Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shellbellxx

Just starting spiro

Hi! I just finished a 6 mnth course of tane 2 mnths ago and my skin is looking good but starting to break out slightly and become oily again. Went to the derm and was prescribed spiro and retin a micro. .05 of the micro and 25 mg of the spiro. That seems pretty low to me. I looked in a med book and it says 100mg for treating acne. Maybe he's just starting me low and then will raise it? What do yall thunk! Also does it lower blood pressure? Mine is high like usually 140 over 80-90. I am hoping it will help to lower that too. Let me know what you guy think

also what can I expect side effect wise?

Hi! I just finished a 6 mnth course of tane 2 mnths ago and my skin is looking good but starting to break out slightly and become oily again. Went to the derm and was prescribed spiro and retin a micro. .05 of the micro and 25 mg of the spiro. That seems pretty low to me. I looked in a med book and it says 100mg for treating acne. Maybe he's just starting me low and then will raise it? What do yall thunk! Also does it lower blood pressure? Mine is high like usually 140 over 80-90. I am hoping it will help to lower that too. Let me know what you guy think

also what can I expect side effect wise?

Hello. Most people start off at a low dose and work their way up. I also started at 25 mg and now I'm at 100 mg. Usually when acne comes back after a tane course, it means there's a hormone problem. That said, this should keep you clear. Spiro will probably lower your blood pressure, but not by much.

I've been taking 50mg for a little over 2 weeks and saw improvement. However, I had leg cramping, thirst, and after 1 day of eating too much potassium other symptoms as well. I reduced to 25mg today and I'm hoping to still improve. I'll keep you posted.