Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey guys i used to use tretinoin, but it absolutely wrecked my skin causing a brutal purge that lasted all summer with cysts that i never used to get. I have since then stopped using it and am now on the regimen with a waaaay better skin situation. I was wondering if I started using AHA+ as a moisturizer at night if i will go through the same experience as i did with tretinoin. I just want a good exfoliator to prevent acne and more importantly remove my scars (which are just redness, no depressions thank god!). Also how often should i use it a week at first? thanks!!

Edited by audioslave

If you're on your 2nd month or more then it should be safe to enumerate AHA+ into your regime.

Give the product a spot test before doing anything so rash as in irritating your skin further.

The use of AHA is quite simple, use it as a replacement for the Moisturizer. If you want to be more on the safe side, execute the regimen how you normally would, and dot some AHA+ over acne scars|marks you may have.

This also applies to using it on dry spots where you think AHA+ would help out.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to pm me :D

Thanks man! Im gonna try it on scars for the moment and see how it goes! O and I was also curious because ive been on the regimen since Nov 27 and I saw some really great results at first, but Ive been having some breakouts in the past month or so and was wondering if this is normal? I haven't changed anything (although I dont have enough time in the morning to let the full amount of BP dry so I have to use less :cry: ). Thanks!

Can you supply me with the time-line from beginning to end when you started and discontinued the regime?

Ex. Nov 27 - December 13, took a break, started again in February.

From the way you talk, it seems your on your 4th week to the very least, set your alarm clock back 10 minutes earlier, you need to give time for your skin to absorb the benzoyl peroxide.

BP and Moisturizer does not mix so well, that is why there isn't many products that have a two in one combo.

Daniel Kern - What to Expect

As you see, when increasing the amount to full, there will be a breakout, which may have been the last breakout you had. It may not even be the last, benzoyl peroxide takes time to sink deep into skin and kill bacteria, sometimes it's just trapped that's why Dan set a standard that people should wait 3 months before thinking their options through.

Edited by Timothy 

ya ive been on the regimen since november 27 and am still using it, so less than 3 months. Ill take the 10 min hit on sleep and hopefully my body will adjust and get to bed earlier because I know how vital basic sleep is to preventing acne, but its worth it! Thanks for the help man. Hows that royal jelly btw? I was just looking it up, "anti-inflammatory" sounds appealing =)

Well it has over 100 different nutrition so i'm pretty sure thats a plus +.

Anti-inflammatory is a great bonus as well. i think this is my miracle pill lols.

Sleep 10 minutes earlier, wake 10 minutes earlier.

He who sleeps early, wakes up early.

You're almost at 3 months, a little longer, even though it might not be the magic number, just hope it is.

haha, great philosophical analysis. Ill definatly be adding the royal jelly to the regimen, if not just for overall good health and adjust the sleep schedule so im still gettin the ol 8 hours :razz: Thanks man, I was pretty concerned but you've helped a ton! If this ends up working out Ill have to send you some regimen goodies! :dance: