Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sadiee

Do toners really help w/oily skin??

Do toners really help w/oily skin?? If so, which toner would be the best to use? I pretty much have my skin under control thanks to Borage Oil + Letichin. :dance: The only thing I can't control is my oily skin. :wall: When I say oily- I mean super oily. My skin never use to be this bad, but whenever I decided to get off birth control pills my skin went crazy. :cry: I never got on BC for skin purposes, but I suggest that any girls considering taking BC for their acne- DON'T DO IT!!! BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE!! It's not worth it. Your skin may improve while you're on the pill, but once you come off of it- your skin will break out worse than it ever has in your entire life. If you do end up taking it whenever you decide to get off of it please be prepared for what's to come. Start taking Letichin + Borage Oil (Evening Primrose Oil, Black Currant Oil, Hemp Seed Oil- anything that has GLA) right away. I wish I would have done my research before stopping the pill. :doh: I've tried ACV for my oily skin, but I think it's made it more oily. Please leave your questions, comments, or concerns. Thanks! Have a great day. :cool:

I feel you on the oily skin, I am a guy and it just simple sucks having oily skin. I used to not be oily and now I am oily everyday.

How do you use the Borage Oil + Letichin? I am curious? What do you use to wash and moisturizer you face with? No acne? Just oily skin?

I feel you on the oily skin, I am a guy and it just simple sucks having oily skin. I used to not be oily and now I am oily everyday.

How do you use the Borage Oil + Letichin? I am curious? What do you use to wash and moisturizer you face with? No acne? Just oily skin?

You take it w/milk before breakfast & before dinner. You start off taking 1200mg GLA + 2000mg lecithin a day. Then you increase your doseage. (Borage oil has the most GLA.) This has helped me a lot. It cleared up my chest acne & facial acne. I recently broke out a lil bit b/c I started taking Vitamin C supplements so I'm no longer taking that. I just wash my face w/Cetaphill. Occasionally use a moisturizer. I recently started applying Milk of Magnesia to my face b/c I read that it can help w/oily skin. Hopefully, that will help. :pray: You should def. give borage oil + Letichin a try. It's worked for a lot of ppl. If you start to break out from high doses- just decrease the dose until your body gets use to it. Click on the link below for more information on GLA + Letichin. It's an old thread, but it has a lot of detailed information & good advice. Best of luck :D

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Evening-P....html&st=20

Edited by sadiee

I have also an oily skin and due to this I am also suffering from acne. I was looking for a effective remedy for this. After reading the posts now I came to know that Borage oil is very effective for acne. I will definitely try it. Thanks a lot.