Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't understand how almost everybody I know can eat fast food, junk food, sodas, etc every single day without exercising and have perfect skin.

I sacrifice SO MUCH to try to get my skin better.

I go to the gym 6 days a week. I spend lots of money on vitamins and supplements. I take vitamin A, zinc, fish oil, acidophilus, chromium, vitamin B6, and niacin every single day. I only eat fruits, veggies, salmon, etc (healthy as can be). I only drink water. I buy benzoyl peroxide all the time (why is this stuff so damn expensive?). I am a student and this is taking a toll on me financially.

My brother is 2 years older than me and his acne was already long gone when he was 22.

Now I have a huge cyst sitting on the left side of my face next to my nose, and another one forming on my right cheek. Not to mention the numerous whiteheads everywhere else.

I am considering stopping everything I am doing to try to get myself better because apparently this is a huge waste of time and money.

Sorry for the rant.

Hey,

I know exactly how you feel. Bugs me as well as I seem to be the only one in the family with acne problems. I've taken 3 types of oral antibiotics, Differin and Benzaclin over a couple years. I've suffered from acne about 5 years (off and on cystic type) Antibiotics would work pretty well for me although as soon as I get off of them it comes right back.

I made the decision to go on accutane and currently approaching month 2. My skin has improved, so I hope this will be the last drug I have to take. Knowing my luck it probably won't.

So depending on how bad it really is I think you have a lot of options. I understand though if you would rather not go through the routine of prescription meds.

Things may seem bad now but it will always get better.

Dude, I know exactly how you feel. But know what? I don't care that I know exactly how you feel because it doesn't cure your or my acne. It honestly makes me feel 0% better to know that I am not in the adult acne boat alone; I just want it gone.

But anyway, yeah, I workout like crazy, pour unbelievable amounts of water down my throat to the point that I am pissing every 30 minutes, I have steamed my face multiple times a day, done routine exfoliation, gone to a dermatologist, bought illegal and expensive acne medications from South America, paid 300 dollars a treatment for 6 laser treatments, bought a home acne treatment light, bought a home tanning light to try to kill bacteria on my face, I have taken pills, I have drank cleansing tea, I have eaten nothing but fruits, veggies, nuts and fish for prolonged periods of times, I have changed my pillow case every day, I have made myself wake up every 3 hours at night to wash my face, aaannnddd guess what? I still have no life, no money, no anything because acne has made me a hermit loser who is pissing his life and any potential that he had straight down the drain. WHHHHHHHHYYYYYYY??!!!??? Why can other people be fat slobs who shove ho-hos down their gullet and drink Mountain Dew and not work out EVER and be clear? Rant over/

PS - I hope you find a way to get rid of this horrid disease; really, I do. If you discover anything send me a message.

I wish the best to you guys.

I'm 18 in a week. I feel like I've been through alot, and I read your stories and I'm completely heartbroken.

Stay strong, my heart goes out to you guys.

I wish the best to you guys.

I'm 18 in a week. I feel like I've been through alot, and I read your stories and I'm completely heartbroken.

Stay strong, my heart goes out to you guys.

Dude, you are still very young so you still have hope. When I was 18 I was convinced that the acne would just sort of go away someday because 99% of people grow out of it, but now I am 27 and I have never chased my dreams or let myself have a life because of acne. Anyway, my point is this: you need to be absolutely relentless and find something that works to cure your acne AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. You are on this board and learning about acne and that is a good step to take, but don't ever just assume that the acne is going to naturally fade away as you get older. Be relentless and even extreme if you need to be to get rid of your acne. You don't want to be approaching 30 and be a loser because you couldn't fix you acne problem.

Also - maybe you are one of these people who has acne but doesn't let it bother them that much. If you are, then I am happy for you and disregard what I just wrote. Cheers.

It really gets to me. It has taken a blow on my self confidence, and character.

I tried alot of things like antibiotics, and pills and shit. But nothing really worked.

I finally got accutane, and I'm on day 20. Hoping this does the trick.

I have found these foods will promote acne, so avoid them if possible

* White Bread – This is considered junk food since it is void of any vitality for your body. It is hard to digest and causes constipation

* Chocolate – some chocolates are better than others. Those that have saturated fats such milk, butter and sugars are not good for your health and definitely not good for your skin.

* Fried Fatty foods – fried foods, butter, chesses, beef,

* Foods in packages – All foods in packages or boxes are junk food. They are considered dead food and provide no life force to your body. They take from you because they use up minerals, vitamins, and digestive enzymes during digestion. They contain no fiber so they cause constipation.

* Foods with artificial flavors and preservatives – These are non-foods that are super toxic. Your body does not know what to do with them so it stores them in your body as toxic waste.

* Milk, ice cream, hard chesses – these foods cause allergies and cause mucus to form. This mucus coats the colon and other internal surfaces and interferes with the function of that area. Bacteria and other pathogens enjoy living in the mucus film. This mucus also tries to escape through the face when you have too much of it in the body. If you cannot digest dairy products, this can cause you to have acne.

* Sodas are the worst drink you can take. They contain plenty of sugar and phosphoric acid.

* Sugar is considered a white poison. It creates so many health problems in the body that the FDA should outlaw it.

* Salt – avoid salt only because it has iodine. Iodine has been shown to cause acne.

* Excess Vitamin B12 – can aggravate or produce acne.

visit my blog for regular acne tips

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

Lifting weights and exercising you produce a lot of testosterone(which is a hormone linked to acne) so 6 times a week of that could possibly trigger it. I'm sure you don't lift and starve yourself so the 3000 calorie intake you probably consume doesn't help either. It's all what you want, I stopped the weights because my skin was more important. So if lifting is more important than your skin, by all means bro.

Jasin--no wonder you're still having problems! So many of the things you listed that you do are awful for you skin.