Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
monkeyisland90

hyperpigmentation "red marks" after acne heals

Posted

So i got two-three zits that healed but left the red marks (i think they are called hyperpigmentation) and i know technically these are not scars and will heal 6-18 months or something like that but what can I do to speed up the healing process? I'm talking over the counter stuff so i can just pick up at walmart or something. Also is there some specific concealer i can dab on it so people don't notice it much (more like me noticing it).. i'm asian with in between pale and dark skin.

Also, i play tons of tennis in sun so i'm exposed to sun a lot and despite putting sunblock every half hr (cause i towel off sweat) and read that hyperpigmentation will get darker and permanent in the sun... So if that's the case for me since im playing tennis outside 3-4 times a week..... what other solution is there since it's probally gonna be exposed to lot of sun despite sunblock and such..

Posted

i forgot to ask.. what i can do like right now to go to store and conceal this or speed up the process.. i really don't like thinking about it cause theres more important stuff to think about...

Posted

I feel your pain. I have hyperpigmentation that feels like it's been around for years. I've read that asians, latinos, and black people are more prone to this. I swear this is the only thing "asian" that shows up in my genes. But in the past I have tried Vitamin K. I bought it at Sally's beauty supply. It worked pretty good except I felt like it was making me break out slightly. Also gently exfoliating. And I mean gently, because harsh ones can make it worse. Also after exfoliating use a face mask with part egg whites and part lemon juice. I use just one egg white and squeeze about 1/3 of a lemon in it. Leave on your face for about 10 mins and rinse off. There are also over the counter meds. for hyperpigmentation. I think neutrogena has one. the packaging will usually say something along the lines of "acne mark remover". As far as makeup goes it's up in the air. Because you play a sport it's gonna be tough. I've played sports and worn makeup my whole teenage life and nothing ever stayed on when I was sweating. There is a makeup line called dermablend, I believe. Last time I checked they sold it in stores like Macys. It looks like some heavy duty coverup. But I use Physicians Formula coverup. It is the coverup in a small flesh colored squeeze tube. It has covered better than other drug store brands and it is supposed to be better for your skin. It works okay. Good luck! And if you find something that works keep us posted.

Posted

Moved to the Red Marks Left After Acne board.

Try looking around this board. There are lots of threads on home remedies that people use to help speed up the fading process. Apple Cider Vinegar, lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil come to mind.