Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fred22

Need some feedback on what to do next????

Hello,

So I used Dan's regimen before and it worked ok, better than anything did before I tried it. The only down side I had with it, was my face always looked like it had a coat of something on it.... Made my face seem really shinny, almost greasy.... But it did work. Then out of now where my face started to itch. The itching only happened in the afternoon....very weird.... So I went off the regimen and started using my old pro-active crap, which made my face break-out so bad and now my face feels all tight and my chin feels like its about to explode.

I just need some feedback on what I should do? So I order again Dan's stuff today? If so what should I pick up beyond the normal kit? Or should I find something else to use??

Also any good tips on amounts to use of Dan's regiment??

Thanks,

Do yourself a favor and throw away the proactive and curse it. Never touch those again.

Everything proactiv related should be banished.

Proactiv has helped some people, but for others, it doesn't seem to be what we need.

the cleanser is too strong and the instructions says to cleanse for 1~2 minutes which is insane and would cause a bunch of micro tears in your skin. Not only that but the Benzoyl peroxide itself has this disgusting scent to it which may be too much for some people.

And in all, it doesn't even tell you to moisturize.

What you should do is grab the cleanser, treatment, and cetaphil lotion. i wouldn't use the moisturizer because it can be a bit slimy some times.

If you've never had a bad reaction to Jojoba oil, i suggest use get some so you can help out your moisturizer with the boost it needs.

Do the simple three step and make a regimen log in the section of the forums so you can update us.

Remember, be gentle with your skin. Treat it like a little baby.

I'm cleared now of course, used to be in the same shoes as you. started the regimen over a year ago, go cleared, went lazy, breakouts.

Started 6 months ago, and got finally cleared on the 4th month.

Thanks for the feedback....

I forgot to mention that today I started back on the regiment, because I still have a bunch of the cleanser left, and big bottle of the moisturizer left too. I only have about a couple days left of the treatment so I will order more of that today. I haven't tried the jaba-oil yet but willing to try it out.

So you think the cetaphil lotion is better than the moisturizer sold on this site??

Any other tips would be great if anyone else wants to chirp in....

This time back on the regiment I will not get lazy with it, last time I got very lazy with it, to the point of not even doing it at night only in the AM....

Hello,

So I used Dan's regimen before and it worked ok, better than anything did before I tried it. The only down side I had with it, was my face always looked like it had a coat of something on it.... Made my face seem really shinny, almost greasy.... But it did work. Then out of now where my face started to itch. The itching only happened in the afternoon....very weird.... So I went off the regimen and started using my old pro-active crap, which made my face break-out so bad and now my face feels all tight and my chin feels like its about to explode.

I just need some feedback on what I should do? So I order again Dan's stuff today? If so what should I pick up beyond the normal kit? Or should I find something else to use??

Also any good tips on amounts to use of Dan's regiment??

Thanks,

It sounds like you are bouncing back and forth between products quite a bit, which isn't a good thing. I've been guilty of this too! If I were you, I'd stick with Dan's regimen, using a gentle cleanser, 2.5% bp and a good moisturizer. I just bouth cetaphil last last and used on my face before going to bed. It is kind of thick and greasy and stays tacky. However, my face was much more hydrated when I woke up today. I'm def not going to use this product in the morning though! One of the best tips I have is to keep it simple. Don't use irritating or harsh products, especially proactive. In my experience, proactive SUCKS and dryed my skin out so much and caused irritation. Best of luck to you!

Exactly, stick with one and one regimen only for three months.

If anything happens, switch the things you think needs improvement. Eventually you'll form a perfect balance regime for your skin.

Cetaphil is a lot better than the website's moisturizer, i don't want to down on Dan's Products, but it's true. I guess it's not for all people, since i guess my skin doesn't get hydrated to his moisturizer as much as the Cetaphil does for me.

It's all on how your skin works with the products. And if your running out of Treatment, go buy some Neutrogena On The Spot while your products are in the mail and in need of Benzoyl Peroxide.

Jojoba" oil works great, just don't be lazy and blame the regime.

It works good, just be consistent with what you do and be gentle with your delicate skin.

Well I never blamed the regiment, and I didn't flip-flop in between products. I used Dan's regiment for a year of so. But at the same time I was lazy with it and I blame myself for that. I always used it in the AM but slacked using it at night. Only reason why I started using the proactive again was because for some reason my face started to itch about 6 to 8 months after being on Dan's Regiment. It was very weird, not too sure why it was doing this and to answer all your next question, no it was not a rash....lol... I know someone was going to ask it....

lols. im sure it's not a Rash.

maybe you changed your diet which caused your skin to fluctuate.

Too much Sweets maybe?

I said earlier that people blamed the regimen because of their lack of effort, i'm happy to hear you know what your doing wrong.

Hopefully this time, you will retrace those missed steps and obtain clear skin.

without that Rash of course i mean.... *COUGH* the itch... haha.

Wasn't sweets..... I'm not a big fan of candy and I cut soda out of my life too.....

Now that I think about it, the only thing that I changed was when I first started Dan's regiment, I shaved using the cleanser like Dan suggest, but then I switched from that and started using normal Gillet shaving Gel. The itch only happened right on my cheeks kind of right below the sideburns area.... Maybe that small switch in the plan is what caused the itching......

Lols is it the Orange Bottle? if so i had an itch from that too 5 months ago.

Don't use shave gels until your fully clear. Slowly add in after being cleared to see if that is the problem.

Right now sometimes i shave with Dan's Cleanser, other times just plain Jojoba Oil.

That may of been your problem. But who knows hehe.

wow i had a free sample of that, but they gave me the actual big bottle as a sample,

When i used it, i started to itch like mad, the skin became really irritated.

I guess when you talk about acne related things, certain stuff pops up into your head.