Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danaf

My skin officially hates me...

So I started the Regimen on Saturday night (it's been 4 days).

At first my skin started to clear up, but now it's freaking out. I think my skin is worse, but not because of acne. My skin is worse because I look like I have a crazy sunburn and horrible skin texture. My face is super dry and it has irritation bumps all over. I feel like I have scales. No matter how much I moisturize, my skin is still very itchy and red!

I'm discouraged. Everyone says this is normal, but I've looked all over through pictures and no one has as red of a face as I do. I want to stick it out, but I'm going crazy! Anyone have any encouraging pictures or info? I read what to expect... but I'd like to see some pictures of other people's redness, so I know if I fall in the normal category or not.

I only do the Regimen at night. I use the first week amount of BP. I cleanse with Purpose and use Cetaphil as my moisturizer. In the morning, I wash my face and only apply moisturizer to give my skin some relief.

Help!

Have you looked at the pics I posted in my log? It's in the Acne.org regimen logs forum. Look at week two. My skin was grossssssssssss.

It will get better. Now I am having some good days and some bad days, but my zits are going away a lot quicker than they used too.

Good luck!

Have you looked at the pics I posted in my log? It's in the Acne.org regimen logs forum. Look at week two. My skin was grossssssssssss.

It will get better. Now I am having some good days and some bad days, but my zits are going away a lot quicker than they used too.

Good luck!

Thanks for the encouragement! I woke up today with less redness in some areas. Still itchy in most. The weird thing is that I have all these super tiny bumps all over my face. I assume it's the dry skin. What I really want to do is exfoliate to get rid of them, but that's not in the Regimen and I don't want to attack my face with more products until I'm used to this. Maybe I'll try the jojoba oil trick posted for flaky redness.

Thanks again!