Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dn7prh10

Fermented foods

Has anyone had much luck with fermented foods such as sauerkraut or kefir? I heard that sauerkraut is very helpful with acne and am wondering if this is true. I am considering including it in my diet. Also I've seen at my local health food store coconut kefir which is also fermented. Should I give it a try? Has anyone else tried kefir for their acne? Also if you do eat sauerkraut how do you eat it...like on or with what? Thanks for all the advice and comments in advance!

Well, I went out and bought some sauerkraut, but still have no idea what to eat it with....and I've never even had it before. The only meat I eat now is Fish and I'm only aware of people consuming kraut on like hot dogs. So any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I might be weird, but I like eating sauerkraut plain. :D Also, I mix it in with salad sometimes. I also drank coconut milk kefir for a bit and loved the taste. Not sure that either food helped my acne, but they probably won't hurt to have in your diet!

I might be weird, but I like eating sauerkraut plain. :D Also, I mix it in with salad sometimes. I also drank coconut milk kefir for a bit and loved the taste. Not sure that either food helped my acne, but they probably won't hurt to have in your diet!

Thanks for replying. Tomorrow I will be giving it a try, I hope I like it. I tried a vegan kim chi, but could not stand the taste. So I hope its nothing like that, of course I know it probably won't have the kick kim chi does.

Question- are you buying canned/bagged sauerkraut, or refrigerated "living" sauerkraut? Fermented foods that haven't been pasteurized are great sources of probiotics, and can definitely be good for your digestive system. Sauerkraut and the likes are a good alternative to yogurt in case you are wanting to avoid dairy. Plus cabbage is super healthy itself too. It is really easy to make your own, but it takes a while to fully ferment... but you can be sure it is packed with probiotics, it may even have you running to the bathroom more haha!

Edited by Drizzler

Question- are you buying canned/bagged sauerkraut, or refrigerated "living" sauerkraut? Fermented foods that haven't been pasteurized are great sources of probiotics, and can definitely be good for your digestive system. Sauerkraut and the likes are a good alternative to yogurt in case you are wanting to avoid dairy. Plus cabbage is super healthy itself too. It is really easy to make your own, but it takes a while to fully ferment... but you can be sure it is packed with probiotics, it may even have you running to the bathroom more haha!

What I bought was refridgerated and does not specify whether it was pasteurized or not. I bought it at my local health food store.

What I bought was refridgerated and does not specify whether it was pasteurized or not. I bought it at my local health food store.

Nice, it was probably the real deal then. Is it Bubbies sauerkraut by chance?

Nice, it was probably the real deal then. Is it Bubbies sauerkraut by chance?

yes! thats it! Great! Have you tried it before? I still have not tried it yet as I'm not sure what to eat it with or serve it on and so forth. And today I'm sick so I don't think I could stomach it.