feel really ugly today. This is definitely the IB! I have giant pimples growing all over my face, even in places where I almost never had any! But hey, I'm taking comfort in knowing that this is my face purging, and that these pimples were going to come sooner or later. Might as well be sooner.

But putting the pimples aside, my skin seems to improve. The pimples are grouped in areas, and the rest of my face seems very clear. The redness seems to fade have faded a little more in certain places. I'm just hoping none of this redness is scarring.

Not much more has changed. The only side-effect so far is still the facial dryness, which seems to come and go.

Thanks for reading :)

Edited by Sfnp

Day 10

The days seem to go by faster now, which is pretty cool. I've finished the first tablet of the box, which is also pretty cool, makes me feel like I've reached something.

A few days ago I was breaking out like crazy. And I thought it was going to be like this for several weeks. But it seems to have already stopped! Most of the pimples I had have already disappeared or are "dying". This morning I had only 1 new pimple ...

Is it possible to have the IB, then a few days with no new pimples, then a new breakout, then several more days with nothing new, then another breakout, ... and so on?

My skin is really weird. One day it's fine, and the next it's peeling. Tomorrow it'll probably be fine again ...

Day 15

It's been a few days since I updated. My skin has been through a lot of change in just a few days ...

I've had another breakout, a big one. A lot of pimples coming and going. The good thing is, they die and disappear fast, so I don't have to carry them around for too long (I'm trying to leave my pimples alone as much as possible).

But it's horrible to go to school looking like I do ... I'm only going when my skin isn't too bad.

The other day, I was hanging out with a friend in the hallways. I touched my skin every now and then, and it FELT ok. But after an hour or so, I went to the restroom, and looked in the mirror. I had peeling skin everywhere! All around my lips, chin, nose ... it was horrific. Luckily my friend is really cool about the whole thing, so he doesn't care. But when in the restroom, I was trying to remember all of the people that had seen me, the people I had said hi to. It made me feel like crap :wacko:

There was also the day I took the bus. There was this really cute girl, about my age. She was texting, so she didn't notice anything around her. After about a half hour, she put away her cell phone, and took a look around. She saw me, stared for a few seconds (and not at my eyes), and quickly looked away when she noticed I was looking back at her :doubt:

This morning, when I got up, I looked in the mirror (first thing I do now). I thought my skin was at its worst since I started the treatment. But when I took a second mirror, to look at the sides, I noticed a lot of the redness was gone on my cheeks. That really cheered me up :)

But the dry skin is becoming a serious problem, it's starting to affect my whole face. Other than that I don't have any side-effects. I had some back pain last week, but I don't think it was the accutane? (I have a rubbish chair, I should get another one)

Well, that's it for now, thanks for reading.

Hello- I am wondering what generic brand of 'tane you are on (Amnesteem/Claravis) and what your dosage is? I am on Day 19 of 40mgs of Amnesteem and have no dry skin to speak off...kinda wish I did because then I would know that its working...lol

Take Care :)

The other day, I was hanging out with a friend in the hallways. I touched my skin every now and then, and it FELT ok. But after an hour or so, I went to the restroom, and looked in the mirror. I had peeling skin everywhere! All around my lips, chin, nose ... it was horrific. Luckily my friend is really cool about the whole thing, so he doesn't care. But when in the restroom, I was trying to remember all of the people that had seen me, the people I had said hi to. It made me feel like crap :wacko:

There was also the day I took the bus. There was this really cute girl, about my age. She was texting, so she didn't notice anything around her. After about a half hour, she put away her cell phone, and took a look around. She saw me, stared for a few seconds (and not at my eyes), and quickly looked away when she noticed I was looking back at her :doubt:

hey,

i have peeling skin too. its super annoying, but it seems like it heals the skin faster because the red marks peel off quicker. if you exfoliate with sugar once a day (add it to your cleanser) and then moisturize really well after, that should help.

about the girl: that sounds like what ANY girl would do if she saw ANY guy looking at her. she wouldn't want you to see her staring at you either. i bet you looked away too, right? :)

anyway, good luck, ill check back later

ciao

Day 18

My skin seems to break out the same every day now, 3-5 new pimples. I know I should leave them alone, but I can't help it, when I see them, I have to get rid of them. I take a sterilised needle, and kill the bastards ...

Other than that, my skin isn't bad. The redness on my right cheek seems to fade very fast now. In some places It even seems like there were never any marks at all.

I have a new side-effect, back pain, somewhere in the middle. Dryness is still pretty bad, most of my face is now peeling lightly.

I'm getting my blood drawn tomorrow, I hope there'll be nothing wrong with it.

I can't wait to have clear skin! I know I should try not to worry about it too much, and what people think of me, but it's getting harder and harder. I used to not to care, but recently I've been getting lots of rude remarks, mostly behind my back (people are cowards :doubt: ). Even though I'm nice with everyone, people still feel the need to make fun of me because of acne! It's like I've already lost in advance with people, no matter what I do, they won't treat me like someone normal. Even people I thought were friends, have been making fun of me for it!

And people wonder why certains days I'm so pissed :doubt:

Edited by Sfnp

Day 32

If you'r wondering why I haven't updated for 2 weeks: I was too down ... But I'm ok now.

I went to the doctor a few days ago. He told me my blood was fine, so I can continue taking accutane. But my doctor didn't want to raise my daily dose to 40 mgs, because my skin is very dry on my face and arms.

I hope my acne will be gone by the summer! My doctor told me I can't take accutane during the summer ... I'd hate to have to stop, see the acne come back, and have to start all over after the summer ...

Accutane works well. I have few new pimples, one or two a day. And the red marks are fading faster.

I haven't experienced any side-effects except the eternal dryness.

To anyone reading, good luck with your course if you'r on accutane :)