Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
southamptonfc

Possible for accutane hairloss within a week?

Hey there, I have a slight feelign this all may be in my head,

I suffer from OCD so things liek this are easily possible:

I have been noticing I catch a hari or 2 if I run my hand through my hair.

Is this normal? OR could it be Accutane is causing hair loss.

I have only been taking 30mg daily for about a week (8 days)

Cheers

I read an interesting article on hair loss which indicated it was normal to loose up to 100 hairs per day as part of the hairs natural regeneration path.

I am 9 days in and panicked when i noticed some hair on my pillow. I then realized i had never cared to check my pillow for hair before thus there was probably no markable change.

In the worst case scenario we're men. Hair thinning isnt as much of a problem as it can be for women with generally longer hair. Get a short cut and unless your going bald (which it would probably be best to see your doctor about) you will never really notice a difference in texture.

It can be helpful to have someone around you to check your hair (as weird as that sounds), just to get a second opinion on whether it actually looks different.

Good luck with your course anyway :D

cheers mate yeah.

I know what you mean about never having checked before as well, which is why i think it may be all in my head. Also, I have a habit of running my hand through my hair, and I never thought to check before, so now whenever I find the odd hair comes out I freak out. I think quite a lot of the time side effects from Accutane are often imagined, simply becaus eof all the information surrounding the drug.

good luck to you as well.

Definitely an ocd thing. I've been doing the same thing though, and I'm not at all OCD. Like you said, you're noticing something that you just never noticed before. I promise you'll know eventually if you are actually having significant hair loss.