Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sharpshuta

Dermaroller Questions..

I am thinking of trying out the dermaroller but im still a bit unclear to how the whole process should work. I understand the rolling part itself but im just not sure about the topicals and what not. For example this is what i gathered from what i read.

1. Wash your face then clean with alcohol

2. Use the roller

from there im kind of lost do i put topicals on before i start rolling or only after? Do i wash my face after rolling or just clean it with an alcohol wipe. Ive heard people saying a lot about retin-a and copper peptides. Should i use both topicals or just one? and if both is there a certain process to do it. And should i only use those topicals when i use the roller or should i use them in my daily regiment when i wash my face to?

If someone could just clear that up for me i would really appreciate it. Or if someone could give me the steps they use when doing the roller that would be great. thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

I am thinking of trying out the dermaroller but im still a bit unclear to how the whole process should work. I understand the rolling part itself but im just not sure about the topicals and what not. For example this is what i gathered from what i read.

2. Use the roller

from there im kind of lost do i put topicals on before i start rolling or only after? Do i wash my face after rolling or just clean it with an alcohol wipe. Ive heard people saying a lot about retin-a and copper peptides. Should i use both topicals or just one? and if both is there a certain process to do it. And should i only use those topicals when i use the roller or should i use them in my daily regiment when i wash my face to?

If someone could just clear that up for me i would really appreciate it. Or if someone could give me the steps they use when doing the roller that would be great. thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Use the dermaroller like u do when your painting a wall with a roller,roll up and down,left to right and cross ways.Do 3 to 4 passes in each direction with the dermaroller then wash the blood off then put Retin-A on,this will sting a bit for about 15 secs.You should only dermaroll once every 6 to 8 week with a 1.5mm needle length roller so the new collagen can re-produce.

Put Retin-A on for as long as your skin can torerate it for bc Retin-A make your skin red and it should also peel.Keep easing off the Retin-A and do a cycle,on and off depending how much your skin can tolerate the Retin-A.

It is best if you do the Retin-A 2 to 3 week prior to dermarolling to boost collagen production but i never bother puting it on till after ive dermarolled.

I wouldn't use alcohol bc it isn't good for the skin and it can give u age spots.

Good Luck M8.

Edited by Sam

Look for the threads started by lamarr and munsoned. You will find all your answers there.

2. Use the roller

clean your face with betadine instead of alcohol. You can also buy sterile saline solution at walmart or rite-aid to clean off the betadine instead of using tap water. I would not use retin-a immedialty after rolling because its way too harsh, I would use environ essentiaA forte, which is what derms recommend to use before and after dermarolling. You can buy it at firstforskincare.com