Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TTPW4227

Is my sunscreen safe to use for acne? (ingrediants listed)

So I'm starting week 8 of the regimen tomorrow and basically all I have left are a couple dark spots (trust me,..amazing,..I'm surprised every time I see myself in the mirror) But now I'm going to be outside A LOT for track. I've already started to burn, not noticeable, but enough to where I KNOW it'll get bad. Last year the worst it got was oozing fluid.

Quote my dad: "I'm not made of money!"

So yeah. Its either burn and have clear-ish dark spotted skin or use this sunscreen and possibly breakout, wasting the fifty or so dollars spent on the regimen.

Oil Free Faces

Sunscreen Lotion

SPF 30

Hypoallergenic

Fragrance Free

Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsucciante, Benzoic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Dicaprlyl Ether, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Methylparaben, PEG-8, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 20, Propylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Triethanolamine, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Water.

Its not marked non-comogenic but what are the chances it will make me break out?

Edited by TTPW4227

Well I've actually been looking into the same thing. I've been getting burned the past week by the sun because I was like the typical California resident I am and I thought a little sun wouldn't be bad for me. Well that would have been fine a year ago when I wasn't on an acne topical treatment but I'm dumb and didn't pay attention haha

Yesterday, I decided to apply the Neutrogena ultra-sheer dry touch sunscreen that is SPF 55 daily. I've actually kinda used this for years, just not everyday, cause my mom always had it. I would wear it playing soccer in the hottest parts of California, like this place called Palmdale which is a hell-hole for weather, and I never really got breakouts on it and it feels good on my skin. It's not greasy and you can even get this stuff at SPF 70.

I'm not sure about the product youre using, but I think this stuff works, and its about $10, so it's not too bad.

Well I've actually been looking into the same thing. I've been getting burned the past week by the sun because I was like the typical California resident I am and I thought a little sun wouldn't be bad for me. Well that would have been fine a year ago when I wasn't on an acne topical treatment but I'm dumb and didn't pay attention haha

Yesterday, I decided to apply the Neutrogena ultra-sheer dry touch sunscreen that is SPF 55 daily. I've actually kinda used this for years, just not everyday, cause my mom always had it. I would wear it playing soccer in the hottest parts of California, like this place called Palmdale which is a hell-hole for weather, and I never really got breakouts on it and it feels good on my skin. It's not greasy and you can even get this stuff at SPF 70.

I'm not sure about the product youre using, but I think this stuff works, and its about $10, so it's not too bad.

Okay cool thanks! Yeah, I'm going to be able to purchase a sunscreen next week so hopefully this week won't hurt so bad :) Thats cool, I'll remember the recommendation

I use Neutrogena ultra-sheer dry touch SPF 70. I exercise outside every day when the weather is warmer, and always apply this. I have pale skin, and this prevented me from burning. It didn't break me out either. My partner was complaining that it was more expensive than some other brands, but then again, he doesn't have acne - he can wear any brand. I can't. Also, this feels a little less greasy than other brands. Still not great as far as shine - but still feels nicer than others.