Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SilentWalker

Editing/'Perfectionizing' Product Review items

I've been waiting forever for a Spectro Jel entry in the Reviews page. And now that it's there...well it's disappointing (not exactly the word).

What I mean to say is - it's Spectro Jel not Spectrojel (I'm a perfectionist... sorry). And there's also Spectro Derm. There should be individual pages for each of the products (there's a green bottled one, and blue, and purple, and yellow-orange) all with different purposes.

I know it's not a big issue, but if it's categorized under one item - Spectrojel as whole (as it is currently), people's reviews may be misleading; because they may have used...say, the one for dry skin, while the product picture displays the purple one (for Blemish Prone skin). People will get the wrong idea about Spectro on the whole, and may not want to try the prodcut (which is amazing)

Can you make individual pages/entries for each item, ad probably group it under the name Spectro? And also can you add Spectro to the auto-suggestions for the product reviews search?

Plus is there a way someone can submit a product for review/create a page for that under the reviews page?

Edited by SilentWalker

I fixed the name to say Spectro Jel. And there is now a brand of "Spectro" in the database. So you can put in a rating for "Jel" if you want to or you may add "Derm". You may search for an individual product and if it isn't there, you will be given the option of adding it to the database. It's pretty easy to do from that point.

Is this how it should look? http://www.acne.org/spectro-spectro-jel-re.../166/page1.html

Keep in mind that here in the US we do not have this brand, so thanks for letting us know that it was in there wrong. :)

Hope that helps.

I fixed the name to say Spectro Jel. And there is now a brand of "Spectro" in the database. So you can put in a rating for "Jel" if you want to or you may add "Derm". You may search for an individual product and if it isn't there, you will be given the option of adding it to the database. It's pretty easy to do from that point.

Is this how it should look? http://www.acne.org/spectro-spectro-jel-re.../166/page1.html

Keep in mind that here in the US we do not have this brand, so thanks for letting us know that it was in there wrong. :)

Hope that helps.

Thank you. :)

How can I add Spectro Derm or other products to the review page?

A significant amount of people use Spectro according to what I see around the forums; even Americans - they order it online. So the review page for the different products should be useful, even to non-Canadians.

I don't want to clutter the Product Review page with too many different types of Spectro, as each Spectro Jel basically has the same ingredients except Sodium Oleate (comedogenic); and Spectro Derm has many different moisturizers since it's for dry skin. However, these differences may cause different reactions in each product, so people should know which one they should bought, and not give misleading information on a product they didn't use; which is why it would be nice if you made a Product Review page for each product. Just a suggestion though; you don't have to if it's too much work. I don't want to 'burden' you :).

Here are the different types of Spectro products-

post-100787-1266956122_thumb.jpg

Beside these, there is also the moisturizers - Spectro HydraCare

Edited by SilentWalker

You can add a product to the database by first searching for it. You have to do a search first. If it comes up empty, there will be a big orange button that says "Add item to database". Just click that and you can fill in the info. Feel free to add as many Spectro products as you like. Dan wanted the reviews pages to be user friendly so anyone could add products to the database.

Have fun!