Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KNL71

Anyone experiencing increased oiliness?

I've been on Dan's regimen for 6 days now. I use Clean and Clear Sensitive Skin Foaming Cleanser, Neutrogena's 2.5% BP (I ordered Dan's BP and it should be arriving soon, so I will be switching to that! :D ) and then Neutrogena Oil Free Lotion for Combination Skin. Last night I applied Cetaphil moisturizer before I went to bed, and it really moisturized my face and I woke up today with no flaky skin. The only bad thing is the lotion seems pretty sticky and didn't really dry. But I was going to bed so it didn't really matter.

I've always had oily skin, actually more combination. The majority of the oilness is in my T-zone, like a lot of people have. Anyways, it seems like the last few days my face has been somewhat oilier. Not all over, just the T-zone. I know that if you are using products that are drying (like the BP), that sometimes your skin will produce more oil trying to compensate for the dryness. I've been using moisturizer day and night, never skipping! My face was initially pretty dry the first few days, but now it's much more moisturized and isn't flaking hardly at all. I will also be using Dan's jojoba oil as soon as it gets here! :)

I am using about 1/2 of the full dosage of BP, and plan on gradually bumping it up over the next couple of weeks. I'm wondering if the more I use, the dryer my face will become until it adjusts and then more oilier? I hope not! So yeah, just was wondering if anyone else has had any experienes similiar to mine???

You might want to try switching moisturizers and adding on the usage of a toner if you haven't already. I noticed that the Cetaphil moisturizing lotion has a lot of alcohol in it which can dry out and aggravate your skin in to over producing oil to compensate. A toner helps restore your skin regain its balance before applying BP and also helps with controlling oil.

I had the same problem. My face was dry before starting the regimen. Now I have an oily t zone. I found that cutting out sugar helps keeps it under control. Try using milk of magnesia.