Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It's like clockwork i tell you. Throughout the year my acne is mild. than come jul. aug. i get huge cysts, one after another. Why is this , who else does this happen to?

I kinda have that problem. My acne goes from non-existant to "light" though, in the summer. I don't understand it either. Perhaps it's the change in diet from what I eat at school, or a change in the weather. Could even be something in the water here.

more sun damage = more dead skin = more clogged pores = more acne

another idea is that people get lazy over the summer and slack off on skincare.

or maybe its the inceased air pollution and allergens that are to blame.

or maybe the body is spending more energy on thermoregulation and less energy preventing acne infections.

i think the first one is the most likely. so wear your sunscreen.

problem is..when i get sun my complection is so much healthier. people have said a million times to stay out of the sun. but from personal experience, i would rather be red with red spots than white with red spots.

You may have either tropical acne or rosacea which are both aggrevated by the sun. You may look better in the short run because of the tan but it will make your skin worse if you're suffering from either of these skin conditions. To be sure, visit a dermatologist and get a skin biopsy done. In the meantime, try sunblock - use every day, rain or shine and see what difference it makes. I suffer from acne and rosacea and sun block is a must for me.