Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rugged Rat

Cystic acne and sauna

Hello, I didn't find a post that answered my question so I decited to make a new one.

I've suffered from cystic acne for months and I've been on accutane for 6 months now. I still have lots of cysts under my skin. The question is, can I go to sauna with my skin being like this? Or should I wait till I'm clear? And what about Accutane? Should I wait for 6 months before I can go to sauna?

Thanks.

By the way, what will it make my scars look like? Do I need to avoid the mirror so I wont get a heart attac?

up...

And will a high temperature be harmuf for the scars? Most of my scars still have different shades of red

And what about redmarks? Is it harmful or good for them?

Edited by Rugged Rat

up...

And will a high temperature be harmuf for the scars? Most of my scars still have different shades of red

i dunno about current acnes but my scars sure seem to respond well to sauna treatment and especially the 'heat room' or whatever it is called in the states really does seem to make a difference in the healing rate that's noticeable the very next morning. 'sweat room' i refer is different from 'steam room' that's located within the bathing area where you're meant to go there during bathes. i'm talking about post bath heat treatments in steamy rooms thats suppose balance your skins ph with some mysterious method. so far it works like wonders for me. scars heal twice as fast and i'm always so refreshed coming out of those rooms. ....not even sure they might have those in the states though. im currently in china- the birthplace of saunas heh.

up...

i dunno about current acnes but my scars sure seem to respond well to sauna treatment and especially the 'heat room' or whatever it is called in the states really does seem to make a difference in the healing rate that's noticeable the very next morning. 'sweat room' i refer is different from 'steam room' that's located within the bathing area where you're meant to go there during bathes. i'm talking about post bath heat treatments in steamy rooms thats suppose balance your skins ph with some mysterious method. so far it works like wonders for me. scars heal twice as fast and i'm always so refreshed coming out of those rooms. ....not even sure they might have those in the states though. im currently in china- the birthplace of saunas heh.

Thank you for your time! :)

But my scars are scars, like 3D sunken scars ( :boohoo: ). Will the scartissue get destroyed in such a high temperature as 50-80°C? ...and get deeper?

And what about that I'm also on Accutane, should I wait because it makes the skin fragile?

Does anyone have any idea?

I dont have any experience with saunas or steambaths or whatever, however when I went in for a "jamaican hotbox" which is a ton of steam from a shower and a nice splif session in there it blew open alot of pores and made everything much worse.