Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
garmfay

Should I try accutane?

Im a 15 year old girl, and have had acne probably since I was 12. I've tried proactive, multiple different scrub/cleansers, several topical gels, and tetracycline which worked for around 4 months and then stopped, erythromycin, and Im now on my 3rd month of birth control (yasmin). The birth control has only made my skin break out more than before. My doctor said that if the birth control doesnt help, then I can try a low dose of accutane. Ive heard its pretty serious and has lots of side affects so Im just asking you guys if you think its worth it. My whole face is a mix of papules, pustules, and I just developed a nodule on my chin. Im really desperate, should I go for accutane, or something else, what do you suggest?

Have you tried Acne.org's Regimen?

If nothing is working for you, i'd say go for it.

I'm sure you know it's pretty risky. There are loads of side effects such as bloody nose, dry skin, paining organs and such.

It's up to you if you want to risk hurting your body for a clearer face. There had been numerous success stories on Accutane, so it shouldn't be that bad.

Since you getting low doses, i doubt you have to go to the doctors to have your organs tested to see if they are working upright.

you are young. See if your derm can precribe you Tetrinoin and Doxy. Worked wonders for me. personally I wasted to much time with this natural crap and it ddint work.

Dont wait anymore time and get on some meds. Live your life likeyou want and stop stressing about acne. That's what I did and if this didnt work accutane would be a no brainer.

Edited by RSXBOI

Well first of all, you are posting in a Mild to Moderate Acne forum. So, no I would not recommend you to try Accutane, that would be stupid, you should'nt even consider it if it, if your acne is not that bad. But if the state of your acne is verging on to Moderate to Severe well, yes maybe, that's different. But there are many other options out there before you even consider Accuatne. You have mentioned some antibiotics you have tried. You might want to try another one. Such as Doxycline or Minocycline, or even Bactrim.

Edited by Mumble

Don't do it. I know of a cure that will work. All you need is Apple Cider Vinegar Organic, which you can get at your local grocery store. Make SURE ITS ORGANIC. Read this article and go to the link in there:

Truth is, you can't heal it. It has to heal it's self over time as you grow older. BUT, you can treat it, just like everyone else. Here is an article talking about a natural organic product Apple Cider Vinegar Organic. *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

Take a look, and go try it. It's about 4.85 at Kroger or whatever store is near you. Apply it twice daily to the entire skin. Once in the morning, and once before bed. Just be sure to wash your face off if you are going to do something that involves sweating, it can leave a horrid odor, only when you sweat. It also smells right when you apply it, but dont worry once it drys no one knows you have it on. It works wonders, I promise. Just give it a try and let me know what happens. You may also want to dilute it the first couple of times you try using it, add a little bit of water to a cotton ball then add the ACV to the cotton ball. Be sure to tap your face with the cotton ball, don't rub it. I'm making a detailed thread later on my process and how it's proven that this method works! Hope this helps, read the article i linked!

This is my first tine posting so I hope I'm doin this right. Umm have u tried zinc? I heard it really helps. I just started taking it yesterday so I can't really tell if there's a difference, but alot of people suggested it, it won't cure it but it'll help. I take 30mg in the morning and at night

I agree with posts above. If you have mild to moderate acne, it will heal on its own eventually WITHOUT accutane. Accutane is for cystic, severe acne.

You're only 15, meaning you're going through a lot of changes (sounds corny, but it's the truth). It's most likely hormonal acne.

Try acne.org for three months. Use it consistantly, you won't see results right away (like ALL regimens). Again, try it for THREE months.

Also, talk to your doctor and parents about Yasmin. I'll provide a link at the end of this post about Yasmin. There are lawsuits pending for Yasmin because of the major side effects. Just something you might want to look into.

http://www.yasminsideeffectslawsuit.com/

Good luck!

Adrean