Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beautifulcrow

Can't figure it out!

I am 25 and for the past two years I have lived in China. Before I lived in the South US and very rarely had acne or blemish issues. My skin was always perfect. Since I have moved here I break out into these really painful acne like sores. They start as painful red inflamed hard bumps but never come to a head no matter how long I wait. Finally when I try to pop them only clear liquid comes out and it immediately scabs over and stays for months until lightly scarring! They typically are only on my chin and around my jawline.

Every time I fly home to the US (every 6 months) it immediately clears up.

This is driving me crazy and I have tried everything over the past two yrs. I have tried all kinds of over the counter washes, scrubs, & acne medications. I have tried to alter my diet and I go to the spa for facials. I rarely wear makeup and when I do I have special all natural powders. I even worried about fungal infections,but NOTHING has worked. At the moment I am trying to find a decent/English speaking dermatologist because I don't know what to do anymore!

Any ideas?

I am 25 and for the past two years I have lived in China. Before I lived in the South US and very rarely had acne or blemish issues. My skin was always perfect. Since I have moved here I break out into these really painful acne like sores. They start as painful red inflamed hard bumps but never come to a head no matter how long I wait. Finally when I try to pop them only clear liquid comes out and it immediately scabs over and stays for months until lightly scarring! They typically are only on my chin and around my jawline.

Every time I fly home to the US (every 6 months) it immediately clears up.

This is driving me crazy and I have tried everything over the past two yrs. I have tried all kinds of over the counter washes, scrubs, & acne medications. I have tried to alter my diet and I go to the spa for facials. I rarely wear makeup and when I do I have special all natural powders. I even worried about fungal infections,but NOTHING has worked. At the moment I am trying to find a decent/English speaking dermatologist because I don't know what to do anymore!

Any ideas?

You'll have to consider all the factors that you are changing when moving from one place to another.

Do you eat a lot of Chinese food vs. American food while you're in China? I've noticed sodium (salt) intake can lead to zits that tend to be way under the surface and take... foreverrrr to heal.

I'm not sure what mainstay Chinese diets are, but I have noticed that Chinese people love salt intake. A lot of their food are incredibly salty.

Also know that scrubbing your skin, and putting tons of medication on can make your face explode. The derma layer has an acid mantle that you're removing by doing that. If you're being exposed to something that's causing or feeding acne bacteria without your acid mantle the bacteria will get way way down in your skin, and you'll end up with super tough deep zits.

Anyways, it's hard to make suggestions since I know so little about your conditions, but also consider that nutritional uptake might be deficient. Maybe not enough zinc, b vitamins, or any other assortment of things. I suggest looking around here in the holistic forum and checking out what sounds right too you.

Anyways good luck!