Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andersoj

Activated Charcoal and Psyllium Husk

I know quite a few people on here use Glucomannan and other forms of dietary fiber to help their acne, but I haven't read much on activated charcoal. This person uses the two together and claims to have cleared himself long term all the while being able to eat whatevs (my personal holly grail). So check it out!!

:dance:

Edited by andersoj

Haha believe it or not, I have already read pretty much that entire thing about a month or so ago. It seems long, then again HealthBoards only has like 5 posts per page... I have always wondered about activated charcoal, haven't read up on it much though otherwise. From that thread I remember some people were having results, some not... like any of these things I guess.

Edited by Drizzler

could very well be true.

Ive read a study that reduced the intestinal transit time below 30 hours and it allowing the body to rid itself of a small bowel bacterial infection that cleared up someones rosacea completely.

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal...=1&SRETRY=0

In an infection such as e coli, the body goes into diareaha mode to get rid of the toxin, but this fight between you and the bacteria can kill you. By increasing the intestinal transit time, there is much less time for the food in our intestines to ferment, and feed bad bacteria, and they get sweeped out fast enough so they cannot adhere to the intestinal wall.

activated charcoal or not, if you are regular, you will expel waste. Also dietary fiber does this exact thing that researchers call adsorption. not only can fibers bind toxins, but also excess androgens and estrogens, as well as bile acids and cholesterol, this is how fiber lowers cholesterol, as i remember.

Rice fiber has been documented to bind with some serious carcinogens from what i remember, which helped the body get rid of them, instead being reabsorbed through the intestinal wall.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=A...c44736a318a644c

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

Yeah, I kind of got the same impression Drizzler, but I still might give it a shot in a couple of weeks as I can relate to the OP's history. Hopefully I won't have to and will stop breaking out through Colostrum, but I'm not really counting on it.

Thanks for the info AutonomousOne1980, thats very interesting.

Edited by andersoj

No idea on charcoal helping acne. However, I will say its been a miracle for my monthly menstrual bloating/cramps. Better than midol!

Just thought I'd share.... :D