Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Starlite

Pixel CO2 laser vs. Sciton Profractional?

So I have some cash coming my way and I want to go in for a treatment. I think doing a combo treatment right now is out of my price range (i.e. combining subcision with other modalities) but I want to do something over my spring break. I have done enough treatments over the last year where I think that a lot of scar tissue is broken up under my rolling scars, but new dermis didn't necessarily grow from that...

Would a CO2 laser or profractional laser work best?

So I have some cash coming my way and I want to go in for a treatment. I think doing a combo treatment right now is out of my price range (i.e. combining subcision with other modalities) but I want to do something over my spring break. I have done enough treatments over the last year where I think that a lot of scar tissue is broken up under my rolling scars, but new dermis didn't necessarily grow from that...

Would a CO2 laser or profractional laser work best?

this is a very very hard question to answer. First off sciton makes two profractional lasers. Find out if yours is profractional with co-agulation... or profractional without.

ProFractional ablates deeper, but has no co-agulation(thermal damage), which means you get no contraction of the skin, however it is safer. However, profractional has an option to turn co-agulation(thermal damage) on for skin contraction. Ablation depth is 1.5 mm.

Pixel co2 goes about .3mm ablation depth, plus an aditional .07mm coagulation or thermal damage to allow constriction of skin.

I guess you have to do your own research now and figure out which option is best.

confusing I know, hope I didn't confuse you further.

From what I hear, Pixel CO2 is somewhere between ablative and non-ablative. I'm still pretty torn between the two procedures, though. lol

From what I hear, Pixel CO2 is somewhere between ablative and non-ablative. I'm still pretty torn between the two procedures, though. lol

Pixel CO2 is ablative and penetrates at about .25-.30mm. Dudley says fraxel penetrates at its highest at a little over 1mm